Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Mobile Cameras

Search this Thread

Old 16 May 2005, 08:22 PM
virgin
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mobile Cameras

can they park on the grass verge and slighty on a public foot path parcially creating a blind spot onto a left hand slip road entering a dual carrage way and partially blocking the view of some road signage ?

because if they can and still nick me, im gonna give up my high powered status within my industry and purchase a shot gun and take out the police staion terminator style

any views welcome, (apart from live with it mate)

thanks for letting me dump my frustrations (:
Old 16 May 2005, 09:42 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

It is illegal to block the public footpath, and I've read a few stories on here where people have parked up and approached the vans in similar situations and they seem to always clear off. Take a piccy for future reference if you think they may have got you, it might be useful in court. Might
Old 16 May 2005, 10:56 PM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

They do park illegally, but it wont stop them trying to convict on the evidence they gather. Some scammers will move on if you take photos of them. But beware, if you get in between the laser and the traffic, they have been known to radio for another plod to come and warn/ charge you that you are obstructing an officer in his duty
Old 16 May 2005, 11:01 PM
virgin
Scooby Regular

i took some digi photos but he had gone when i got back
Old 16 May 2005, 11:53 PM
BROOKS1E
Scooby Regular

Virgin .......was this in bedfordshire ? if so where bouts ?
Old 17 May 2005, 01:06 AM
wazza2770
Scooby Regular

You are all wasting your time. police camera vans can park up anywhere, except where it would be a danger. It is just one of those things they are permitted to park on grass verges and pavements Its in the public interest to be able to park where they can catch the residavists.
Many people moan about the locations where they set up but it falls on deaf ears.
Old 17 May 2005, 12:39 PM
stuartjw
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wazza2770
You are all wasting your time. police camera vans can park up anywhere, except where it would be a danger. It is just one of those things they are permitted to park on grass verges and pavements Its in the public interest to be able to park where they can catch the residavists.
Many people moan about the locations where they set up but it falls on deaf ears.
In order for a police force to gain revenue from speed cameras they have to conform to the ACPO guidelines. These are strict guidlines and DO inlcude positioning of the vehicle and cameras. They can park anywhere but risk losing there revenue if they break the rules. You need to get evidence they are breaking the rules and find out if they claim the revenue back anyway.
Old 17 May 2005, 01:07 PM
speedking
Scooby Regular

I didn't think that SCP vans were police and therefore are not allowed to break the law in the pursuit of ca$h.
Old 17 May 2005, 01:34 PM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

These APCO guidelines, are that guidelines. In the pursuit of money they will ignore them as long as nobody complains with evidence that they are breaking these guidelines. Take photos where ever possible and write a letter of complaint to the government( not the local council or the safety partnership, as they are all in on taking a share of the revenue). If enough complaints come in the guilty safety camera partnership will have its funding withdrawn. This means that all those involved in the partnership have to fund the department directly and if it couldnt make a profit then!! Bingo.

Andy
Old 17 May 2005, 05:22 PM
Trashman
Scooby Regular

http://www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk/speedfaq.htm last item says they are "excused" under the road traffic act, though I remember reading one site where a Chief Constable was quoted as saying they couldn't be seen to be breaking the law to enforce it. Though if you look at the website of Wiltshire constabulary, they show pictures of the "approved" sites showing the nominal position of the vehicle and one of those I have definitely seen and thought dubious.