Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Views on 'O2 Online' contracts

Search this Thread

Old 06 July 2005, 04:42 PM
cheddar bob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Views on 'O2 Online' contracts

Anyone had any experiences with them or used them recently. I remember about a year or so ago heard bad things with the customer support etc but wondering what it's like now?

Thinking of changing as my current contract is crap (comparing the tariff I'm on) plus the K750i I wanted on upgrade isn't available for 3 weeks at least then it'll be about £60-£70

O2 Online offer the K750i now for £49.99 with a free bluetooth headset (worth another £49.99).

Old 06 July 2005, 04:42 PM
TheBigMan
Scooby Regular

Better now. Website is utterly temperamental but yeah, s'ok.
Old 06 July 2005, 04:57 PM
Freak
Scooby Regular

I got orange to match an o2 online tariff....so cant complain.
No experience of their service though
Old 06 July 2005, 05:12 PM
Stueyb
Scooby Regular

ABSOLUTE DOG SH1TE. Seriously even though I tried my hardest to contact em, even registered letter re: legal procedings initiated even though i wasnt behind or anything. Put it this way, I broke three phones in pure rage at the stupidity and incompetence of these people.

Did you also know if ur phone breaks/screws up NO ONE in 02, except o2 online at 50p a minute will help. Everything is 09 numbers, even the legal dept !

Even the 02 shops wont help you. I got sent two phones by mistake and I incured costs by trying to hand it in at an 02 shop and they wouldnt take it. 02 online only. 3 MONTHS later, I get a snotty letter asking for the phone back. By this time I had given it away. It ended up with me getting a solicitor to write a letter.

Avoid like the plague, unless you like being squeezed for every single penny by grasping morons that pretend to know what they are doing.
Old 06 July 2005, 05:25 PM
Zuby
Scooby Regular

wot u need to do is check the signal in ur area. ask around some of ur mates wots reception like. cos at work i used to have orange and would end up with 15ish text messages of missed calls. im on 02 now and i the customer serivces ****.
Old 06 July 2005, 06:04 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

As StueyB says, they are a bunch of utter *****.

I moved bank accounts during my contract, my new bank informed O2 in writing twice of the new DD details. I have proof of this, and for all the other DD's that were moved at the same time.

O2 ignored both letters, so i called their 50p/min 'helpline' to change the DD details myself. They didn't.

Then i got a couple of shirty 'you haven't paid your bill' emails so I decided to call the 50p/min line again to cancel the contract (due to abysmal customer service) - I was polite and told them i was quite happy to pay the early cancellation penalty to buy myself out of contract at a cost of around £90.

No problem they said, we'll send you a bill in the post which you can pay by cheque or over the phone by visa card. Nothing heard after 1 month so I call the 50p/min line agan, no problem sir - we'll send the bill out today.

Nothing heard for another 8 months until a letter lands on the doormat from a bailiffs agency threatening court/beatings etc.

I call the bailiffs agency and (due to excellent customer service) I immediately paid the original outstanding amount to them over the phone. This was all I'd wanted to do with O2 in the first place. I then had a nice chat with the woman and explained the circumstances. She told me thay'd had 'quite a few with very similar storys about O2', i guess the agency were happy as O2 was paying them a decent rate to recover money that O2 were too inept to collect themselves.

I guess they're ok as long as you don't want to change a single detail about your life once the contract is in place (e.g. moving hous, banks etc.), or ever cancel the contract.

Personally I'd stay well away, no way would i touch them again.
Old 06 July 2005, 06:43 PM
john_s
Scooby Regular

I've been with them for a couple of years, and never had to contact their customer services.

Had an email off them the other day... they've moved to a national rate number now

John.
Old 06 July 2005, 06:47 PM
cheddar bob
Scooby Regular

Arrow

Ok I guess I'll avoid them

I'm on already on O2 but still with Singlepoint who are now Vodafone only (even though they still honour original customers on other networks). Will go to a O2 store and see what the score is with tariffs there.

Thanks for saving me the hassle of going with O2 online anyway, sounds like some really bad experiences
Old 06 July 2005, 07:32 PM
mannyo
Scooby Regular

Been with o2 online for sometime now, never had any problems when I have needed to contact customer services. I used to be on orange and when I cancelled the contract having been with them for 2 years they continued to bill me for another 3 months despite endless calls to customer services and to this day they still owe me £20. The o2 online contract was a good deal at the time as the one I am on includes several MB of GPRS data per month whereas orange wanted £4 per MB.
Old 06 July 2005, 09:08 PM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

I've been with O2 Online for over 3 years now, no significant problems to moan about and I can't better the tariff I am on since I went to them from the useless Orange.
Old 06 July 2005, 09:22 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Used to be with them but changed 'cause at the time they couldn't match three pay.

My wife has an o2 account and rang to cancell her contract, but they not only matched a new tariff she had seen but smashed it, they have given her 500 mins and 500 texts for £10 a month .

Viewing your online account can be a bit tempremental at times.

Did find o2 online was best for deals involving lots of texts, with contracts with 500-750 texts a month
Old 06 July 2005, 09:56 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

www.e2save.com are doing the SE K750i for free on the new Virgin mobile 200 and 100 contract (200 or 100 minutes per month any time any network with one month roll over for unused minutes, free voice mail). £1.99 line rental for 11 months on an 18 month contract. Then £30 per month for the remainder of the contract. After the contract length it goes down to £24/month. That makes it just about the cheapest/best value contract at the moment. That how I got my SE K750i, this phone is excellent.

http://www.e2save.com/mobile/phones/...c5063602c00fc5