Anyone who knows Northampton

Search this Thread

Old 30 April 2005, 08:36 AM
JamieMacdonald
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Anyone who knows Northampton

Sorry, really boring thread I'm afraid!

I have a friend who has just got a job with NGT (Transco) in Northampton. Apparently it's in a business park in an area called 'The Lakes' in Northampton. My friend doesn't know the area at all and will soon be looking for a room to rent in Northampton, and I'm a little bit worried that she might end up living next to a bunch of smack heads if she's not careful!

Does anyone know this area of Northampton - is there a nice residential area near 'The Lakes'. She doesn't drive so would need to be able to get public transport, and nothing too expensive . If there's nowhere near 'The Lakes', got any other suggestions?

See, I told you it was boring!

Last edited by JamieMacdonald; 30 April 2005 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Edited to add - I have been to Northampton and thought it was nice - I'm not suggesting it's full of smack heads, although there were a lot of chavs - but still not as many as in Portsmouth!
Old 30 April 2005, 08:51 AM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

The Lakes is right on the edge of the town boundary, so on one side you have nice villages, on the other the town centre.

I would avoid the eastern district (anywhere east of the A43), Kingsheath, Rye Hill, Spencer, Gladstone, St James, Semilong, Briar Hill.

But It's a big town so obviously has a lot of crappy places, and a lot of nice ones.
Old 30 April 2005, 09:17 AM
ScoobywagonGl
Scooby Regular

Last edited by JamieMacdonald : Today at 08:39. Reason: Edited to add - I have been to Northampton and thought it was nice - I'm not suggesting it's full of smack heads, although there were a lot of chavs - but still not as many as in Portsmouth!
LOL Nice editing Jamie ... maybe you should stop worrying and get your ar$e to a hants meet soon
Old 30 April 2005, 09:45 AM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

There is lots of student accommodation around Abington. I'm sure she could get a bus from there to The Lakes. My head office is based there and I've seen the signs for the new Transco premises there.

The roundabout on the A45 which she will have to cross is a nightmare though. I'm regularly stuck there while trying to get into town in the morning. I'm beginning to think the only viable option is to cycle to work every day! I did cycle to town the other day and nearly beat my friend who drove in!
Old 30 April 2005, 10:12 AM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

My son, daughter-in-law and grandson live in Northampton, if you don't get any joy from this forum, send me a PM and I'll ask them .
Old 30 April 2005, 10:14 AM
JamieMacdonald
Scooby Regular

Yeah I know I've been a bit of a stranger recently Tams! Been working far too hard (got promoted though so could be time to upgrade to and STI I think!). I'm sure I'll be making an appearance soon, especially with the summer coming up - I guess I'm just a fairweather attendee! .

Thanks for the info davy/Clare, I'll be passing that on!
Old 30 April 2005, 11:53 AM
JamieMacdonald
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Apparition
My son, daughter-in-law and grandson live in Northampton, if you don't get any joy from this forum, send me a PM and I'll ask them .
Cheers for that, will let you know if I need any further info.

Trending Topics

Old 30 April 2005, 06:19 PM
scooby-tc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JamieMacdonald
Yeah I know I've been a bit of a stranger recently Tams! Been working far too hard (got promoted though so could be time to upgrade to and STI I think!). I'm sure I'll be making an appearance soon, especially with the summer coming up - I guess I'm just a fairweather attendee! .

Thanks for the info davy/Clare, I'll be passing that on!
remember we're on tour starting this month see ya soon

Tams

Last edited by scooby-tc; 30 April 2005 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Grrr Daz's name!