Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Hotel in Plymouth ?

Search this Thread

Old 23 July 2005, 09:54 PM
micared
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hotel in Plymouth ?

Anyone recommend an hotel in Plymouth with secure overnight parking?
Old 24 July 2005, 12:27 AM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by micared
Anyone recommend an hotel in Plymouth with secure overnight parking?
I'm a Plymothian so feel obligated to lift a finger -

http://www.hotels.uk.com/accommodati...n_Plymouth.htm
Old 24 July 2005, 12:31 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Copthorn - underground car park - locked at night. Although it is tight for space

Usually can get good rates too (managed to get £40 a night last time )
Old 24 July 2005, 12:35 AM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ALi-B
Copthorn - underground car park - locked at night. Although it is tight for space

Usually can get good rates too (managed to get £40 a night last time )
Nice grub as well. Not the place to go if you're after "character" and that kind of thing. Typical anonymous chain Hotel.

**** me I'm bored!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 24 July 2005, 12:40 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

yeah it is bland...Glorified Bathtub for a swimming pool too

But it was cheaper than the travelodge

Which hotel had the roof burnt off? Looked quite nice (except for the lack of roof )

Last edited by ALi-B; 24 July 2005 at 12:43 AM.
Old 24 July 2005, 09:57 AM
micared
Scooby Regular

Thanks for that....if I have to leave the Evo outside for a night is it likely to be a target there? Don't know much about Plymouth, and as I'm from Newcastle, I'm suspicious of everywhere as far as car theft's concerned!
Old 24 July 2005, 10:14 AM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by micared
Thanks for that....if I have to leave the Evo outside for a night is it likely to be a target there? Don't know much about Plymouth, and as I'm from Newcastle, I'm suspicious of everywhere as far as car theft's concerned!
If you are so worried about the car then avoid Plymouth city centre. Lets face it you're not going to sleep well if you are so worried, especially after the drive...Why not try the Moorland Links Hotel in Yelverton? It's about 25 mins max from Plymouth City centre. Peaceful little village, nice hotel (depends on your budget) and it's pretty much a straight line route to the city centre. If you really need to be in Plymouth though, just say and I'll think of somewhere. Hell if you're are that worried you can park it on my drive if you like! I live about 10 mins from the city centre.

Andy.
Old 24 July 2005, 11:22 AM
Nicks VR4
Scooby Regular

I can recommend
Boringdon Hall Hotel just outside Plymouth in Plympton

It out of the way and quite
Old 24 July 2005, 12:59 PM
micared
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by andrewdelvard
If you are so worried about the car then avoid Plymouth city centre. Lets face it you're not going to sleep well if you are so worried, especially after the drive...Why not try the Moorland Links Hotel in Yelverton? It's about 25 mins max from Plymouth City centre. Peaceful little village, nice hotel (depends on your budget) and it's pretty much a straight line route to the city centre. If you really need to be in Plymouth though, just say and I'll think of somewhere. Hell if you're are that worried you can park it on my drive if you like! I live about 10 mins from the city centre.

Andy.
Lol, cheers for that, should say that I'll only be driving over from Southampton, which is where I live now, so not the nightmare trip it must have seemed.
Thanks for the offer of the driveway, much appreciated, but I've no wish to inflict my own hang-ups about car security on anyone else if it can be avoided, and I'm sure it'll be O.K. for one night. The fact that no-one has poured out a list of horror stories about car theft in the area has taken away a degree of unease......however, I've never been there, and thought it might be prudent to ask the question.
Thanks for the replies.
Old 24 July 2005, 05:41 PM
farmer1
Scooby Regular

To be honest I wouldn't worry about car theft. Doesn't seem much of a problem in the city centre or non council suburbs.

There are a lot of easier to nick highly modded cars and my bike (Very desirable 125) is often left in town till the early hours.

Only place I would avoid leaving it is muti-storey car parks, but thats the same as any other city.

If you dont need to be in city centre then borington hall is very nice about 10 mins 5 mile drive from town.

If you are after just a standard hotel, copthorne or the moathose are quite respectable.

Would avoid the Novotel which is in the heart of city centre, as it is ontop of night clubs and uses the multi storey car park.
Old 24 July 2005, 05:50 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by farmer1
To be honest I wouldn't worry about car theft. Doesn't seem much of a problem in the city centre or non council suburbs.

There are a lot of easier to nick highly modded cars and my bike (Very desirable 125) is often left in town till the early hours.

Only place I would avoid leaving it is muti-storey car parks, but thats the same as any other city.

If you dont need to be in city centre then borington hall is very nice about 10 mins 5 mile drive from town.

If you are after just a standard hotel, copthorne or the moathose are quite respectable.

Would avoid the Novotel which is in the heart of city centre, as it is ontop of night clubs and uses the multi storey car park.
What he saiD
Old 24 July 2005, 05:52 PM
Edmondo
Scooby Regular

We stayed at the Burrator inn at Yelverton last weekend.....Nice Inn.......Parked Scoob at the front of the Car Park without any probs at all
Old 24 July 2005, 11:07 PM
micared
Scooby Regular

Thanks again for that, feel easier now....report back when I come out of the hotel and find nothing except the wheelspin marks in the spot I left it in, lol!