Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Petrol Prices

Search this Thread

Old 18 July 2005, 09:45 PM
6 pot
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Petrol Prices

Ok I think the time has come for a revolution.

Filled up at my local BP station this evening, WTF is going on with petrol at the moment??

BP Ultimate 96.9p per litre

Just curious what prices other people are having to pay elswhere in the country, if it continues at this rate by Friday it will have hit £1.00 a litre.

98 ron **** methane, thats what we need, but then if that worked the government would end up adding a s*it tax.

Rant Rant Rant Rant
Old 18 July 2005, 09:51 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buy a Diesel Skoda Octavia - you get about 60mpg.

If you feel that strongly about it you will sell the Scoobie. if you actually don't care and would rather still pay what they ask, then stop moaning and continue paying

Pete
Old 18 July 2005, 09:51 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Prices are getting f***ing rediculous. I tanked up tonite with Optimax in Darlington, paying 92.9p, which aquates to £31.50 for 126miles. It can't go on like this. The government won't do sh*te all, cos their raking the money in.
I rally wish we had the blockages again, just to try to get the government to do something. Later on this year it's planned to have a 2p tax rise on petrol??????????????????????

I hate the French, but they would not stand for this. Lets be more French. I'd willingly go without petrol for a week or so, if it brought the prices back down.

This Government is just laughing at us. The MP's don't care cos they are all on good wages. They can afford it, or put it in as expences.
Old 18 July 2005, 09:53 PM
ROSSCNEW
Scooby Regular

ULTIMATE DIESEL IS 99.9 IN CARLUKE
Old 18 July 2005, 09:54 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

PSlewis.

It's silly to say stop moaning. We should moan, we should do something. Saying nothing tell all these MP's that we don't mind. We do. I'll never sell a car just cos of petrol prices, but that doesn't mean I want to be paying soo much for the privilage of driving a nice car.

IMO that was a stupid comment you made. Are you really not bothered how much you pay for petrol???? You and you alone then.
Old 18 July 2005, 09:56 PM
willfal
Scooby Regular

96.9 for 95 ron
99.9 for 97 ron

thats in thurso, very north of scotland.

Will
Old 18 July 2005, 10:00 PM
6 pot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
Buy a Diesel Skoda Octavia - you get about 60mpg.

If you feel that strongly about it you will sell the Scoobie. if you actually don't care and would rather still pay what they ask, then stop moaning and continue paying

Pete
Pete,

Its not that I can't afford it, I simply object to paying it, its just tax! tax! tax!
business rates, council tax, airport fuel tax, car tax, stealth tax, pi55 & wind tax blah blah blah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, as I said its time for a revolution, if everybody decided to park up on the motorways for a couple of days I feel a camping trip coming on) blockade the ports, then maybee just maybee the ar5eholes that run the country might just give us motorists a sympathetic ear.
Old 18 July 2005, 10:08 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover
PSlewis.

It's silly to say stop moaning. We should moan, we should do something. Saying nothing tell all these MP's that we don't mind. We do. I'll never sell a car just cos of petrol prices, but that doesn't mean I want to be paying soo much for the privilage of driving a nice car.

IMO that was a stupid comment you made. Are you really not bothered how much you pay for petrol???? You and you alone then.
We all have choices in life, we make them all the time - when to cross the road, where to cross the road .... get it wrong and you may die!!

If petrol is £1 a litre we might not like it, we may cry and post on BBS sites like Scoobynet ................... but, most of us will pay it!! End of .....

If petrol was £10 a litre we will probably would be looking at a more economical car to run - OR we pay it and drive less miles in the Scooby.

If petrol was 50p a litre we would be buying loads and driving miles more, just for fun ......... thats great but it isn't going to happen!!

The world is demanding more oil than is being pumped out of the ground, so the price goes up .....................

