G_Sleigh_STi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want to go to Greece? My Hotel Recommendation with photos

Island: KOS
Hotel: Grecotel Kos Imperial
rating 5 star superior
Resort: Pslaidi

Reason: If you have never been to Greece or are looking for some where good, i strongly recommend you choose a Grecotel. Their entire chain consists of only 4-5 star hotels and have design them with serious thought.

This one on Kos is one of the best they have. I just spent 2 weeks here and was so very impressed its actually the best hotel ive ever stayed at.

Its more for couples and families with older children as its main boosting points are a full Spa and health treatment center.

Positive:

Massages, wraps and more treatments than you can shake a stick at.
5 pools linked with little river and stunning sights
Private beach with water sports
More food than you can ever want, more selection than you could ever want, They serve champaign and caviar (spelling) for breakfast, very very nice.
No building over 3 floors tall!

Its just spot on and I recommend this to all.

Indoor pool

a relaxing chill area with water feature looking over sea

Relax Spa Area

Massage tables, solid marble, you can have pure dark chocolate massaged in for over an hour, it felt GOOD!

Where they bath you in milk and honey with relax music, another spa area

Huge marble entrance hall

Dinning hall

http://images12.fotki.com/v217/photo...-vi.jpg?500375

Main building with outdoor breakfast eating surrounded by water feature

Water way with water fall to swim between pools

Open pool looking onto the sea, vrey empty most of time

Last edited by G_Sleigh_STi; 12 September 2005 at 09:27 PM.
Old 13 September 2005, 12:13 AM
Mark_S
Scooby Regular

Negative:

Price? How much please?
Old 13 September 2005, 06:24 AM
G_Sleigh_STi
Scooby Regular

Positive:

5 mins from Kos town, just 1 euro on the bus.

Negative:

Prices are not to bad, we booked through Thomson Platinum and your looking around £3000 a couple for 2 weeks including spa treatments for the garden room and goes up to £6000 a couple for 2 weeks in a famous class room.
Old 13 September 2005, 11:22 PM
Mark_S
Scooby Regular

Not sure I'm ready to shed out that sort of money on a European break just yet but must admit it looks VERY nice.

Cheers
Old 13 September 2005, 11:41 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by G_Sleigh_STi
Positive:

5 mins from Kos town, just 1 euro on the bus.

Negative:

Prices are not to bad, we booked through Thomson Platinum and your looking around £3000 a couple for 2 weeks including spa treatments for the garden room and goes up to £6000 a couple for 2 weeks in a famous class room.
I love Kos town I was there just over a year ago and really enjoyed sitting in the bars around the harbour near the roundabout with the dolphin fountain on. I can't picture where this was at the moment though
Old 14 September 2005, 09:49 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

£3000 for a 2 week break in Kos? you do realise you could go to Fiji or somewhere else as exotic for that sort of cash
Old 14 September 2005, 09:52 AM
TheBigMan
Scooby Regular

When all is said and done it's still a sweaty pit. It stinks of crap cos you have to put your ****ty bog paper in a bin. You can't drink the water and there are loads of Brits abroad in every bar.

£3000? PMSL

I'm sure it was nice, it looks it. Though to me it's just a Spa hotel, which are a plenty in england.

Sorry - £6000 ?!??!?!??!?!?!??!?!??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, that is not cool.
Old 14 September 2005, 12:50 PM
G_Sleigh_STi
Scooby Regular

lol @ putting bog roll in the toilet, not in the hotels you dont, they have proper toilets But yea around the Greek islands you do.

Smelly, thats one thing i never came across and was expecting, only once in turkey with some public toilets that were HORRIBLE.

Kos town with the dolphin foutains, its definately peacefull with some great views.

You gotta explore the world and see everything though and i think you find Greek history has alittle bit more over the exotic places. Just a little You cant not visit Greece at least once and travel around to see the history and the old empire they once had. Well if your into that lark anyway.

You gotta remember as well, the resorts where ever in the world to a high standard are there to be self contained. If you have clear water, amazing views, good sun sets, and great hotel. What more can you want in any specific place?

Fiji and Dubai i must admit are next on our list.
Old 14 September 2005, 01:11 PM
TheBigMan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by G_Sleigh_STi
lol @ putting bog roll in the toilet, not in the hotels you dont, they have proper toilets But yea around the Greek islands you do.

Smelly, thats one thing i never came across and was expecting, only once in turkey with some public toilets that were HORRIBLE.

Kos town with the dolphin foutains, its definately peacefull with some great views.

You gotta explore the world and see everything though and i think you find Greek history has alittle bit more over the exotic places. Just a little You cant not visit Greece at least once and travel around to see the history and the old empire they once had. Well if your into that lark anyway.

You gotta remember as well, the resorts where ever in the world to a high standard are there to be self contained. If you have clear water, amazing views, good sun sets, and great hotel. What more can you want in any specific place?

Fiji and Dubai i must admit are next on our list.
I like the developed world. Mainland, developed Europe.

The holiday does sound great, but SIX THOOOOOOOUUUSSSSAAANNDDD POUNDS!!!!!!!!
Old 14 September 2005, 01:39 PM
CooperS
Scooby Regular

For 6K you could get some awesome All inclusive holidays in the caribbean from www.sandals.co.uk
Old 14 September 2005, 01:52 PM
G_Sleigh_STi
Scooby Regular

The 6k rooms are on a seperate area to them selves, all inclussive, private beach, your on waiter on the beach, your own pool, your own dinning area with your own catering team so you can eat your meal in peace. Hot tubs in the bedroom etc...etc..

That is the top end, i tell you now i didnt pay that! LOL.

The Grecotel Famous Class rooms are mostly for suprisingly the famous, they boast that they are booked 2 years in advance and are mostly booked by clothing designers, sports stars and the rich and famous.

They have one called the Grecotel Michanos Blu which is purely for them and is even more expensive. lol.
Old 14 September 2005, 02:14 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

lol.. Greek History, and you went to Kos? Surely if thats what you was interested in you should have gone to the mainland? Athens maybe? LOL sorry mate, Im sure you enjoyed your holiday and made the most of it. Good stuff. But I could have done that for £1000, saved £2k and spent the rest on other holidays in other parts of the world