Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

how do i go about informing the boss...

Search this Thread

Old 15 February 2005, 11:12 AM
InvisibleMan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do i go about informing the boss...

that is was my idea

git at work says hes had an idea to solve a problem (of which ive mentioned previously to the staff with the problems) to the boss & hes says its a great idea blah blah blah brilliant blah blah blah.

feel like saying it was my idea (bleedin obvious one at that ) to the boss and also mention that while he is sucking up to him he told the client that they had lost all their data & that they should do a "Format c:"

okkkaay telling a client to format their HD then installing windows et all manually themselves... how where they going to get it into the network?...

jeez ok so i take over the job as hes too busy surfing the forums i get into the system then manage to repair windows & create a new profile so they can log in, connect to the network, copy all their data over so i then can start again with a fresh new copy of windows...client is very happy...

i need to learn to be more aggressive, underhanded & suck up to the right people... (because contrary to my sometimes aggressive muthafnucking posts...im not at all...)
Old 15 February 2005, 12:00 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

The world is full of people like that. Maybe if you contacted the client and asked him to thank the boss and tell him it was you who sorted his problems out, you might get a bit of the justice you deserve. Ask him to mention also that the other creep suggested a "format C" too.

Les
Old 15 February 2005, 12:20 PM
InvisibleMan
Scooby Regular

i was assuming by the lack of replies thats how i need to be. Join the rest & be just as selfish, arrogant & would 'stab their mates in the back' mentality just to get up the career ladder....

i do get some genuine thanks which is nice & even from some of the 'staff friendly positive encouragement is always good' type of bosses - just would appreciate some of this good feedback be noticed one in a while...
Old 15 February 2005, 12:22 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

Maybe its because you are invisible?
Old 15 February 2005, 12:35 PM
Big C
Scooby Regular

1. Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
  2. Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
  3. There may be no 'I' in team, but there's a 'ME' if you look hard enough.
  4. Process and Procedure are the last hiding place of people without the wit and wisdom to do their job properly.
  5. Remember that age and treachery will always triumph over youth and ability.
  6. Never do today that which will become someone else’s responsibility tomorrow.
  7. Every time you open your mouth you have this wonderful ability to continually confirm what I think.
  8. Show me a good loser and I'll show you a LOSER!
  9. Put the key of despair into the lock of apathy. Turn the **** of mediocrity slowly and open the gates of despondency - welcome to a day in the average office.
  10. It's the team that matters. Where would The Beatles be without Ringo? If John got Yoko to play drums the history of music would be completely different.
  11. What does a squirrel do in the summer? It buries nuts. Why? Cos then in wintertime he's got something to eat and he won't die. So, collecting nuts in the summer is worthwhile work. Every task you do at work think, would a squirrel do that? Think squirrels. Think nuts.
  12. When confronted by a difficult problem, you can solve it more easily by reducing it to the question, "How would the Lone Ranger handle this?"
  13. Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
  14. If your boss is getting you down, look at him through the prongs of a fork and imagine him in jail.
  15. If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
  16. You don't have to be mad to work here! In fact we ask you to complete a medical questionnaire to ensure that you are not.
  17. If you treat the people around you with love and respect, they will never guess that you're trying to get them sacked.
  18. If at first you don't succeed, remove all evidence you ever tried.
  19. You have to be 100% behind someone, before you can stab them in the back.
  20. If work was so good, the rich would have kept more of it for themselves.
  21. Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do.
  22. There's no 'I' in 'team'. But then there's no 'I' in 'useless smug colleague', either. And there are four in 'platitude-quoting idiot'. Go figure.
  23. Know your limitations and be content with them. Too much ambition results in promotion to a job you can't do.
  24. Make good use of your cylindrical filing unit, the one you mainly keep under your desk.
  25. Quitters never win, winners never quit. But those who never win and never quit are idiots.
  26. If you're gonna be late, then be late and not just 2 minutes - make it an hour and enjoy your breakfast.
  27. Remember the 3 golden rules: 1. It was like that when I got here. 2. I didn't do it. 3. (To your Boss) I like your style.
  28. The office is like an army, and I'm the field general. You're my foot soldiers and customer quality is the WAR!!!
  29. Set out to leave the first vapour trail in the blue-sky scenario.
  30. Statistics are like a lamppost to a drunken man - more for leaning on than illumination.
  31. A problem shared is a problem halved, so is your problem really yours or just half of someone else’s?
  32. Is your work done? Are all pigs fed, watered and ready to fly?....
  33. You don't have to be mad to work here, but you do have to be on time, well presented, a team player, customer service focused and sober!!
  34. I thought I could see the light at the end of the tunnel, but it was just some b*stard with a torch, bringing me more work.
  35. Avoid employing unlucky people - throw half of the pile of CVs in the bin without reading them.
Take it easy mate....it's not worth having a heart attack over!

