Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Alliance & Leicester Prem Plus Acc?

Search this Thread

Old 16 March 2005, 07:44 PM
blot
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alliance & Leicester Prem Plus Acc?

Thinking of swapping from my current bank who I've used for 20 yrs to this acc. Current bank used to be personal service and offer good deals, all gone call centre and no branch manager (oohh the good old days)

Any way, as there appears to be no benefit to staying with said bank, was thinking of using A&L. Would be transferring a joint Acc & the wifes as well. Anyone got one of these accs or got any comments on quality of service??
Old 16 March 2005, 08:41 PM
carlos30
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by blot
Thinking of swapping from my current bank who I've used for 20 yrs to this acc. Current bank used to be personal service and offer good deals, all gone call centre and no branch manager (oohh the good old days)

Any way, as there appears to be no benefit to staying with said bank, was thinking of using A&L. Would be transferring a joint Acc & the wifes as well. Anyone got one of these accs or got any comments on quality of service??
Nothing wrong with call centre banks. The reason we have call centres is so your branch can have more time to spend with the customers face to face when you need to discuss your financial affairs. Instead of answering the phone every second to people who can't be bothered to either use phone banking or register their a/c online. And only ever call for a balance.
Old 16 March 2005, 08:43 PM
fgn
Scooby Regular

done the same thing about 6 months ago, had been with my previous bank for 15 yrs or so. Great service and they pay a good rate of interest. smooth change over as they did everything for me, took a while though.
would recommend it......................
Old 16 March 2005, 09:03 PM
Carl Davey
Scooby Regular

They gave me £25 when i signed up.
Old 17 March 2005, 07:40 PM
blot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by carlos30
Nothing wrong with call centre banks. The reason we have call centres is so your branch can have more time to spend with the customers face to face when you need to discuss your financial affairs. Instead of answering the phone every second to people who can't be bothered to either use phone banking or register their a/c online. And only ever call for a balance. http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/images/icons/icon8.gif
One problem being, there is no longer a 'branch manager', the queues in the branch when I occasionally go in are abysmal, the bank seem more interested in selling me insurance than giving a good service and their interest rate seems to be 0.00001% (monetary and in quality of service). A real shame as I've had an account with them since birth and had until the last few months been very good. Must be the National Australian influence on what was a friendly yorkshire based bank. Oh, and I use their internet service all the time

Thanks for all the feedback
Old 17 March 2005, 08:08 PM
carlos30
Scooby Regular

One problem being, there is no longer a 'branch manager', the queues in the branch when I occasionally go in are abysmal, the bank seem more interested in selling me insurance than giving a good service and their interest rate seems to be 0.00001% (monetary and in quality of service). A real shame as I've had an account with them since birth and had until the last few months been very good. Must be the National Australian influence on what was a friendly yorkshire based bank. Oh, and I use their internet service all the time

Thanks for all the feedback
The bank i work for has a manager in every branch, also alot of our customers have their own priveledge manager. interest rates 4.75 for plus a/c
Old 17 March 2005, 08:12 PM
blot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by carlos30
The bank i work for has a manager in every branch, also alot of our customers have their own priveledge manager. interest rates 4.75 for plus a/c
Who's that Carlos?
Old 17 March 2005, 08:37 PM
carlos30
Scooby Regular

Who's that Carlos?
lloyds tsb
Old 17 March 2005, 10:01 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

A&L are not bad for most of the CS stuff, but you can occasionally end up at number 123543687456 in the queue, with an estimated waiting time of 16 months.

Best service I have found so far is Woolwich, followed closely by A&L. Strangely, Barclays (who own Woolwich) is complete sh1te. Banking end of Abbey is 1st class, but mortgage end is strange. Stay away from Halifax unless it is absolutely mandatory. The have rules and god forbid that anyone should step outside them
Old 17 March 2005, 10:43 PM
topdog
Scooby Regular

http://www.alliance-leicester.co.uk/...nk10353&exp=30

£50 if you open an account online
Old 18 March 2005, 08:15 AM
blot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by topdog

£50 if you open an account online
I'll have ten accounts then please
Old 18 March 2005, 10:33 AM
tmo
Scooby Regular

never had a problem with A&L
Old 18 March 2005, 02:41 PM
pbee
Scooby Regular

I changed to a& l prem account in january from HSBC, cant falut them so far. and being able to bank at the local post office with no charges means i have a bank on my doorstep.
Old 18 March 2005, 02:46 PM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

A&L