Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

All-new impreza

Search this Thread

Old 26 June 2000, 12:10 AM
Pete Croney
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Article in this months EVO mag says that official launch will be at Tokyo Motorshow, end of August.

They also mention how Subaru UK are concerned about this affecting sales of the current model.
Old 26 June 2000, 03:25 AM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

I have currently got a peugeot contract hire car (2years)which is due to expire in Feb 2001. I have heard that an all new subaru is being released. Originally i heard that subaru would be releasing it here in the UK in the Motor show in October, but have decided to release it in Japan in late August. I absolutly LOVE impreza's and come Feb i will be having one, thats is unless they mess up the new facelift of the car. What do you all think. Will they mess it up? I have heard that they are changing the front headlights (more oval in shape)and the rear lights (more like the Mercedes C class),the airscoops on the front (larger), no high rear spoiler (darn i liked that to) and increaing the wings (wider)to look more like the 22B. I have heard that the price and power is also about the same as current models. If i bought one for Feb 2001 would i have to order in advance like the current models (up to 6 months)? What do you all think?
Old 26 June 2000, 08:47 AM
blubs
Scooby Regular

Talking

Scrappy,

This is a problem I'm facing at the moment. My Scoob is 2 years old in March and I want to change for a new one. Problem is, I don't want to wait unitl March , only to be told there is a nine month waiting list etc.

On the other hand I don't want to order in September , only for a new model to be launched in the meantime!!!

The best advice I can offer is passed from my dealer. Subaru state they are likely to announce the new model details (if any), in October at the motorshow (don't know which one).

Don't flame me on this one, I'm only quoting the dealer, but they have been right on everything in the past, so will trust them on this one aswell.

Hope this helps.

blubs
Old 26 June 2000, 11:29 AM
RobMac
Scooby Regular

The new car was due to be given it's World Premiere at the Birmingham Motor Show in October.

But the powers that be in Japan have decided that the car will now be seen in public for the first time at the Tokyo(I think) Motor Show 3 weeks earlier.

Until then ANY picture you see of the car is a FAKE!

Rob.
Old 26 June 2000, 11:44 AM
Impreza
Scooby Newbie

Look at this, i have pictures from the new Impreza!!! taken at the german circuit "The Nurburgring"

<A HREF=http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/imprezahome/my01>MY01</a>
Old 26 June 2000, 08:38 PM
^Gazzer^
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

I'm going to wait for the new STi coupe with 18" wheels, 6 pot breaks and 320 bhp. Should be a stonker.
Old 26 June 2000, 11:42 PM
Acker
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by ^Gazzer^:
<B>I'm going to wait for the new STi coupe with 18" wheels, 6 pot breaks and 320 bhp. Should be a stonker.[/quote]

You may have a long wait given that most of the articles I've read state there will not be a 2-door version available.

Old 27 June 2000, 04:59 AM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Thanks everyone for your comments. I looked at those pics from Nurburgring. Interesting indeed. It looks like i'll have to wait for now. If anyone hears anything else post it up ASAP. Im so eager to find out new info on the all-new impreza.

cheers all
Scrappydoo
Old 27 June 2000, 11:31 AM
Paul Wilson
Scooby Regular

IMHO the pics from the 'ring look like a current model shape with a bit of "disguising" It may be the new stuff underneath, but the shape looks like a MY00
Old 27 June 2000, 12:11 PM
Josh L
Scooby Regular

Scrappy'

I have already placed an order with my dealer for the new model, with the clear proviso that if is a stinker (unlikely methinks) then the order will be cancelled. The dealer was quite happy to do this as they haven't got anything to show prospective customers. Having said that, they're already generating a healthy list.

Impreza

I don't think there's anyone who hasn't seen the pix from the 'nurburgring'. Unfortunately it was too well disguised to get an acurate impression, so we'll all have to wait. Although I can understand IM's irritation at the new model being released whist they've still got MY00 stock to sell.

Josh

PS Nice to see you're still with us Pete, hope all's well!
Old 27 June 2000, 01:25 PM
Steven Breen
Scooby Regular

The only "picture" I know that claims to be anything like the real thing is the hand drawn sketch which is on my MY2001 page. It was sent to me by someone who has seen the car in development at the Japanese factory without any disguises. The information the same source sent me last September seems to be also panning out too.

Old 27 June 2000, 02:32 PM
Dazzler
Scooby Regular

I've been regularly scanning the web to find any pics of the fabled MY01.

A useful site to check out is
Old 27 June 2000, 03:35 PM
Triggaaar
Scooby Regular

Wink

Dazzler,

It is indeed a useful site to check out - it also belongs to Steven Breen, who wrote the post just before yours - doh! I'm sure he's flattered though.
Old 27 June 2000, 05:09 PM
bumcrack
Scooby Regular

Bumcrack here,

I got my info. from EVO mag too.
Will be getting a impreza turbo soon,but just think it would a waste to get the current model at the moment.
The price has been falling fast for 2nd hand impreza turbos and it's going to fall even faster when the new model comes out.
Can't really see from the pics. what the new model looks like.
Old 27 June 2000, 08:14 PM
RobMac
Scooby Regular

As I mentioned before...

All of the current crop of pictures doing the rounds are fake... BUT Steve Breen's website does seem to have the most accurate information on the car...

I have gotten a lot of information from someone who has DRIVEN the new car, including when the various versions are on sale, but I am not allowed to say anything...Sorry

The advantage of working in the car industry means I can be party to all sorts of information that is marketing sensitive, and so telling all could mean I am not told any more in the future. This will hopefully stop you all pestering me for info. I have NOT seen the car yet either and I am as desperate as you all.

Rob.
Old 28 June 2000, 04:09 AM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Talking

RobMac,
I don't mean to pester you,but i would like to ask one question.

Do you think they will mess the new model up? for example. Make it ugly.

I hope they don't change it to much.

And what about any bodykits.
Does anyone think if the car needs one, that a body from prodrive would be available?

Old 28 June 2000, 08:58 PM
Bright Kar
Scooby Regular

They could really mess it up and make it pretty

bkar