Divorcing- Advice

Search this Thread

Old 15 February 2005, 12:43 PM
Southern Guy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Divorcing- Advice

Hello,

I have been split up for my wife for 6 months yet, she went off me 'Who can blame her'

There has been obvious bickering etc and childish behaviour, but nothing to warrant an early divorce.

My question is how long does it take to get divorced now? she reckons it would take a few months, but as i told her i am will contest anything which i dont like, there is no property or monies involved or kids.

Anyone been through it?

Me
Old 15 February 2005, 12:47 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

contested or uncontested??

i believe you can file for div anytime, but there is a 12 month cooling periodd before the papers go live so to speak.. after that its down to how bitter the split is??

my nisi was 6 weeks from fileing the paers... but my absolute took another 6 months... kids ,, house etc

Mart
Old 15 February 2005, 12:47 PM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

I think for simplicity you need to be seperated for 2 years. Earlier than this and a judge can throw the divorce out (he did for me). Takes about 3 months to do the deal after that though. Really depends on how much contesting goes on during the process.
HTH
Old 15 February 2005, 12:50 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Hello

What is there to contest if there is no money, children or propertly involved? You can get divorced relatively quickly if you get a solicitor, especially if you come to a deal (with your wife) as to "fault" so the judge cannot throw it out.

Steve.
Old 15 February 2005, 12:52 PM
Southern Guy
Scooby Regular

thing is i dont want one, i am still hung up on her pretty much.

I dont want her rushing into to anything and want to make a little harder now, to try and win her back, stupid arent i

Last edited by Southern Guy; 15 February 2005 at 12:54 PM.
Old 15 February 2005, 12:52 PM
Freak
Scooby Regular

hire a hitman
cheaper and more satisfying
Old 15 February 2005, 12:55 PM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

Old 15 February 2005, 12:58 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

i had to wait 2 years before i could file.
Old 15 February 2005, 01:01 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by ProperCharlie
Dont be stupid, if your doing it for satisfaction purposes do it properly...

http://www.airforce-technology.com/c...tal/image3.jpg

Old 15 February 2005, 01:02 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Freak
hire a hitman
cheaper and more satisfying
Hello

I'll second the hitman idea ...

Steve.
Old 15 February 2005, 01:05 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Or a female hit person of course ...

Old 15 February 2005, 01:08 PM
Gidney&Knowlesy
Scooby Regular

To get a divorce in England and Wales, you need to show that you have been married for more than a year and that the marriage has “irretrievably broken down”. To do this you need to establish that you have grounds for divorce based on one of the following:

Adultery. Your spouse has committed adultery and you find it intolerable to live together.
Unreasonable Behaviour. Your spouse has behaved in such a way that you cannot reasonably be expected to live together.
Two-Year Separation With Consent. You have been separated for 2 years and your spouse agrees to divorce.
Five-Year Separation. You have been separated for 5 years.
Desertion. Your spouse deserted you more than 2 years ago. We strongly recommend that desertion is avoided. If you want to base your divorce on desertion, please see a solicitor.
Depending on which option you choose, we will provide you with all the necessary documentation and guidance required to complete your Divorce Application quickly, easily, and with a minimum of stress and discomfort…

Available from all good solicitors....
Old 15 February 2005, 01:16 PM
ChrisB

Can we get back on track please folks?
Old 15 February 2005, 03:37 PM
Party Bird
Scooby Regular

It will only take a few months as there is nothing to share out etc etc. Solicitors have advised me of that, as Im going through something quite similiar.

If she wants a divorce, then is it really worth trying to win her back? Or is it worth causing more hassle to try and hold on to her? I'm sure its not gonna be worth the extra hurt in the long run.
Old 15 February 2005, 04:00 PM
Southern Guy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Party Bird
It will only take a few months as there is nothing to share out etc etc. Solicitors have advised me of that, as Im going through something quite similiar.

If she wants a divorce, then is it really worth trying to win her back? Or is it worth causing more hassle to try and hold on to her? I'm sure its not gonna be worth the extra hurt in the long run.
Thing is, she thinks i have cheated, i wouldnt have ever done anything to harm her, let alone cheated, i can say quite openly and honestly to say that i lied a few times, but that was not real bad lies but ones to stop hurt, which is a problem of mine in the past cause they always get found out.

This women is the only women in my life that i have felt seriously about marrying and being with for the rest of my life, i am a soppy git i know. But i have to try and get her to see that i havent done anything well not that i havent owned up too.

People make mistakes every day, all yo ucan do after is own up to them and move forward and hope the judgement goes in your favour, in this case it didnt. Trust has been lost and it is important in a marriage/relaitionship but as they were saying on Trisha just this morning, trust can be lost in one instance, and you may feel you cant trust that person then to get it back you are going to have to want to be with that person and love them, otherwise you are right fighting losing battles. and it takes time.

I would take a lie detector test myself to prove i havent cheated, or wanted to cheat, i ruined my own life and by the sounds of it hers in the short term.