Its the way of the world

Pete
Old 18 July 2005, 10:09 PM
HOWY
Scooby Regular

Isn't it strange how everyone hates paying tax yet they are happy to use the services etc that tax pays for e.g the NHS

Anyway increasing the price of petrol might be the way to reduce the number of cars on the road so it will be like the old days when only the wealthy could afford cars then us rich gas guzzling scooby owners will have quieter roads to drive on and as there will be less cars they won't make as much money from the cameras so they will dissapear along with speed bumps

Originally Posted by 6 pot
Pete,

Its not that I can't afford it, I simply object to paying it, its just tax! tax! tax!
business rates, council tax, airport fuel tax, car tax, stealth tax, pi55 & wind tax blah blah blah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, as I said its time for a revolution, if everybody decided to park up on the motorways for a couple of days I feel a camping trip coming on) blockade the ports, then maybee just maybee the ar5eholes that run the country might just give us motorists a sympathetic ear.
Old 18 July 2005, 10:14 PM
ClassicBlueMica
Scooby Regular

PSLewis = DOG****

you are everywhere, cant you just read a post without pissing bile all over it?

you are spoiling a good site man
Old 18 July 2005, 10:21 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Indeed, if petrol was £10 a litre I would still drive around whenever I like - more so maybe ( empty roads do appeal somewhat!! ).

The rich will still drive and the Chavs will be nicking our petrol NOT our cars anymore!!

I lived through the years where petrol theft out of you car was a REAL issue!!

Pete
Old 18 July 2005, 10:22 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ClassicBlueMica
PSLewis = DOG****

you are everywhere, cant you just read a post without pissing bile all over it?

you are spoiling a good site man
25 posts???

Come back when you know what you're talking about little boy!!

Pete
Old 18 July 2005, 10:27 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

We can look forward to EVEN higher petrol prices next month when Labour's petrol tax increase comes in
Old 18 July 2005, 10:29 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Petem95
We can look forward to EVEN higher petrol prices next month when Labour's petrol tax increase comes in
They have postponed them yet again ..............

You really need to keep your eye on the ball if you're going to state mis-facts!

Pete
Old 18 July 2005, 11:22 PM
6 pot
Scooby Regular

They have postponed them yet again ..............

You really need to keep your eye on the ball if you're going to state mis-facts!

Pete
Ah,

But Pete crude is still rising!
Old 18 July 2005, 11:26 PM
BedHog
Scooby Regular

Filled up in Cannock this morning - optimax @ 93.9p.

Sounds like a good deal compared to the rest of you
Old 18 July 2005, 11:29 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

We all have choices in life, we make them all the time - when to cross the road, where to cross the road .... get it wrong and you may die!!

If petrol is £1 a litre we might not like it, we may cry and post on BBS sites like Scoobynet ................... but, most of us will pay it!! End of .....

If petrol was £10 a litre we will probably would be looking at a more economical car to run - OR we pay it and drive less miles in the Scooby.

If petrol was 50p a litre we would be buying loads and driving miles more, just for fun ......... thats great but it isn't going to happen!!

The world is demanding more oil than is being pumped out of the ground, so the price goes up .....................

Its the way of the world

Pete
Yes, it is the way of the world. The Chinese economy is thriving, they are consuming more & more oil. But that is not why we, Britain, pay so much. It's goverment taxing the fuel we use. Can't quite remember the figure, but it's something like 80% tax on fuel. Just imagine if the Government reduced that to say 50% ????? How much better off would we be. Then it would be our choice then if we decided to drive more miles than we do now adding to our fuel bills, just for the shear hell of enjoying driving, which it seams we're not allowed to do these days. I'm sure most people on here would probably end up paying the same as they do now, but getting a lot more miles and enjoyment out of it.
Frankly your comments illustrate that you are an overpayed ****, with more money than sense. You'd better hope they don't start taxing stupidity, cos you'll be right in the **** then !!!!!!!
Old 18 July 2005, 11:34 PM
Neils wrx
Scooby Regular

Paid 86.9 for Sainsburys Super Unleaded in Didcot on Saturday.
Old 18 July 2005, 11:43 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Frankly your comments illustrate that you are an overpayed ****, with more money than sense. You'd better hope they don't start taxing stupidity, cos you'll be right in the **** then !!!!!!!

I am an overpaid **** because I am NOT stupid!!

You, on the other hand, cannot grasp the concept of taxing to run a country as well as it is being run.

The money needs to come from somewhere, and I can think of no more popular way to raise that money than to get it off those who choose to pollute our environment more than others!! Its a popular tactic!

