Support Scoobynet!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default truth emerges the independant article

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/cri...icle305547.ece
Old 13 August 2005, 10:52 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Truth as in the press correcting their previous mistaken initial speculations (i.e jumping the gun putting 2 and 2 together and getting 50 ) - you gotta love them

Have to be careful about the sources that you read in this media frenzied age, I for one have never seen any official report via goverment about who they "thought" the perpertartors were linked to....the press however would gladly blame Mr Patel who runs the One Stop on the Bristol road...even though he is actually a Sikh
Old 13 August 2005, 10:58 PM
wacky.banana
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Intersting take on this Moses. I doubt we will really ever know "the truth" on this. More likely we will get to know whatever fits the agenda of the day. If you read the Independent article a couple of times there really is no definitive view of events, just another take on what may have happened eg:
"The 30-year-old teaching assistant who, like Tanweer, spent three months in Pakistan before returning to Britain in February this year, may have been instructed in bomb-making techniques at a foreign camp. Alternatively it is thought that he could have been assisted in Britain or obtained information from the internet".

Well he either got his training at a foreign camp or via the internet. The way its put, in my view, is pure speculation as it gives no absolutes. The truth is always an absolute and is irrefutable, eg night follows day follows night (no arguing with that).

Just in case you misunderstand me I'm not kicking you or taking sides with anyone. Its just that I have a healthy questioning mind and I don't easily go for what is spoon-fed to me, no matter from what source. That road simply feeds the bigots out there and has created a society of unquestioning fools.

We simply don't know the truth on anything anymore because we don't bother to question what we are told. How I hark back to the days of laudable investigative journalism as practised by John Pilger and the guys who outed Nixon.

Sadly those days are long gone and what we are now left with is whatever some bright spark dreams up one morning in the name of "journalism in the public interest".

Public interest? Don't make me laugh. Its whatever sells newspapers and keeps the underclass boiling over that matters. Today, a little bit of immigration, tomorrow, a little bit of health service going down the pan, the day after more immigration and scroungers coming in via "unsecure" borders, and so on.

And we lap it all up as the truth.

Truth my ****.

WB
Old 14 August 2005, 05:22 AM
Brit_in_Japan
Scooby Regular

If the report is accurate then it is very worrying. Independently organised cells of suicide bombers making explosives from commonly available household agents, how can you defend against that? Should you want to (and I'm not suggesting we should) you can't even acceed to any political demands because they didn't express any before they committed suicide. How on earth did these bombers think that killing scores of innocent people by terrorist acts would help their cause, whatever it is? These individuals have a seriously twisted sense of reality and unfortunately there are probably more like them out there.
Old 14 August 2005, 12:48 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by wacky.banana
Intersting take on this Moses. I doubt we will really ever know "the truth" on this. More likely we will get to know whatever fits the agenda of the day. If you read the Independent article a couple of times there really is no definitive view of events, just another take on what may have happened eg:
"The 30-year-old teaching assistant who, like Tanweer, spent three months in Pakistan before returning to Britain in February this year, may have been instructed in bomb-making techniques at a foreign camp. Alternatively it is thought that he could have been assisted in Britain or obtained information from the internet".

Well he either got his training at a foreign camp or via the internet. The way its put, in my view, is pure speculation as it gives no absolutes. The truth is always an absolute and is irrefutable, eg night follows day follows night (no arguing with that).

Just in case you misunderstand me I'm not kicking you or taking sides with anyone. Its just that I have a healthy questioning mind and I don't easily go for what is spoon-fed to me, no matter from what source. That road simply feeds the bigots out there and has created a society of unquestioning fools.

We simply don't know the truth on anything anymore because we don't bother to question what we are told. How I hark back to the days of laudable investigative journalism as practised by John Pilger and the guys who outed Nixon.

Sadly those days are long gone and what we are now left with is whatever some bright spark dreams up one morning in the name of "journalism in the public interest".

Public interest? Don't make me laugh. Its whatever sells newspapers and keeps the underclass boiling over that matters. Today, a little bit of immigration, tomorrow, a little bit of health service going down the pan, the day after more immigration and scroungers coming in via "unsecure" borders, and so on.

And we lap it all up as the truth.

Truth my ****.

WB

no worries bud i understand, its true newspapers a few days time their will be new stories coz no one really knows the truth anyways thats newspapers for u thats how they get people to buy

i will wait and see for a few months and see what happens and comes out
Old 14 August 2005, 02:37 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

I dont think it really comes as much of a surprise that they were working alone, and had no backing from a major terrorist group.

Just worryinh tho as it makes you wonder how long it will be until the next attack - whcih will be a case of 'when' not 'if' unfortunatly.

Another interesting article today is that the Muslim Council of Britain apparently have extremist links, but again not really surprising.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/14082005/32...ist-roots.html
Old 14 August 2005, 03:00 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Petem95
I dont think it really comes as much of a surprise that they were working alone, and had no backing from a major terrorist group.

Just worryinh tho as it makes you wonder how long it will be until the next attack - whcih will be a case of 'when' not 'if' unfortunatly.

Another interesting article today is that the Muslim Council of Britain apparently have extremist links, but again not really surprising.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/14082005/32...ist-roots.html
that has to be one of the biggets bull**** stories probably stirred up by zionist media

u know majority of the young muslims and other muslims call mcb as traitors and head stuck up tony blairs ****, iqbal just got knighted by the queen and was slaughtered by the muslims all over the uk for it

they only got 400 members which is ****

i like mab their my fave muslic association of britain
Old 14 August 2005, 03:01 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

here have a read

In the letter, the MCB said the BBC had approached it to ask for interviews with Muslims as part of a documentary for the broadcaster's flagship "Panorama" programme.

The MCB agreed but said it was then surprised when the "Panorama" reporters asked almost exclusively about Israel.

"It appears that the 'Panorama' team is more interested in furthering a pro-Israeli agenda than assessing the work of Moslem organisations in the UK," MCB media secretary Inayat Bunglawala wrote in the letter to BBC director-general Mark Thompson.

"The BBC should not allow itself to be used by the highly placed supporters of Israel in the British media to make political capital out of the July 7 atrocities in London."

The BBC said it was confident the programme would be fair and impartial.