Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Who thinks the world would be a better place if evryone took a chill pill?

Search this Thread

Old 13 July 2005, 05:19 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who thinks the world would be a better place if evryone took a chill pill?

Reading some of the rubbish recently posted in here makes me laugh.

I have a large social circle that includes many different colours and religions, and yes we do take the pi$$ out of each other, take it on the chin and have a dig back, its ONLY A JOKE

Also i work for one of the largest companies in the country, again comprised of every different background you could imagine. If you found "racist" jokes offensive you wouldnt last long.

There is a muslim guy that works in our building, and recently there where a few comments like "cor i wouldnt fancy geting on a bus with you" etc. The guy was mature (and dare i say it English) enough to be able to laugh at it and give back as good as he got. (The chap in question is a very popular and liked member of the team because of this)

There are a range of things i hear from blacks/asians/Northener's that i hear day in day out, that i could take offence at, but i choose not to and get on with my life.

Extremism and wishing death and suffering on those that commit such henious crimes such as drinking and sodding about, is not chilled out and is not very cool.

People need to learn to laugh at themselves sometimes, because we all are pretty wierd in our own little ways.

Just my 2p worth

Cookie

P.S Sorry in advance if this thread had upset any uptight people.
Old 13 July 2005, 05:24 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by cookstar
Reading some of the rubbish recently posted in here makes me laugh.

I have a large social circle that includes many different colours and religions, and yes we do take the pi$$ out of each other, take it on the chin and have a dig back, its ONLY A JOKE

Also i work for one of the largest companies in the country, again comprised of every different background you could imagine. If you found "racist" jokes offensive you wouldnt last long.

There is a muslim guy that works in our building, and recently there where a few comments like "cor i wouldnt fancy geting on a bus with you" etc. The guy was mature (and dare i say it English) enough to be able to laugh at it and give back as good as he got. (The chap in question is a very popular and liked member of the team because of this)

There are a range of things i hear from blacks/asians/Northener's that i hear day in day out, that i could take offence at, but i choose not to and get on with my life.

Extremism and wishing death and suffering on those that commit such henious crimes such as drinking and sodding about, is not chilled out and is not very cool.

People need to learn to laugh at themselves sometimes, because we all are pretty wierd in our own little ways.

Just my 2p worth

Cookie

P.S Sorry in advance if this thread had upset any uptight people.

it wasnt killing anyone for drinking or sodding about, it was deeper if u understood

sodding about ******** other peoples daughters and woman and mothers for fun and a piece of meat and action and no feeling ,**** and throw over sport, no i dont think so, drink and rape and commit incest or beat someone up or your wife i dont think so, one leads to the other and i do know many dont do that

this was a part of what i meant

and if muslims integrate to that they deserve death thats what i said

but i will leave it to save argument
Old 13 July 2005, 05:28 PM
Billgtt
Scooby Regular

http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums...0002/chill.jpg
Old 13 July 2005, 05:31 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

sorry mate i dont remember mentioning you!!

When i said sodding about, which is something i do on a regular basis, it includes going out with friends drinking having a laugh and yes casual sex has been known (hetrosexually of course ). Rape incest and whatever else you mentioned is not included in my fun nights out.

Tis a bit worrying that they spring to you mind so quickly though

I dont hink that anyone that chooses to enjoy themselves,in accordance or not to their religion, deserves death.

One thing to bear in mind is that i assume most muslims are born to their faith, as many grow up in the Western world they may realise that its not for them. Fair enough in my eyes, do they deserve death for that too?? I think not.
Old 13 July 2005, 05:32 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

That didnt work mate.
Old 13 July 2005, 06:16 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

"cor i wouldnt fancy geting on a bus with you"
Yep, we have a guy in the workshop, due to his appearance was concerned about the looks he was going to get - getting the bus home with his rucksack. Subject to a bit of banter and gave as good as he got. The guy is a bit of a 'geezer' to talk to and quite the fanny magnet when out on the ****.

I have never felt the need to behead him

Just relax
Old 13 July 2005, 06:31 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jay m A
Yep, we have a guy in the workshop, due to his appearance was concerned about the looks he was going to get - getting the bus home with his rucksack. Subject to a bit of banter and gave as good as he got. The guy is a bit of a 'geezer' to talk to and quite the fanny magnet when out on the ****.

I have never felt the need to behead him

Just relax

not quite sure who your aiming that at mate, but its pretty much what i said in my first post.

Cookie

P.S PM me if you want any "chill pills" they retail at £5 each or 5 for a score
Old 13 July 2005, 07:27 PM
paul-s
Scooby Regular

P.S PM me if you want any "chill pills" they retail at £5 each or 5 for a score
shoultn't this bit be on the 'mitsubishi' forum
Old 13 July 2005, 07:51 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by paul-s
shoultn't this bit be on the 'mitsubishi' forum
very good mate.

