Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Should these bombers have any Human Rights?

Search this Thread

Old 28 July 2005, 06:59 AM
r32
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Should these bombers have any Human Rights?

When we catch these bombers should we accord them any human rights?
Seems like they dont let their victims have any human rights at all(small children, women innocent people) so should we be able to use all means available to interogate them?

The basic human right is the right of life. Seeing as they want to take that away from as many people as possible with as much pain and suffering as they can inflict why should any one give a toss about their rights? Seems like they forfeited the right to be a human...........
Old 28 July 2005, 07:20 AM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

No and not only that if these bombers are british citzens they should also be done for treason, which AFAIK still carrys the death penalty So shoot the bastids.
Cheers
Colin
Old 28 July 2005, 07:25 AM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scoob99
No and not only that if these bombers are british citzens they should also be done for treason, which AFAIK still carrys the death penalty So shoot the bastids.
Cheers
Colin
unfortunatly this type of action would place us in the same catagory as them, for right or wrong English cannot behave like the savages in question.

What we need is another Australia, where we can ship em and let them get on with it over there. No offence meant to Aussies...

I personally have NO problem with suicide bombings.

as long as they do it on thir own in the middle of a field
Old 28 July 2005, 07:28 AM
OzzyWRX
Scooby Regular

"What we need is another Australia, where we can ship em and let them get on with it over there. No offence meant to Aussies..."

What, so that in 60 - 100yrs time they can come back and beat us at cricket/soccer/tennis etc etc
Old 28 July 2005, 07:33 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

It would be a big mistake to descend to their level. They should have the same rights in law as any one else.

Once convicted they should be given the maximum penalty available, their actions cannot be justified in any way. I sometimes wonder whether a suicide bomber might prefer a death sentence rather than the rest of his life in gaol.

Les
Old 28 July 2005, 07:50 AM
Fast_Blue_Scooby
Scooby Regular

Why send them to jail at the taxpayers expense, there is no way the British people would want one penny spent on them.

Hang them, simple solution.
Old 28 July 2005, 08:12 AM
Diablo
Scooby Regular

No, they should not. Nor should anyone who chooses to deprive another of their basic human rights.

Can see a huge problem in the Blair household over dinner though..

Tony: "Great news Cherie, we got the b'stards".

Cherie: "Now make sure you treat them with kindness, Tony"

Talk about a conflict of interest, when the PM (lets get tough on crime) is married to one of the countries most ardent human rights lawyers...

Its so bad its laughable......
Old 28 July 2005, 08:15 AM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Hold on. Saying somebody should be afforded basic human rights ISN'T the same as being "nice" to them. It's about not blowing their heads off indiscriminately.

Now we might all WANT that to happen, but it's a slippery slope to advocate, in my opinion...
Old 28 July 2005, 08:19 AM
Diablo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TelBoy
Hold on. Saying somebody should be afforded basic human rights ISN'T the same as being "nice" to them. It's about not blowing their heads off indiscriminately.

Now we might all WANT that to happen, but it's a slippery slope to advocate, in my opinion...
You recon Tel?

Have you ever seen the demands of the human rights lawyers?

It is cringeworthy.
Old 28 July 2005, 08:20 AM
lightning101
Scooby Regular

Do it the old fashioned way:

The scales test. A suspected terrorist was weighed against a metal bound Bible on a huge set of scales. If the suspect weighed more than the Bible, he or she was free. The fault with this test was the fact that weights could be hidden inside the Bible, causing the suspect to weigh less.

Terrormarks. Unusual moles, birthmarks, or warts were thought to be the markings of a terrorist ; a place where a terrorist’s familiar of the devil himself would suckle to gain strength. If poked at with a pin, a terrormark would not bleed or cause pain. And we all know that if you carefully insert a pin under the skin or into a callus, it doesn’t bleed or cause pain.

The water test. Based on a pre-Christian belief that water was sacred, an accused terrorist would be bound left hand to right foot and right hand to left foot. If innocent, the suspect would sink and would survive from drowning if saved in time. If guilty, the water would reject them. Either way, you would be screwed because you could drown, or be found guilty and be hung.
Old 28 July 2005, 08:22 AM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Ah, different matter. I thought you were specifically referring to Cherie Blair, who as far as i'm aware isn't advocating anything like as soft-handed as those PC inbreds.
Old 28 July 2005, 08:44 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Until they have been found guilty in a court of law, yes they should follow the due process that every other person in this country has a right to. Unlikely as it may be, mistakes do happen and these people should have a fair trial so there is no come back. I have no issue with trying them for treason or with them being hanged if they are found guilty.
Old 28 July 2005, 09:10 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Scoob99
Cheers
Colin
"On 27 January 1999, the UK Home Secretary (The Labour MP Jack Straw) signed the 6th protocol of the European Convention of Human Rights in Strasbourg. This move formally abolishes the death penalty in the UK"

This was then ratified on the 20th May 1999.

"On 10th December 1999, International Human Rights Day, the UK Government ratified the other international treaty which bans the death penalty, the Second Optional Protocol to the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights"

Well done NL....

IMHO if proven guilty they deserve a fair trial and a fair hanging.

Last edited by SJ_Skyline; 28 July 2005 at 09:14 AM.
Old 28 July 2005, 09:25 AM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

It would be a big mistake to descend to their level. They should have the same rights in law as any one else.

