Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More European idiocy!!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...761335,00.html
Old 03 September 2005, 08:03 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Its time a stop was put to all this nonsense and we took our own country back.

Les
Old 03 September 2005, 10:17 AM
Robbie T
Scooby Regular

Reading this sort of **** really winds me up, i like to think of myself as fairly patriotic. The whole immigration thing, as we all know, is well out of hand and has been for ages now long before many of us could spell it. Its only sadly because of the london bombings that joe average from the quiet countryside with zero ethnic majorities has had to sit up and take notice.

When immigrants came to this country they should abide by OUR laws to the letter, speak OUR language, accept OUR culture and tried to integrate as well as they can. If this isn't done the they should have simply be sent back to where they came, no questions. (In past tense because immigration should now be stopped, completely)

By breaking our laws, disrespecting the people who pay taxes for them to live off benefit and complaining about our country's religious heritage they are making a rod for their own back.
I have loads more to say on the subject but no one will read any more and fair play for that, i have got a little off my chest

Rob
Old 03 September 2005, 11:55 AM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

Some sicko in Brussels seriously expect the EU to become another US, where we swear allegiance, carry EU passports and respect and love the EU. It's all so wrong.

Fair enough for economic trade and other things, a combined EU is fine but telling people to love the EU, be proud out it etc is rubbish. It's so symbolic of what wrong with enforced political correctness.

The US are patriotic because of a couple of hundred years of history, not because they are told to by a bunched of failed corrupt politicians who form a committee in Brussels.
Old 03 September 2005, 03:21 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Robbie T
When immigrants came to this country they should abide by OUR laws to the letter, speak OUR language, accept OUR culture and tried to integrate as well as they can. If this isn't done the they should have simply be sent back to where they came, no questions.
Exactly like the British don't when they go and live abroad then?

As for one of the people quoted: "I swore an oath of allegiance to the Queen. I am not going to take kindly to an Italian gentleman telling me to swear allegiance to unelected people"
Old 03 September 2005, 03:51 PM
Freak
Scooby Regular

I was born and have lived here all my life and I wouldnt swear an allegiance to the Queen!!!!!!!!!
Old 03 September 2005, 04:23 PM
Mick
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Brendan Hughes

As for one of the people quoted: "I swore an oath of allegiance to the Queen. I am not going to take kindly to an Italian gentleman telling me to swear allegiance to unelected people"
Makes sense mate... You might swear allegiance to your own Queen, you might swear allegiance to your own Government whom you have elected - but NO WAY are you going to swear allegiance to a corrupt power usurping bunch of beaurocrats who you haven't even voted for.

Make perfect sense to me

Mick
Old 03 September 2005, 08:54 PM
Ben WRX Bug-Eye
Scooby Regular

It gets more and more ridiculous. These people have no idea how their ideological flight of fantasy 'projects' are actually panning out on the ground. They are completely out of touch with reality. This is all going to end in tears. How is getting people to spend a few minutes swearing allegiance to the EU going to make any real difference...
Old 03 September 2005, 09:02 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

I think it sets dangerous precedents. What comes after immigrants swearing allegiance to the EU? It's the start of the eradication of each countries sovereignity.
Old 03 September 2005, 09:07 PM
Ben WRX Bug-Eye
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by KiwiGTI
I think it sets dangerous precedents. What comes after immigrants swearing allegiance to the EU? It's the start of the eradication of each countries sovereignity.
Being proud of your own countries traditions, heritage and culture was seen as bad form long ago... makes sense... I dread to think what they are dreaming up for us to be honest.
Old 03 September 2005, 09:20 PM
Ben WRX Bug-Eye
Scooby Regular

Maybe they think that this mass migration of people into Europe will ironically provide the 'common ground' needed on the way to creating a United States of Europe? Countries that have lost their identity surely will merge more easily.
Old 03 September 2005, 09:23 PM
judgejules
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mick
...but NO WAY are you going to swear allegiance to a corrupt power usurping bunch of beaurocrats who you haven't even voted for.

Make perfect sense to me

Mick
Sounds likes the UK to me :P And no, I didnt vote TB in either

Jules