Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

NEW YORK

Search this Thread

Old 08 April 2005, 03:33 PM
ScoobyTal
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking NEW YORK

Mam and Dad want to go to New york in september to celibrate my Dads 70th they want to go for about 4 night in a good resonable hotel

Anyone know any good deals / websites to check ??

Tal

p.s would like to fly from a northern airport
Old 08 April 2005, 03:34 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Got biometric passports?
Old 08 April 2005, 03:48 PM
scoobygurllover
Scooby Regular

hiya, not sure if this will help u any, but my mum and dad went away to new york in february. They went for 4 nights and stayed in one of the best hotels and flew with british airways. They flew from aberdeen to heathrow then heathrow to New york and for the 2 of them it came to a total of £890, inlcuding their accomodation. good luck
Old 08 April 2005, 03:50 PM
ScoobyTal
Scooby Regular

that sounds good any details ??

Biometric passports ??
Old 08 April 2005, 03:58 PM
scoobygurllover
Scooby Regular

sorry jus remembering what their deal was, they picked it up from the british airways shop on the high street. Chances are that if ur flying from england ur gonna get it a fair bit cheaper aswell cause we get stung for so much extra tax to fly from aberdeen. Sorry i cant help more and ps i dont know about biometric passports beacuse ours only got renewed a few years ago they are still legit.
Old 08 April 2005, 04:04 PM
Cyberevo
Scooby Regular

I've stayed at the 'W' hotel opposite the Waldorf Astoria, I think it's on 7th Avenue, really nice hotel with great service.
Old 08 April 2005, 05:14 PM
scoobygurllover
Scooby Regular

If its any help to you i found out what the hotel was called that my parents stayed in, its called The Flat Hotel. They were very impressed with it and found it very central. they stayed in New York a number of times and found that hotel to be the best they been in. Hope u find yourself a good deal.
Old 08 April 2005, 06:12 PM
ScoobyTal
Scooby Regular

thanks
Old 08 April 2005, 06:27 PM
drb5
Scooby Regular

Roosevelt Hotel alll the way man! Awesome and not expensive....considering the interior decor and the service!
Old 08 April 2005, 08:23 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Passports?
As long as you've got a string on mumbers on the page with your photo, your fine. Until Oct 2005 anyway.
See below, taken from http://www.ukpa.gov.uk/
ll British passports currently issued in the UK or at British Missions overseas are machine-readable. However, some older passports may not be machine-readable. Before travelling to the US and seeking entry under the VWP, you should check that your current passport is machine-readable. If it is not, the likelihood is that you will not qualify for entry to the USA under the VWP on that passport after 26 October 2004.

To help you carry out this check, a British passport is machine readable when there are two lines of letters, numbers and chevrons (“>>>>>”) printed across the long edge of the personal information page (the page with photograph and personal details). The machine-readable text will appear on a white strip on older passports and directly on the pink page of newer passports. If there are no such lines of text on the personal information page, the passport is not machine-readable.

Biometric Passports:
US law originally required that travellers under the Visa Waiver Programme carrying passports issued after 26 October 2004 would need to hold biometric passports. The President has agreed a one-year deferral of this requirement, to October 2005.

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and UK Passport Service (UKPS) welcome this decision, which will now enable British travellers with valid machine-readable passports issued before the new deadline to travel to the US under the Visa Waiver Programme up to, and beyond, October 2005.

The primary biometric identifier approved by the International Civil Aviation Organisation is a facial recognition biometric (which can be derived from a passport photograph). The UKPS and FCO, in collaboration with international partners, (including the US), have a programme of work in place to implement this biometric in British passports from late 2005/early 2006.

Last edited by FlightMan; 08 April 2005 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Spelling