Can anyone remember or reccomend a web site that has templates of

resignation letters to use... if i have to go i want to do it professionaly

Mart
Old 06 April 2005, 08:54 PM
Ian_S
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dear

After an appropriate period of deliberation, I have come to the decision to tender my resignation from Company Name, effective November 10, 2000.

Please know that I still maintain a high level of respect for you as a manager and colleague, and I thank you sincerely for the support and assistance you have offered me in each of those roles. I have been proud to work for Company Name over the past eight years; it has been a journey that has provided me an unparalleled foundation to move forward to new and exciting opportunities.

As such, I have decided to become a professional pirate. It has always been a dream of mine to live the life of a swashbuckling corsair, beholden to none and master of all I survey. Once my crew of unabashed rogues is assembled, we shall take to the capacious expanse of the high seas to pursue fortune, fame, and hair-raising adventure.

Our path may not be filled with the porcine comforts and technological marvels that Company Name provides, but we shall nonetheless move forward to carve a name for ourselves in the annals of bold insurgency and death-defying derring-do. Once I have a keen blade at my hip and the Jolly Roger is flapping high above me, I believe I will find my true calling.

Please note that I am currently accepting applications for First Officer, if you are at all interested in applying. I will provide a full medical and dental plan, which will offer immediate coverage of all maladies other than scurvy and the occasional bout of rickets.

Sincerely
Old 06 April 2005, 08:56 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Proabaly the best way to resign is to blame it on something that has nothing to do with the real reason you're going.
"Sir,
Please consider this notice of my resignation, effective today. The reason for my sudden departure is due to my being unable to stomach the constant, abandoned and excessively noisy personal activities of *insert name of worst enemy in the office here* whilst I am working. Whislt I consider myself a professional man, able to cope with most destractions and still maintain productivity at acceptable levels Mr. *insert name again*'s activitites have pushed me over the edge and I cannot cope with the constant sound of unrestrained animal buggery everytime I pass the stationary storeroom any more.
Yours,etc"

astraboy.
Old 06 April 2005, 10:37 PM
Pistol_Pete
Scooby Regular

Guys, they are class

Im probably handing my notice in very soon, its tempting to use one of these !
Old 06 April 2005, 10:37 PM
celticpilgrim
Scooby Regular

you could always try the 8 word version....

That's it
I quit
No ****
Tough Tit!!!
Old 06 April 2005, 10:47 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Reading this thread probably wasn't one of my better ideas after the day I've had today!
Old 06 April 2005, 10:53 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ian_S
Dear

After an appropriate period of deliberation, I have come to the decision to tender my resignation from Company Name, effective November 10, 2000.

Please know that I still maintain a high level of respect for you as a manager and colleague, and I thank you sincerely for the support and assistance you have offered me in each of those roles. I have been proud to work for Company Name over the past eight years; it has been a journey that has provided me an unparalleled foundation to move forward to new and exciting opportunities.

As such, I have decided to become a professional pirate. It has always been a dream of mine to live the life of a swashbuckling corsair, beholden to none and master of all I survey. Once my crew of unabashed rogues is assembled, we shall take to the capacious expanse of the high seas to pursue fortune, fame, and hair-raising adventure.

Our path may not be filled with the porcine comforts and technological marvels that Company Name provides, but we shall nonetheless move forward to carve a name for ourselves in the annals of bold insurgency and death-defying derring-do. Once I have a keen blade at my hip and the Jolly Roger is flapping high above me, I believe I will find my true calling.

Please note that I am currently accepting applications for First Officer, if you are at all interested in applying. I will provide a full medical and dental plan, which will offer immediate coverage of all maladies other than scurvy and the occasional bout of rickets.

Sincerely
psml **** thats good!!!!

Mart
Old 06 April 2005, 11:16 PM
Lum
Scooby Regular

http://www.p45.net/omatics/resign.html

Generate your own resignation letter based on a few simple questions.
Old 06 April 2005, 11:30 PM
Scoobydick
Scooby Regular

I normally use this one.....

http://www.i-resign.com/uk/letters/
Old 07 April 2005, 12:40 AM
kelvin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scoobydick
I normally use this one.....

http://www.i-resign.com/uk/letters/
"Normally"
Old 07 April 2005, 08:04 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

well i phoned today, the offer was confirmed!!

apparantly the informal chat i had 2 weeks a go was the interview!! and the one last week was just to check salary etc..

nice bit of percentage increase!!!

letter in my sticky palms this eve,,

oh boy is tommorow going to be an interesting day!!!!

Mart
Old 07 April 2005, 08:17 PM
CRAIGFIN
Scooby Regular

Go the Alan Partridge way.......

Go on.........smell my cheese!!!!!
Old 07 April 2005, 08:18 PM
Tim-Grove
Scooby Regular

My old boss found out I was leaving buy the reference email from my new boss...Opppss that wasnt supposed to happen. So after a heated phone call there was no need for a letter