Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

This beggars belief...

Search this Thread

Old 03 October 2005, 07:52 PM
Alan C
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't get me started..

Serial rapist jailed for life walks the streets a free man after 16 years with state paid anonymity, housing & gawd knows how much extra help to get him back into society, trained, educated and nicely set thank you very much (ignoring the fact that he's a multi-millionaire).

Victim(s), relatively poor, largely ignored and with sod all extra state help left to suffer the torment and stress of him turning up in their neighbourhood for the rest of their lives..

Fair & just? Just an indication of how crap NL's Britain is.. teetering on the edge of some Big Brother, PC, namby pamby, half arsed, controlled populace cess pit with no silver cloud or 60w at the end of any tunnel.

Makes you proud doesn't it?
Old 03 October 2005, 08:24 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

She was 12 after all!! Rules are different at that age (c Jamie Bulger)

It may be that she's a borderline basket-case anyway & jail will not do any good. Or it was deemed that jail would be counter-productive.

Bet your bottom dollar that she is going to be seeing shrinks for years to come...
Old 03 October 2005, 09:41 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by **************
Puff the fact is she shouldn't be free to walk the streets having nearly murdered a little boy. At 12 years old you know what the results of your actions will be. The murderers of Jamie Bulger should have never been freed for what they did and I hope someone catches up with them one day and gets them, it will be no less than what they deserve for what they did.

Ten- to 13- year-olds

The 1998 Crime and Disorder Act abolished the presumption that children were incapable of knowing the difference between right and wrong and so this age group is now treated in the same way as other juveniles (14-17 year olds).

(taken from here

So, from a criminal viewpoint she cannot claim she didn't know what she was doing, unless there was a plead of diminished responsibility or insanity, and I don't think there was, thus I feel she should not be walking around free as the birds. She should either be in a mental institue or in Jail.

What on earth will happen if she does this again? Slap on the wrists and another bout of freedom? Or maybe they'll do what they should have done in the first place and lock her up (nut house or jail house)

She sounds like Imelda Davis from Grange Hill, there was a right bampot and make no mistake (just trying to lighten things up a little)
Old 04 October 2005, 03:21 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

she was charged with ABH and perverting course of justice - NOT attempted murder. Blame CPS for not bringing the appropriate charge, ABH is compartively minor.......

Trending Topics

Old 04 October 2005, 03:36 PM
Drunken Bungle Whore
Scooby Regular

And on another thread we can read about how people are being put into jail for peacefully handing out leaflets......

Now, if she'd had a CND leaflet found about her person when she was arrested they'd have thrown the book at her!
Old 04 October 2005, 04:13 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good job she wasn't speeding
Old 04 October 2005, 05:11 PM
Alan C
Scooby Regular

Speeding? No need for that.. Now you've gone too far...

We're talking of lesser crimes such as attempted murder....
Old 05 October 2005, 12:35 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

Dad's not too chuffed either http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bradford/4311346.stm
Old 05 October 2005, 12:39 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

So what the judge has said is...

you can attempt to kill someone, but aslong as you dont thats ok..

it was the usual ,,,, tramuatised by earlier events and mental age of xx and the cardy brigade were pattting each other on the back...

and the poor boy she nearly killed... what of him...

once again the victims come of worse....

she needs locking up period

M
Old 05 October 2005, 12:49 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by Markus
Ten- to 13- year-olds

The 1998 Crime and Disorder Act abolished the presumption that children were incapable of knowing the difference between right and wrong and so this age group is now treated in the same way as other juveniles (14-17 year olds).

(taken from here
IIRC that was always a "rebuttable presumption of law" i.e. if the prosecution could show that the defendant knew the difference between right and wrong then they could be treated the same as the 14-17 age group anyway.

NS04
Old 05 October 2005, 09:23 PM
Aaquil
Scooby Regular

See how she likes it...let someone do it to her. Scum walk the earth free whatever they do...good honest innocent people (and children) suffer. What a calamity.
Old 05 October 2005, 10:35 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Jamie Bulger would have been the same age as my son, had he lived. I would not dare say what I think should happen to his killers and as for this little bitch who tried to hang that child, again, I dare not. But I will say this, British Justice, the law is an ***.
Old 06 October 2005, 11:44 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Alan C,

I don't think they are so much teetering as you said in your first post as accelerating now that they have got power and time on their side!

I don't believe it is the legal system that is so much as fault in that the laws and sentencing powers are there to be used but the people who administer the law are the ones who are at fault for not using them as they should be.

Les
Old 06 October 2005, 03:11 PM
Alan C
Scooby Regular

Leslie - This seems like a self destructing path to take and the laws have been eroded by the need to pander to the minorities...
Old 06 October 2005, 03:45 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I agree and the strong and also destructive PC element.

Les