Can someone do me a simple spreadsheet please

Search this Thread

Old 03 March 2005, 06:04 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Can someone do me a simple spreadsheet please

Pretty please

I want a spreadsheet that can track my results on the poker tables but have limited excel knowledge. I know there are some experts that could perhaps bash one together in 5 minutes over a coffee so I'd be grateful if you would do so and send it to dutchanator2000@hotmail.com

The requirements:

Fields arranged along the first row as such:

Field 1: Date (pref double click to insert todays date)
Field 2: Buy in (numerical value)
Field 3: Cash out (numerical value)
Field 4: Minutes Played (numerical value)
Field 5: Session profit (derived from buy in +/- cash out (can be negative no))
Field 6: Hourly rate (derived from money made/lost (session profit) divided by the hours played (deterimed by Field 4)(can be negative))
Field 7: Notworthy Players (text field)
Field 8: Comments (text field)

The fields should be in a row along the top as headings and I fill in a new row below everytime I have a poker session inupting my buy in, cash out and time played (the rest is calculated) and any comments on my session/players (text fields).

It would be very useful to have under all this on a fixed bar that is always displayed no matter what part of the sheet you look at a 'totals' that would total the minutes played for all sessions, the total session profits (so I know if I'm up or down since I started data collection) and the average hourly rate.

The presentation of its not important as I can spuce all that up and make it pretty but I don't know how to do the formula's required, etc.

I would be very appreciative if somone could help out and a pint is on me anytime you are in Edinburgh
Old 03 March 2005, 06:09 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

saxo...you want to use poker tracker.
i use an XL sheet for my cash play but all online stuff is tracked through tracker. i found it a very valuable tool when i played online lots (mostly live now)

T

ps- my home game is being filmed for a new TV show next week....and Barny Boatman is coming to play in it!

edit to add...if you mean you want one for live play then tracker is no good! im sure someone will help with XL for that.
Old 03 March 2005, 06:15 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

"ps- my home game is being filmed for a new TV show next week....and Barny Boatman is coming to play in it!" Nice one mate, give me a heads up when its aired please Can't believe you got Barny, how cool Get Brunson and Helmouth for your next one and I'll be really impressed

Pokertracker doesn't work with the William Hill software I believe. Tiggs, wasn't it you that was playing online @ £500 a week? If so, why did you stop? Also, you said you were playing ultra tight. Were you also multi-tableing? I've been thinking that maybe a profitable way (with less swings) would be to play 4 tables and ultra tight pushing the premium hands AA,KK,QQ (less so QQ), AK and AQ (in the right circumstances) hard and limping with pairs for sets but otherwise being 'rock' like. Sure the blinds would slowly eat away but playing 4x6 seater tables you are playing 20 other players. Assuming 18 figure you for a rock and don't get overly involved you'd probably only make enough on your hands to 'break even' Of course the other two idiots will dump their entire stack when you bet a set hard and they call with top/pair the whole way.
Old 03 March 2005, 06:18 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Red face

Originally Posted by Saxo Boy
Also, you said you were playing ultra tight. Were you also multi-tableing? I've been thinking that maybe a profitable way (with less swings) would be to play 4 tables and ultra tight pushing the premium hands AA,KK,QQ (less so QQ), AK and AQ (in the right circumstances) hard and limping with pairs for sets but otherwise being 'rock' like. Sure the blinds would slowly eat away but playing 4x6 seater tables you are playing 20 other players. Assuming 18 figure you for a rock and don't get overly involved you'd probably only make enough on your hands to 'break even' Of course the other two idiots will dump their entire stack when you bet a set hard and they call with top/pair the whole way.
Kenny, I hope you put "skills with foreign languages" on your next CV
Old 03 March 2005, 06:25 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

LOL
Old 03 March 2005, 07:22 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease
Old 03 March 2005, 07:47 PM
Steppin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Saxo Boy
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease
You have email
Old 03 March 2005, 07:55 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

i was multitabling for a while, up to 8 tables on two screens. Prob was it is VERY hard work, i was doing 6 hours a day and making the same as my normal job........but after a while i decided my normal job was better!

Now i play on line in bigger buyin cash games, i play a LOT of satalites to EPT stuff and big festival games in the UK and i play live a lot more. 2-3 games a week.

I now make more money playing less hours...i also love live poker and really struggle to play online when i know i can find an easy home game whenever i want.

Currently only playing online to get entry to the EPT in Monaco and the odd cash game against online players i know.

T

ps- I lost about £2k in one game last week when my connection crashed while i was high up in a MTT.....ended up getting blinded away to 12th place for £150......thats never happened live!
Old 03 March 2005, 08:24 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Steppin that is absolutely ideal mate. Really appreciate the time and effort
Old 03 March 2005, 08:25 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

8 Tables!!!!!!!!! That is brutal. They must have been flying up at you all the time requiring action. I assume you really were playing ultra, ultra tight in order to play in that manner.
Old 03 March 2005, 08:57 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

not really...you just have to focus. You are playing pretty much by the book so no fancy moves. The alternative is play 4 tables for higher stakes but the lower the number of tables the higher the swings. 8 Tables is pretty diverse, i never saw much in the way of losses because i was playing so many hands.

just boring and not a nice job. The money wasnt easy because you had to sit in front of a pc all day and pay attention......thats just crap.

It was a good eductaion though, 8 tables on line is like 40 tables live so i got some hands in!

T

ps- next stop WSOP!
Old 03 March 2005, 09:09 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Did people not realise that if you were in a pot they really shouldn't be unless they have a monster? Would you raise AA/KK, how many bb? What about AK? My fear with playing this way is that rocks are - by virtue of the fact they don't pull 'moves' - easy to read. Can I assume you profit from the stream of unobservant idiots that just don't 'notice' you and your rock ways?
Old 03 March 2005, 09:29 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

When i multitable i am playing 3/6 - 5/10 limit so less to worry about.

When i play cash i play no limit with £300-£500 buyin..........trust me.....in limit no one spots the multitablers.......in a proper cash game its a bit different.

Other thing i am playing a bit of on line is heads up....i have a good record in 2 player games so i play a few £50 games a day......in VERY simple terms i win 2 loose 1.

unless you are on the big tables i dont give a toss about being "read" 99% of the fish cant read you anyway and the 1% that can dont know what to do with the info when they get it!