Once convicted they should be given the maximum penalty available, their actions cannot be justified in any way. I sometimes wonder whether a suicide bomber might prefer a death sentence rather than the rest of his life in gaol.
So what happens with the bombers that failed last week? For the sake of a dodgy chemical mix they missed out on killing dozens of people.

What will they get under the same rights as us? 5 years jail if they are unlucky? Whatever it is these guys won't get life. I don't think that's right.

And to further add insult they'll prbably be kept in isolation for their own protection.
Old 28 July 2005, 09:33 AM
BlackadderII
Scooby Regular

I'm sorry but this country has "declared war" on terrorism and terroirism has declared war on this country therefore:

a) They should be treated as spies and dealt with accordingly as per the rules of war.

b) Be tried for treason

Simple

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=444847
Old 28 July 2005, 09:46 AM
Reality
BANNED

Death Penalty for terrorists sounds like a great Idea.

Presumably we can start with Gerry Adams, Martin McGuiness etc first - but presumably we'd have to kick them out of the NI Assembly first.

Todays terrorists quite often end up being tomorrows politicians - which is probably why politicians don't like the death penalty for terrorists !
Old 28 July 2005, 09:52 AM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

i would cut their heads aff
Old 28 July 2005, 11:13 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

KiwiGT,

I don't think any of us were referring to the bombers who died in their own blasts, bit difficult to charge them in court now!

Those who attempted to do the same thing last week were the ones we meant of course and what I said is exactly what I meant, don't really see why you quoted it in the first place. How does that differ so much with what you are saying?

Les
Old 28 July 2005, 12:27 PM
rossi_p
Scooby Regular

Where people have mentioned that we cannot sink to their levels I agree, but think of it this way:

If a 'regular' (define as you wish) citizen went on a killing spree (serial killers like Ted Bundy, Manson etc), that would result in them being on death row and eventually the death penalty.

If these people are not executed in the same way, surely that makes us racist in the persecution of 'regular' criminals by giving them harder sentences than terrorists who effectively do the same crime (taking life).
Old 28 July 2005, 12:33 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

OF course these terrorists have rights

they have the right to die, slowly painfully and full view of anyone who wants to watch..

unfortunatly treason no longer carries the dp..

piracy on the high seas, does though??

Mart
Old 28 July 2005, 12:36 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rossi_p
Where people have mentioned that we cannot sink to their levels I agree, but think of it this way:

If a 'regular' (define as you wish) citizen went on a killing spree (serial killers like Ted Bundy, Manson etc), that would result in them being on death row and eventually the death penalty.

If these people are not executed in the same way, surely that makes us racist in the persecution of 'regular' criminals by giving them harder sentences than terrorists who effectively do the same crime (taking life).

Ok lets clear somthing up...

we are not sinking to there level, we are not blowing up, terrorising or being public enemy number 1. we are removing a major threat to our saftey and well being, just as a pest controller extrminates vermin, we are doing the same, the only downside in my book is that we do it humainly....

M
Old 28 July 2005, 12:57 PM
rossi_p
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mart360
Ok lets clear somthing up...

we are not sinking to there level, we are not blowing up, terrorising or being public enemy number 1. we are removing a major threat to our saftey and well being, just as a pest controller extrminates vermin, we are doing the same, the only downside in my book is that we do it humainly....

M
Don't get me wrong, I was not saying we would be sinking to their level by execution. I was only saying I understand why some people might think like that (taking away human rights etc), and was trying to put forward an argument that would show we would not be coming down to their level if they were to be executed.

Personally, I would like to see them hung drawn and quartered and their head put on Tower Bridge as a warning to other spineless wannabe terrorists.
Old 28 July 2005, 01:15 PM
Squizz
Scooby Regular

Red face

Originally Posted by rossi_p
Personally, I would like to see them hung drawn and quartered and their head put on Tower Bridge as a warning to other spineless wannabe terrorists.
To a lesser extent, I agree...

This could be applied on many levels. The problem with this country is lack of respect for a decent deterrent. The police do actually do their job a good deal of the time, it's just the CPS or the idiots we have as magistrates that let most of the ******* back out on the streets.

The magistrates and CPS have their hands tied by the govt.

Govt. = People who don't live in the real world, like you or I and haven't a clue what it's like "out here".

Life should equal life. 20 years should actually mean 20 years. etc.

Oh, and whilst we're at it - Close the borders and use the opportunity to root out the massive criminal element that's moved in from...Oooooooh, just about every corner of the globe!

*sigh*

Squizz
(Planning to move to New Zealand)
Old 28 July 2005, 01:51 PM
AudiMan
Scooby Regular

Angry

After sentencing, put em' the "Scrubs" or another max security prison with specially coloured suits (reserved only for terrorists), let them exercise with the "general population" and see how long they last, 2 - 3 days maybe.

Last edited by AudiMan; 28 July 2005 at 03:25 PM. Reason: dodgy spelling.
Old 28 July 2005, 02:52 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The "Shrubs"?

Old 28 July 2005, 02:56 PM
paul-s
Scooby Regular

what happens if these suicide bombers inadvertantly blow up other muslims who happen to be on the train/bus, etc ?? Is this against their ideology ??