Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Someone's dinted my car.....

Search this Thread

Old 14 June 2005, 07:10 PM
Franx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Someone's dinted my car.....

Just noticed when I got back home just then, a smallish dent on the back driver's side wing, kind of mixed with white paint... It must have happened outside work where I normally park, as it certainly wasn't there this morning, and the car's not been anywhere else....

Not quite sure what to do about it tbh - I think it'll be on CCTV in fact, as I park just under the camera - only by chance in fact, but I may be able to pick out the **** that did it That said, I've no idea what I'd do when I do find out.... Get it repaired I suppose, but where and out of whos pocket, I've no idea.

Any ideas?
Old 14 June 2005, 09:18 PM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

Gutted for you.

Forget the police, certainly initially, they're fecking useless and won't be interested unless the guy was speeding as he drove off. You might need them later for a crime number so don't tell them I said that

If you have caught the details of the other car on cctv phone your insurers, make the claim and tell them that you have evidence of who did it. They will chase it harder than the police will as its their money involved.

Good luck
Old 14 June 2005, 10:13 PM
CLSII
Scooby Regular

Same thing happened to me just before Christmas. And I can't say I was too happy about it. Posted on this board and some halfwit, and regular contributor to this board suprisingly, had a go at me for being too precious about things.

Personally I feel for you as it is absolutely infuriating when this kind of thing happens.

Mine was a happy ending as with a bit of detective work I located the car in the company car park that had pranged mine.....still had my paint on it and ended up with full payment to replace the bumper. CCTV was useless.

So don't give up! Take a walk around the car park next chance you get. The lady who drove into my car said she hadn't noticed 8(
Old 14 June 2005, 11:37 PM
Franx
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

The place where I park is not so much of a car park, as a smallish road, which leads down to a few businesses, one of which is where I work. Assuming it happened there, which I am almost certain, it's just a matter of pinning down who dunnit, and going from there...

Really pissed me off, as I've only had the car about 2 weeks, and it's in good nick apart from that It's only a small dent - about 1-2 inches, but the scrape goes deepish, and I'd need to get it sorted soon to stop the rust taking hold.

@rse.

Old 15 June 2005, 08:43 AM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

clean off any surface rust now and slap some vaseline over the 'wound' until you get the claim sorted. That should stop any water getting to it.