Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Pixmania, any one had problems?

Search this Thread

Old 16 May 2005, 07:18 AM
r32
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Pixmania, any one had problems?

I bought a digital camera from Pixmania, its a Canus Ixus 30 and a birthday pressie for my daughter. She went away on hols a day before her birthday and phoned to say all the instructions and paperwork are in French.....
So whilst she can figure how to work the basics all the detail is lost.
There was no mention of the details being Francais when I bought it, should I be able to get the proper UK instructions and paperwork?

I'm gonna give them a call later on today ......
Old 16 May 2005, 07:58 AM
HankScorpio
Scooby Regular

It says on the site.
If you go to technical information sheet for a product, it's in pretty small writing in there somewhere.
And you have to pay to get them from Canon too. (Nikon are on their website)
I had issues with their printing service too.
Old 16 May 2005, 08:13 AM
Tentenths
Scooby Regular

As HankScorpio says, it's definitely mentioned in the "technical information" section of the item description:-

"Manual provided in French"

But it then goes on to tell you where to find a free downloadable English version:-

"Manual available for download from official website Please check the official site for Canon: www.canon-asia.com..."

Here's a link to the relevant page - http://www.canon-asia.com/index.jsp?...t&prod_type=dc
Old 16 May 2005, 08:27 AM
Richard_P
Scooby Regular

Yep They are hopeless, not had this problem but I bought a scanner of them and they took about 2 weeks to deliver it, all the time making promises about where it was which never came true.

Just last week I ordered a camera, ordered at 11am, paid for next day delivery surcharge and guess what it took 6 days to arrive. Easily the most useless company I have dealt with.
Old 16 May 2005, 09:18 AM
MrShades
Scooby Regular

.... and they are cheap.

If you want great service, buy from a good UK company - not some cheapskate French outfit.

I've used them, buying purely on price, and whilst not the best I've got nothing to complain about really (Continental style mains-lead supplied, rather than UK - but that's to be expected I guess).

Shades
Old 16 May 2005, 09:22 AM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

i have spent thousands with them...and saved loads of money.

great company

T
Old 16 May 2005, 12:14 PM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

I've bought stuff from them with no problems either. Not the quickest company out there, but when you are saving £££s, you don't expect it...
Old 16 May 2005, 04:09 PM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

Two mates have bought cameras from them.
Mate 1 has no expectations other than the camera turns up and is happy.
Mate 2 gets stressed as the camera did not turn up on the specified day despite him waiting in all day (he's an IT contractor). Eventually gets the camera and is chuffed with it.

Mate 2 doesn't rate Pixmania, then again he wouldn't have bought off them if it wasn't so cheap. To get the best deal/price he had to delete warranties etc. from the order that the website put onto his order by default. Then they screwed up his CC payment and didn't tell him at the time of ordering, then they couldn't deliver on the specified day, despite the next day delivery.

Oh and the instructions were in French. Mate 2 is trying to produce readable English language copies of the manual.

J.
Old 16 May 2005, 04:14 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

Mate 2 should have made sure he could d/load UK manuals before buying....they are SO much cheaper than anyone else its clear that something has to give. Anyone expecting a UK item within 24hrs is a bit daft.
Old 16 May 2005, 05:27 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthrea...light=pixmania
Old 16 May 2005, 05:39 PM
Richard_P
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tiggs
Anyone expecting a UK item within 24hrs is a bit daft.
Not the case, If I order on a website and they charge extra for 24 hour delivery and I pay it then I expect to receive it within that time window. If they can't meet expectations they shouldn't set them so high.

Anyway the time isn't a problem, When they finally emailed me with my tracking number saying it was dispatched I checked the tracking number, the time for it being dispatched from their warehouse until being delivered to my door was under under 12 hours. The problem is that they seem to lie about their stock, thats what I conclude from their messing around anyway.
Old 16 May 2005, 05:44 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

I have found them excellent on 3 purchases although I usually phone to talk to them about product first. Terrific delivery and one minor problem (item not included in package) which they dealt with immediately.

One minor hiccup was that one item I bought using credit card that offered 2 years free extra cover but because goods came from France then this invalidated this extra cover. DL
Old 16 May 2005, 09:30 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I found the service terrible. Items didn't arrive as on the day as promised, their was a fault with the digicam, called their customer services after holding 15 minutes and was told I had to down load a returns form from their site and fill it in detailing the problem and return it with the faulty item. Didn't get an exchange as requested on the returns form. After a few days I called them only to be told that the item was sent to their technical dept for testing for the fault and would take 10 days!!. 10 days past and still no digicam. Called them and they said it was still with the technical dept. On that I requested my money back on their money back guarentee, which as due to run out in the following day. After countless email exchanges and calls, I finally got my money back 8 weeks later!! Would I use them again? what do you think!
Old 16 May 2005, 09:54 PM
scoobypreza
Scooby Regular

Must be hit and miss as I got my camera from there no problems at all.
The instructions came in 5 languages!

cath
Old 16 May 2005, 09:56 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

good UK company
Isn't that some kind of oxymoron?
Old 16 May 2005, 11:06 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Saved a mint on my Pentax Optio SV, manual and charger are french, provided an adapter and a CD with the UK manual on it
Old 17 May 2005, 07:10 AM
r32
Scooby Regular

I have managed to source a full UK pack including all the paperwork, a downloaded version would have been OK for me but the camera was a present. Dont think I will use them again.......
Called them and they were extremely unhelpful.....