Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Really angry at girlfriends employers!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07 February 2005, 04:26 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Really angry at girlfriends employers!!!

I've just about had enough of my GFs employers. She works for a home care company looking after the old and infirm etc.

Her immediate boss (or team leader) is a complete pain and just dumps her workload on to my GF. For some reason this woman gets away with murder and the owners of the company turn a blind eye to the lot. A number of girls have left citing this woman as the cause but nothing happens. My GF and I wrote a bunch of notes and wrote down incidents we thought needed looking at by the company owners and as yet they've done nothing.

One problem is my GF isn't too good at standing up for herself so shes basically getting bullied. My GF has asked to change to another group with a different leader but the people who decide where each carer go have forced my GF into a really difficult position where she can't do the hours she needs to make it worthwhile working there. It seems so obvious they are trying to push her out for speaking out against the one person.

Funnily enough one of the people who says who goes on which team is also very good friends with this woman causing all the trouble which is such a blag IMO.

I'm soo peeved that these people know exactly whats going on in their own company but do naff all about it but good carers like my GF get pushed out. Fortunately our family survival doesn't depend on 2 incomes so at the very worst she can tell them to stick it but shes worried she won't find another job that can be worked around our daughters schooling.

So blooming mad!!!
Old 07 February 2005, 04:35 PM
andy1505
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a thing called constructive dismissal, long road to go down and a pain in the *** to prove. But sometimes just the mention of those words will bring an employer down to size.
Old 07 February 2005, 04:35 PM
blueone
Scooby Regular

Tell her to jack it in and go for constructive dismissal and suggest other more entertaining means LOL, to bring in the corn for now.
Old 07 February 2005, 04:40 PM
richardg
Scooby Regular

speak informally to a lawyer first and they'll tell you, bearing in mind your GF's position, workload, usual practice within the company, type of employment etc what you will need to build a good constructive dismissal case before she jacks it in
Old 07 February 2005, 04:43 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Does your GF belong to any union? Presumably not.She can leave for getting bullied and as others are saying here, she can go for constructive dismissal.She can always have advice from your local C.A.B.
All the best
Old 07 February 2005, 07:07 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Echo the comments about speaking to the CAB, they are rather good.

Worth mentioning the phrase "looking into legal action" and "constructive dismissial" to the people who are turning a blind eye, might knock them up enough to pull their collective thumbs out of their *****.

Wonder if the local media is interested in the woe of a poor worker whose being shat on by her employers?
Old 07 February 2005, 08:01 PM
john_s
Scooby Regular

Just a note to add that if you don't follow the statutory grievance procedures, any award made by a tribunal will be reduced (by 50%?).

John.

Trending Topics

Old 08 February 2005, 08:45 AM
mad_dr
Scooby Regular

Angry

It really angers me to think that good carers like your girlfriend are being pushed out leaving elderly people (who - let's face it - could be our parents or grandparents and one day; maybe even us!) at the mercy of people who clearly don't give a toos about anyone but themselves.

No wonder there's so much abuse taking place in care homes: they've got rid of all the good staff!

PSLewis - are they looking after you, mate?!
Old 08 February 2005, 10:08 AM
Gordo
Scooby Regular

Best bet is for your girlfriend to get another job. Sod all chance of proving constructive dismissal - sometimes personalities don't work together; accept it and move on.
Old 08 February 2005, 01:06 PM
Drunken Bungle Whore
Scooby Regular

Sounds like this is a private care home so things may be different but this may be of help.

Following a number of cases - eg Beverly Allitt (angel of death who killed lots of kids) - there were a whole raft of new guidelines bought in within the NHS for people within the caring sectors. Apologies, but for the life of me I can't remember the names and details, but will have a think/ dig around.

The jist of the legislation was that every nurse (for example) MUST have an alternate line of report to someone not directly associated with their line manager. Reason being that in the Beverly Allitt case a couple of nurses who worked under her had suspicions, but had no idea who to raise them with as she was their boss.

If the owner is good friends with her then that is unlikely to satisfy the requirements.

You really need to take sound legal advice from a solicitor who is able to advise on employmeny law within the caring professions.

Sorry to be vague.