I have a job which starts very soon which is in another country for 3 months, which i have taken, there is no internet so i am lucky because i find it far too easy to want to contact her, these 3 months will be very hard for me, but i needed to do something which stops me from going mad.

I went through a break up years ago and it all went sour, and argueing etc fighting happened, i learnt from that and all i am is nice and as much as it will surprise people i havent lied/bent the truth for a very long time now and all i am hoping is that these vibrations of how i have been and how much she means to me....

If anything i want to make my wife happy again, and if i cant i want to see her as happy as possible, which again is another reason for going away, so it gives her some rest from me....

She is my world, i am sure some guys here will understand all/some of that
Old 15 February 2005, 04:25 PM
Southern Guy
Scooby Regular

http://www.savethemarriage.com/?hop=credit

Been reading alot from this guy, there has to be a reason why we married in the first place, all we have to do is get back on track, nothing is unworkable, and you partygirl, i hope u all the best in what you do.
Old 15 February 2005, 04:46 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Southern Guy
http://www.savethemarriage.com/?hop=credit

Been reading alot from this guy, there has to be a reason why we married in the first place, all we have to do is get back on track, nothing is unworkable, and you partygirl, i hope u all the best in what you do.
Hello

I believe that there is always a small chance of a marriage working, but sometimes it just isn't worth the effort and the same problem(s) will arise again a few years later.

Is your wife seeing other people while you are seperated? Was there someone else involved initially? What reason does she state? All questions that will hopefully decide if it's worth it.

Steve.
Old 15 February 2005, 05:05 PM
Southern Guy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by boxst
Hello

I believe that there is always a small chance of a marriage working, but sometimes it just isn't worth the effort and the same problem(s) will arise again a few years later.

Is your wife seeing other people while you are seperated? Was there someone else involved initially? What reason does she state? All questions that will hopefully decide if it's worth it.

Steve.
We have seen each other a few times since, and last sunday was great, we hugged, cried and had a laugh in the 2 hours that i could have ever imagined we could do. The way she nuzzled into my neck and smelt me(my neck) told my heart she wasnt seeing anyone and there isnt anyone else. If this situation was down to just love then we would be together now, it is down to trust.... the reason basically is that if someone flirted with me i would flirt back and once twice i went over the line, which my wife found out about, even though nothing happened, eg me cheating, (NEVER HAVE) i know i did wrong, basically the counsellor put it down to me always wanting to use the pc and my brain was overworking, i havent spoken to any girl on the pc except family and the wife for a long time, and have moved through my problems. I know she is worth it, and i know she loves me and always will...only time will tell if she misses what we had in the begining, and thinks about the core things, and if we can repair trust, cause that is the main thing stopping us rekindling what we have deep down inside...

phew all typed out today, cant you tell i havent really be using the pc....got so much to say
Old 15 February 2005, 05:27 PM
Southern Guy
Scooby Regular

I have got into contact with a mate, who is going to hopefully speak to the wife in the next few days to say that i will be at safestore in Stevenage saturday morning to get all my stuff out of storage and move away, bit of a fairytale thing really that i am hoping she turns up hugs me kisses me and have a fairytale ending and work things out, cause i know what we both want now....stupidity may have cost me this, but i live in hope. thankyou all for your help in the matter, and basically this is my first day on here for a long time, i would let you all know how saturday goes but i wont have a pc there and monday i will be on a plane MAYBE...

This is it for me, last chance if she isnt there, i am giving up the ghost and i promise all of you, even on here that you wont hear from me again, new identity i reckon... new phone, new address, and i will disappear and start life over, somewhere else. cause i wont let myself hurt as much as this again

thanks again, fingers crossed for me.

Thanks for all the people and your private messages, just because your other halves dont want you to know you are talking about this stuff to me. I will be fine i know that, just giving Love a chance.

Last edited by Southern Guy; 15 February 2005 at 06:08 PM.
Old 15 February 2005, 06:06 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Oh, This is so sad. I really hope she does give you hugs and kisses. Good luck.
Old 15 February 2005, 06:38 PM
midget1500
Scooby Regular

good luck
Old 15 February 2005, 06:52 PM
Kosy
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

All the best from me too.
You are doing the right thing, if she isn't there bin her and move on.
Old 19 February 2005, 06:14 PM
Southern Guy
Scooby Regular

No Show. Thanks for Your support.

Au Revoir
Old 19 February 2005, 06:49 PM
midget1500
Scooby Regular

sorry to hear it mate :-(

time to bite the bullet and move on from the sounds of things.
Old 19 February 2005, 07:20 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

good luck guv hope it works out for the best i know its hard to move on but it gets easier with time. get out on the **** with your mates they will see you alright

Last edited by kingofturds; 19 February 2005 at 07:23 PM.
Old 19 February 2005, 09:53 PM
SHESCOOBY
Scooby Regular

i was seperated for 2 years and then went to mu local court pick up some forms and i think i payed 30 quid, this was in the month of October and i received final divorce papers in the december three days before christmas.... now that was a nice christmas present. This was 2 years ago now. Easy to do....

But i think you cant divorce unless you have been married for a year!!!!

Good luck mate

Kaz