Old 13 July 2005, 09:28 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

[/b]

not quite sure who your aiming that at mate, but its pretty much what i said in my first post.

Cookie

Basically I've read all the threads on here today, and agree and echo your thoughts.

Sod the mitsi's, I'll take the dove from above
Old 13 July 2005, 10:35 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think singling out a Muslim at work for such crass comments is pointless and devisive, yes we all need to get along and a certain ammount of humour is neccessary but that comment could and probably would be upsetting to anybody its directed at, especially so soon after as I would imagine most Muslims are as appalled as anybody else about what happened, dont think the bombers gave much thought to who was on the trains and buses, if you were Muslim you would be fecked as well.

Islam has a separate set of rules about drinking, sex and eating meat, gross simplification but they are the ones that cause most debate but thats their way, we have ours, if thats what works for them, respect to them but I am not a beleiver in that particular code, I dont have a religion and think its all nonesense but I expect any other person to respect my way of life if it in no way affects them, I am entitled to my opinion as they are entitled to theirs, "I beg to differ".

Moses, do you really think we all **** about, with our relations or commit rape, er dont think so it happens in ALL communities, there are statistics to back this up and perhaps they do deserve what they get, aggree that the drinking think is a problem but we enjoy it, we get all the beer which is good and then we die from it, and we probably deserve it.

Funny thing is, even though I know you dont drink, you do sound as though you have been drinking a lot of the time.
Old 13 July 2005, 10:36 PM
Aaron C. Reskew
Scooby Regular

Location: I made Miss Ugly M Lardarse my Princess and we're having a baby!

What kind of pill is it?
Old 13 July 2005, 10:37 PM
AndyP2005
BANNED

blue
Old 13 July 2005, 10:38 PM
Aaron C. Reskew
Scooby Regular

Location: I made Miss Ugly M Lardarse my Princess and we're having a baby!

I'll have 2 please
Old 13 July 2005, 10:42 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah me to, better chance of survival than some trips we may care to make.
Old 14 July 2005, 01:48 AM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
I think singling out a Muslim at work for such crass comments is pointless and devisive, yes we all need to get along and a certain ammount of humour is neccessary but that comment could and probably would be upsetting to anybody its directed at, especially so soon after as I would imagine most Muslims are as appalled as anybody else about what happened, dont think the bombers gave much thought to who was on the trains and buses, if you were Muslim you would be fecked as well.

Islam has a separate set of rules about drinking, sex and eating meat, gross simplification but they are the ones that cause most debate but thats their way, we have ours, if thats what works for them, respect to them but I am not a beleiver in that particular code, I dont have a religion and think its all nonesense but I expect any other person to respect my way of life if it in no way affects them, I am entitled to my opinion as they are entitled to theirs, "I beg to differ".

Moses, do you really think we all **** about, with our relations or commit rape, er dont think so it happens in ALL communities, there are statistics to back this up and perhaps they do deserve what they get, aggree that the drinking think is a problem but we enjoy it, we get all the beer which is good and then we die from it, and we probably deserve it.

Funny thing is, even though I know you dont drink, you do sound as though you have been drinking a lot of the time.
Read the post mate, i said everybody gets it, that bugger is as quick as you like at dishing it out, thats why people like him

People are far to quick to jump on the defensive for poor little muslims, bloody hell hes a grown man and can stand up for himself. If he didnt like it he wouldt laugh, he wouldnt tip half a pound of salt in your tea when your not looking, he wouldnt get his round in down the pub let alone drink with us.
Old 14 July 2005, 01:49 AM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jay m A
Basically I've read all the threads on here today, and agree and echo your thoughts.

Sod the mitsi's, I'll take the dove from above
Better off with one of each, just to be sure...
Old 14 July 2005, 08:31 AM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

Read the post mate, i said everybody gets it, that bugger is as quick as you like at dishing it out, thats why people like him

People are far to quick to jump on the defensive for poor little muslims, bloody hell hes a grown man and can stand up for himself. If he didnt like it he wouldt laugh, he wouldnt tip half a pound of salt in your tea when your not looking, he wouldnt get his round in down the pub let alone drink with us.
Better not let moses meet him he'll have him put to death for such heresy.
Old 14 July 2005, 11:17 AM
Angry
Scooby Regular

I think this place would be better if people gathered informed opinions on subjects instead of posting up boarish posturing media led BS.

Alot of macho chest puffing goes on around here... People cant get over the fact they might be wrong about something and put their backs up, rather than looking at a subject from both sides.

Last edited by Angry; 14 July 2005 at 11:22 AM.