iraq latest

Search this Thread

Old 06 July 2005, 10:24 AM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iraq latest

its never gonna end, i feel so sorry for the civilians their stuck in the middle of the usa and zarqawi

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exer...EC46864543.htm
Old 06 July 2005, 10:55 AM
RedFive
Scooby Regular

In the days of CWE, this would have been a 2-pager by now.

Not going to end anytime soon, I'm afraid. In a few years time, Iraq will make Vietnam look like a picnic.

Oh, and it's a mistake to think it's all down to "Al Zarqawi". In fact, there are reasons to believe the guy never really existed or played the role he supposedly played in all this. Anyway, he's believed to be "dead" now isn't he ?

It will probably end in a civil war in the end. Sunni/Shiites/Kurds, I don't see them ending up in an Umma any time soon.
Old 06 July 2005, 10:57 AM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

Today, 10:55
RedFive
Scooby Regular

Surely the most conservative poster ever, averaging less than 1 post per month. Considering you've posted quite a few in the last few days I have to ask...

Have you been in prison for 4 years?

Old 06 July 2005, 11:04 AM
RedFive
Scooby Regular

For 8 years actually, but they took away my internet connection a few years ago
Old 06 July 2005, 11:22 AM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by RedFive
In the days of CWE, this would have been a 2-pager by now.

Not going to end anytime soon, I'm afraid. In a few years time, Iraq will make Vietnam look like a picnic.

Oh, and it's a mistake to think it's all down to "Al Zarqawi". In fact, there are reasons to believe the guy never really existed or played the role he supposedly played in all this. Anyway, he's believed to be "dead" now isn't he ?

It will probably end in a civil war in the end. Sunni/Shiites/Kurds, I don't see them ending up in an Umma any time soon.

well said bud, dont look its gonna be a happy ending and lol @ cwe i agree it would have been

it aint just zarqawi its the ex iraqi army that the americans sacked taking revenge as well now , it was on the news last week they the americans were trying to negotiate with them
Old 06 July 2005, 11:33 AM
Zuby
Scooby Regular

truth is wots really happening out there, nobody knows.

wot we do kno is that there have been many innocent casulties, and its a long road before any1 can jus walk away.

oh by the way moses (this is s4fff jr.)
Old 06 July 2005, 11:44 AM
RedFive
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by moses
its the ex iraqi army that the americans sacked taking revenge as well now , it was on the news last week they the americans were trying to negotiate with them
I'm very critical about the news these days to be honest. It is very hard to know what is really happening. The insurgents have denied the negotiations BTW, stating is was just an attempt by the US government to divide them.

Combining news sources, a big part of the "insurgents" probably are ex-Saddam guys, both in the military as in the administration/upper & middle class.

But there is more I think. Whether they come from Syria or not, or from Afghanistan or Pakistan, there are quite a few people there taking advantage of the total chaos. A chaos that is the responsibility of the occupying forces IMHO. Forces that are "lucky" to have a guy like Al Sistani calming down things on his end.

I don't think the Sunni's will ever accept a government "put in place" by the US BTW.
Old 06 July 2005, 11:48 AM
Zuby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RedFive
I don't think the Sunni's will ever accept a government "put in place" by the US BTW.
100% agree
Old 06 July 2005, 12:53 PM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

Comparing it to Vietnam..... I dunno. Americans lost tens of thoussands killed and hundreds of thousands wounded. That's just the Yanks. I could google for 'stats' for civilian and/or North Vietnamese casualties but that would be ghoulish...

Compared to that, this is a milkrun. They're not facing a state/country with big, powerful friends.

I echo previous comments regarding the poor b*ggers who live in the middle of it...

J.
Old 06 July 2005, 01:02 PM
RedFive
Scooby Regular

I agree the scale is very different. Still, that war lasted 18 years.
Old 06 July 2005, 01:26 PM
turboman786
Scooby Regular

Blimey.....a lot of sensible replies above.....I avoid these posts these days as they make depressing reading (propoganda regurgitated)...but the above shows that not all folk take everything at face value...
Old 06 July 2005, 03:13 PM
RedFive
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by turboman786
Blimey.....a lot of sensible replies above.....I avoid these posts these days as they make depressing reading (propoganda regurgitated)...but the above shows that not all folk take everything at face value...

Well, even without the usual trolling it's still a depressing read really. Or maybe people finally understood that this ain't a football game, and real people are being killed out there every day ?

At the moment, the best we can hope for is that "it" doesn't spread to Syria and/or Iran.
Old 06 July 2005, 03:22 PM
Zuby
Scooby Regular

i have a bad feeling bro that its gonna spread to iran next. and thing is its gonna be same as b4, too many casulties and no result....

a bit off the topic, but which scooby u driving mr. 786???