Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Useless feckers at the passport office!

Search this Thread

Old 27 April 2005, 10:30 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Useless ******* at the passport office!

Me and MrsREV decided to book a holiday and we knew this would entail getting a passport for the little REVlet.

So we faffed about getting our 3 month old to pose for photos where his face filled the alloted percentage of photograph, while he had his eyes open and looking at the camera, with a neutral expression on his face and decided that, even though he looked like a tiny Jabba the Hut, we finally had finally met all the requirements!

Several weeks later and still no passport, so MrsREV started phoning the passport office on a daily basis and managed to speak to the person dealing with this particular passport application and things seemed to be moving well through the system. We were informed last week that we'd get REVlet's passport by courier sometime this week.

Lo and behold, the passport arrived, so now REVlet can fly abroad with us quite happily and legally.

Except, to get a passport for your infant you need to send off some documentation, which in our case included REVlet's log book, sorry, birth certificate, mine and MrsREV's Certificate of Imprisonment (sorry, Marriage Certificate) and (here it comes!) MrsREV's passport.

So far, we haven't had ANY of the documentation back and it's apparently all now "untraceable". So someone is now probably walking around with not only a passport to sell to the black market, but a marriage cert and birth cert to create a whole god damn fake family in our fecking name!

They've agreed to go and let MrsREV get a new passport tomorrow (no charge, how generous) but we'll likely never see our original marriage cert or birth cert again. I know you can get copies, but it's not the same, I'm really annoyed and don't understand how they can let this happen in this day and age of rife identity theft.

I don't want compensation, I just want our stuff back so I know it's not going to cause us issues later when some Nigerian family get £50k a year off the DSS in our name
Old 27 April 2005, 10:44 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

They should flag that anything for you lot needs properly checking in future to guard against identity theft... It wont be .... but that would be good....
Old 28 April 2005, 11:43 AM
rr_ww
Scooby Regular

I applied for mine a while back. 3 weeks my sodding ****, its been 5 now!

And stories like this dont inspire confidence in yet another Civil service populated by numpties!
Old 28 April 2005, 11:46 AM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NotoriousREV
So far, we haven't had ANY of the documentation back and it's apparently all now "untraceable". So someone is now probably walking around with not only a passport to sell to the black market, but a marriage cert and birth cert to create a whole god damn fake family in our fecking name!
Oh boy will the News of the World pay money for THAT story... And isn't Home Office responsible for a) passports and b) controlling immigrants? I think a letter to the Minister concerned might speed things up sharpish, before he goes the same way as his predecessor...
Old 28 April 2005, 11:51 AM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Did mine online for my 2 kids moving off my wifes passport and renewing hers

all done in 2 weeks NO PROBLEMS

Sorry to hear of yours though
Old 28 April 2005, 12:02 PM
Reffro
Scooby Regular

If your moaning now, just think what you'll be saying next year when you have to apply in person at a Passport office for every new or re-newed passport. So if you & your wife and kids need passports, just think of the fun day out you are going to enjoy.

And before you ask why, how else do you think they are going to get the biometric data needed for the new style passports.

Its already been annouced, that you will soon be no longer able to apply by post, and will have to go to a passport office. And you can bet they won't be open on a weekend, meaning time off from work to go during the week.............
Old 28 April 2005, 12:26 PM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

Used to work for a certain company that did lots of work with UKPA, unfortunely none of this suprises me in the least I'm sad to say, they where / are still completly inept.

Richard

Trending Topics

Old 28 April 2005, 12:32 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I think the incompetent fools should be made to pay you compensation for the inconvenience and the loss of your documents.

The compensation should be stopped out of the salaries of those responsible.

That might just sharpen them up a bit so that they do their jobs correctly without screwing other people's lives up.

Les
Old 28 April 2005, 12:44 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

I mislaid my passport, so following guidelines reported it lost..

the dozy pillocck at the local cop shop told me i no longer have to report them lost, just contact UKPA

i did and UKPA said that it must be reported otherwise i could not get the crime number for the new one..

so i rang the cop shop who were adamant i didnt need it..

so i rang another cop shop who gave me the number!!!

and the stringent checks they needed to carry out which could mean i would wait up to 6 weeks for the passport...

nope, a replacement was on my mat within 2 weeks....

as for my son.....jeez talk about useless..

i applied for a renewal for my son, and as was under 12 he didnt need to sign for it,,,, anyway they rejected it 3 times for minor reasons, despite being checked by the PO??

at the last go it said not signed... so i rang them up... and had a pop

it must be signed sir....they quoted, i asked them to look at original date of application... well before his 12th b/day....

so after some umming and ahhing, he agreed just get your son to sign a blank passport form, and we will put that in the file and issue a pp

????

so why do we go through such rigmarole to get one??

M
Old 28 April 2005, 12:46 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

When we applied for kids passports a couple of years ago our youngest was 6 months old. Our GP is a frien of the family and certified all the photos, writing - I have known the applicant for 12 years etc etc. He wrote on Lucy's "I have known the applicant for 6 months (since birth)"

Some nutter at the passport office sent it back saying that the person certifying the photos had to know the applicant for at least three years
Old 28 April 2005, 01:00 PM
Crapaud62
Scooby Regular

Got our passports stolen in Spain recently. Went to British Consulate in Madrid and they produced new full passports for us in 15 minutes. Fantastic service!