If the money wasn't coming in from petrol receipts it would need to be raised from such things as increasing Car Tax, making VAT 20% or something.

I feel a little satisfaction that a dear old ladies hip replacement operation is paid for by someone who wants to race around the streets burning fuel at a rate of knots

I smile when we buy another laptop to teach our children about the environment, paid for by some kiddie who has modified his car so much that its about to blow up and supply even MORE VAT!!

Spend your money however you wish, its a free country - but don't start bleeting and crying and blubbing because you have made the wrong spending choice!!

Pete
Old 18 July 2005, 11:45 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Neils wrx
Paid 86.9 for Sainsburys Super Unleaded in Didcot on Saturday.
Thats what I pop in mine ................................. its damned good stuff!!

If others want to chase some make believe enhancement from Optimax or Ultimate then its their money ....

Pete
Old 19 July 2005, 09:54 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

I am an overpaid **** because I am NOT stupid!!

You, on the other hand, cannot grasp the concept of taxing to run a country as well as it is being run.

Pete
I never infered you were stupid in that way, ie, being thick. I infered that your comments regarding that we should just accept any fuel increase, as a stupid comment.

As for me bleeting on about my spending choice. I said I'd never sell a car just cos the price of petrol. I chose the car knowing it was thirsty, but that doesn't mean I should not care about the price of petrol.

As for saying that we should shut up cos a little old lady can have a hip operation thank's to our driving. Half right, but what if we didn't spend Billions of pounds fighting a stupid war that no one wanted, just so America can get it's greedy hands on the Trilion Dollar oil pipe lines. Just think of the number of little old ladies that could have a hip operation then. How much is the Olympics going to cost? Billions. The government say we all want it? Do we? every one I've spoken to say it's a waste of money. The government say's it will be good for the economy? Yes to businesses in and around London. How much of Tax payers money was wasted on that stupid Dome? £900 Million pounds, that's how much. Now take the money from the Dome, the war, and the planned expense of the Olympics, and the government would have loads of money in it's coffers, that they could then pass on to it's citizens. We would all benefit then.
This government waste a vast amount of money, and there only way out of the overspending is to tax the motorist, then say it's because of Global warming. Another lie to those that are not stupid, and your not stupid are you PSlewis??
Old 19 July 2005, 10:01 AM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

Some scarey prices on here........

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthrea...5&page=1&pp=20
Old 19 July 2005, 10:10 AM
Crapaud62
Scooby Regular

I think the "choice" element is interesting here.

Out of the total mileage you do, how much is essential mileage i.e to get to work etc and how much is choice/pleasure? I suspect that the vast majority is non-choice. People are not sitting in traffic jams burning up fuel just for the hell of it. This is what I object to about high fuel taxes as it is hitting people without a real choice to avoid it.
Old 19 July 2005, 10:38 PM
6 pot
Scooby Regular

I never infered you were stupid in that way, ie, being thick. I infered that your comments regarding that we should just accept any fuel increase, as a stupid comment.

As for me bleeting on about my spending choice. I said I'd never sell a car just cos the price of petrol. I chose the car knowing it was thirsty, but that doesn't mean I should not care about the price of petrol.

As for saying that we should shut up cos a little old lady can have a hip operation thank's to our driving. Half right, but what if we didn't spend Billions of pounds fighting a stupid war that no one wanted, just so America can get it's greedy hands on the Trilion Dollar oil pipe lines. Just think of the number of little old ladies that could have a hip operation then. How much is the Olympics going to cost? Billions. The government say we all want it? Do we? every one I've spoken to say it's a waste of money. The government say's it will be good for the economy? Yes to businesses in and around London. How much of Tax payers money was wasted on that stupid Dome? £900 Million pounds, that's how much. Now take the money from the Dome, the war, and the planned expense of the Olympics, and the government would have loads of money in it's coffers, that they could then pass on to it's citizens. We would all benefit then.
This government waste a vast amount of money, and there only way out of the overspending is to tax the motorist, then say it's because of Global warming. Another lie to those that are not stupid, and your not stupid are you PSlewis??
That is an absolute cracker