C

Last edited by Big C; 15 February 2005 at 12:37 PM.
Old 15 February 2005, 05:05 PM
Drunken Bungle Whore
Scooby Regular

You don't have to be like they are - unless you happen to slip your boss a copy of mateys internet access report....

Learn from it - tell your boss your ideas directly next time and make sure amtey hears nothing! Oh - and stop being so damned nice! (except to me!)

To help you along I will have all appropriate discipline materials ready and waiting for when you get home.....
Old 15 February 2005, 05:35 PM
InvisibleMan
Scooby Regular

i have fully recovered all data from another clients machine which also appeared to be of format c: material - another very happy customer

the president of IT is coming in tomorrow just how much *** kissing is going to happen i wonder

Last edited by InvisibleMan; 15 February 2005 at 05:38 PM.
Old 15 February 2005, 05:58 PM
scoob_babe
Scooby Regular

Location: Nobody knows how to tie the simple knots that I know

you're just too nice
maybe net time you could invent a really stupid resolution and sell it to the git and then watch him get laughed down. Otherwise, I'd keep it quiet and go directly to the boss - is the git your line manager but I'm sure Beth has plenty of ideas!
Old 15 February 2005, 07:58 PM
Vegescoob
Scooby Regular

Sorry to say this but imho, some assertiveness training would help you. I know it helped a friend of mine in a similar situation.
See if a local College Of Education offers such courses of an evening.
Old 15 February 2005, 10:59 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by InvisibleMan
.....jeez ok so i take over the job as hes too busy surfing the forums....
Today, 11:12
InvisibleMan
Scooby Regular

Location: somewhere better than you. I don't give a toss about you or your opinions

Pot and Kettle?

Old 16 February 2005, 09:29 AM
InvisibleMan
Scooby Regular

i know ive mentioned that myself its just that i can multitask, typing this while on the phone listening to & remotely connected to a client while also having 2 laptops installing too. he just surfs then pretends not too when someone walks passed.

the guy is supposedly a much higher systems engineer than me, in fact they all are, im just the runt though they couldnt fix the problems it was me so i was quite chuffed with that.

well the it director is here. usually the git who lives not far always comes in last-leaves first came in first when boss'n'director did... what a kiss ***...
Old 16 February 2005, 10:15 AM
Drunken Bungle Whore
Scooby Regular

Just remember to tell the nice American Lady that there's no 'I' in Team, but there is an 'I' in Meat Pie - and Meat is an anagram of Team.....
Old 16 February 2005, 10:17 AM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

i get focked over like this at least once a week by my new manager. Takes my ideas a tells the MD as his own.
Old 16 February 2005, 10:59 AM
InvisibleMan
Scooby Regular

its quite laughable with the amount of false bullsh1te going around - i just need to learn how to do it...
Old 16 February 2005, 11:06 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Nothing wrong in being "nice", its your conscience that matters in the end.

Also nothing wrong with being well aware of people like the other creep and being ahead of the game. There are always ways and means of sorting them out too.

Les