Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Derby scoobs be careful on pride park

Search this Thread

Old 21 April 2005, 06:34 PM
Horico
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Derby scoobs be careful on pride park

For 2 days running there have been about 4/5 riot vans and 5 bikes openly watching goings on on pride park, mainly near the toys r us / burger king island.

There's also a corsa parked up on the bridge on the slip road to go towards notts with 1 man in the passenger side which has been there for 2 days....may be broken down but may be involved...

Also, a silver Omega estate with a bobby in facing towards derby just before the wyvern slip road....which currenyly has 2 bikes lurking just around the corner. Some vans are stickered up as mobile cameras while others are just riot vans...

Take it easy round there, especially if you've got a loud exhaust....ahem

I have no idea what theyre doing but would assume speed is a biggie on the agenda....especially as theyre in places where people may be caught out....

This must be costing a lot of brass......anyone know anything more?
Old 22 April 2005, 02:03 PM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Right now I'm sat in my office within site of that roundabout going up to the A52... and yup they've been placing cameras on the road JUST before the roundabout looking up and catching people swinging round the bend at the top.
I left work on Weds and was amazed at the number of peope really tanking it 'round that and straight into the Camera.
Oh, there was even a motor-cycle cop sat on the slip road as you swing round on the A52 derby bound from the Wyvern
Old 22 April 2005, 02:07 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Isn't this the set up to catch car Tax dodgers and also to check if any car is driving on false plates?
Cheers
Colin
Old 22 April 2005, 02:13 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Are the Police still wasting money on Car Tax dogers with the DVLA just firing fines out directly now??
Old 22 April 2005, 02:17 PM
class_A
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by OllyK
Are the Police still wasting money on Car Tax dogers with the DVLA just firing fines out directly now??
The mobile ANPR camera operations are out to catch people who SORN to avoid the automatic fine then carry on driving, criminal "pool" cars etc.
Old 22 April 2005, 02:19 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by class_A
The mobile ANPR camera operations are out to catch people who SORN to avoid the automatic fine then carry on driving, criminal "pool" cars etc.
Ahhh

And how many do they catch, as a matter of interest?
Old 22 April 2005, 03:08 PM
Horico
Scooby Regular

so nothing to do with speeding then?
Old 22 April 2005, 03:45 PM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Horico
For 2 days running there have been about 4/5 riot vans and 5 bikes openly watching goings on on pride park, mainly near the toys r us / burger king island.

There's also a corsa parked up on the bridge on the slip road to go towards notts with 1 man in the passenger side which has been there for 2 days....may be broken down but may be involved...

Also, a silver Omega estate with a bobby in facing towards derby just before the wyvern slip road....which currenyly has 2 bikes lurking just around the corner. Some vans are stickered up as mobile cameras while others are just riot vans...

Take it easy round there, especially if you've got a loud exhaust....ahem

I have no idea what theyre doing but would assume speed is a biggie on the agenda....especially as theyre in places where people may be caught out....

This must be costing a lot of brass......anyone know anything more?
Poor b4st4rd must be starving!!!
Old 22 April 2005, 04:39 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

"pool cars" are not registerd to the drivers address anyway so the whole thing is a load of bollocks
Old 22 April 2005, 04:46 PM
class_A
Scooby Regular

OllyK, don't know how many they catch, just know what the system is being used for around here.

Horico, whether they are operating a speed detection system alongside the ANPR I don't know.

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
"pool cars" are not registerd to the drivers address anyway so the whole thing is a load of bollocks
As ANPR flags a car as stolen, used in a crime or uninsured wouldn't they just pull the driver and ID him/her?
Old 22 April 2005, 05:04 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by class_A
OllyK, don't know how many they catch, just know what the system is being used for around here.
That's a shame. I know I bang on about speed not being a major issue in road safety (comparitely) so I was just interested about how many un-taxed or incorrectly taxed drivers were on the roads. IMO these sort of people are "likely" to be a bigger risk to road safety than people who occasionally exceed a speed limit. It would just be interesting to put some figures round it all to see if my thoughts were valid - ho hum!!