Unofficial "Use Your F'in Indicators" rant thread

Search this Thread

Old 12 January 2005, 05:27 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Unofficial "Use Your F'in Indicators" rant thread

"Use Your F'in Indicators"

Nearly knocked down a couple of times whilst walking the dog.

"Use Your F'in Indicators"

Sat in my car today whilst 5 people failed to indicate off a busy roundabout.

"Use Your F'in Indicators" PLEASE

Feel better now, thanks.
Old 12 January 2005, 05:28 PM
ethanrob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How many BMW's in them there cars matey?
Old 12 January 2005, 05:29 PM
Pedro_79
Scooby Regular

Problem is, they don't even realise they're (not) doing it!

It's pure lazyness.....
Old 12 January 2005, 05:33 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

The arseholes, one male, one female - in a Forester - who nearly knocked me down knew about it when I punched their windows.
Old 12 January 2005, 05:58 PM
Frosty The Snowman
Scooby Regular

I would say it's not the BMW/Merc drivers that are the main culprits here. Most of the people I see doing it are regular family cars and rep mobiles.

I'm just guessing they have the 'why bother, it doesn't affect me' attitude which is odd cos they must get pi$$ed off when someone else does it to them????
Old 12 January 2005, 07:15 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

Happenin more and more - motorway manouvres a favourite - lazy fat bastads - unless its way too late I tend to deliberatley pull out in front of them on roundabouts - makes me feel better!!
Old 12 January 2005, 07:22 PM
sherlock
Scooby Regular

I think that most cars have these "indicator" things as an optional extra and people just can't afford to have them put on.

But you are right it is annoying and dangerous!

Sherlock
Old 12 January 2005, 07:29 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Happened to me this morning on the roundabout approaching the slip road for J19 of the M25. I'm indicating left to go on to the sliproad - dozy sod on my inside decides he wants to go right round the roundabout - no signals - he just carries on going. How I missed him I don't know. I don't think I have ever hit the brakes as hard as I did this morning. It was so close, I didn't have time to even get angry or question his parentage. How much effort does it take just to raise you hand and turn on the indicator???

Last edited by Chris L; 12 January 2005 at 07:47 PM.
Old 12 January 2005, 07:42 PM
4X4BOB
Scooby Regular

Angry

Its just as bad with some drivers using indicators - I don't have enough fingers to count the number of times I've been waiting to pull out of a T-junction and an approaching car has been indicating left as if they are going to turn off only to then carry straight on
luckily I have the sense to not trust indicators so do not pull out in the above situation, so preventing an accident.

And don't get me started on those idiots that think if they put their indicator on it gives them the right to pull out into your path

Bob
Old 12 January 2005, 07:58 PM
douglasb
Scooby Regular

It's the ***** on roundabouts that don't have a clue about using indicators that get to me.

For example, at a roundabout on a dual carriageway where I'm waiting to go straight ahead but there is traffic on the roundabout (imagine I'm at the "six o' clock" position). Think there might be a gap coming up as the car just past the three o' clock position is indicating left suggesting that it will be taking the next (my) exit. Something in the back of the mind (possibly a subliminal clue like it being a Hyundai Accent) says, "Just wait until they're past as even though they're in the outside lane of the roundabout and indicating that they're pulling off at the next exit, I just don't believe something".

Sure enough, they go sailing past the exit that they are indicating that they are going to take. Hit someone who's already on the roundabout and whose fault is that?

I almost prefer people who don't indicate to those who don't have a fecking clue.
Old 12 January 2005, 09:47 PM
*Sonic*
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

BMW's are fitted with indicator lenses but no bulbs

Old 12 January 2005, 09:53 PM
Vegescoob
Scooby Regular

Have none of you passed your mindreading test?
The idiots know where they're going.
So should you!
Old 12 January 2005, 09:58 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You lot would hate Holland then. I reckon at least one out of three of all cars doesn't bother to indicate - and that includes the bloody police too! I was following a police Focus on my way home and he took the third exit off a roundabout without once using his indicators.
I drove 40 miles down to my in-laws a few months back without signalling once and I must admit it did feel good!

On the otherhand you don't see any hotheads/roadragers in the rush-hour and people usually do let you out into traffic, so I can't complain too much I suppose. ..

Suresh
Old 12 January 2005, 11:42 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Last Thursday I nearly T-boned some silly bint in a Tigra who went right round an island with the left indicator on, I approached the island, slowed, looked, noticed the car indicating to come of the island, and seemed positioned to do so (on the very outside), so eased off the brakes to carry on....

Problem was, she didn't get off the at the exit, and wasn't exactly pootling round. So I had to go heavy on to the anchors at the last minute. Only to make it worse when I hit a sunken manhole cover a tripped the ABS off (I'm sure everyone has been there...imminent danger, and then abs decides butt its nose in when it's not needed and make matters worse).

My fault for a approching a bit too fast and taking her signalling for granted....but the situation would have never ocurrred if she...

USED HER F'IN INDICATORS CORRECTLY

- Her male partner in the passenger seat looked very alarmed (had the same "oh **** expression on his face as I did - complete eye contact too )when I headed for his door (before steering round the car). Hopefully, he realised her error and told her to either indicate correctly or not to bother with them at all.

Last edited by ALi-B; 12 January 2005 at 11:44 PM.
Old 12 January 2005, 11:52 PM
Lum
Scooby Regular

You're right about police not indicating.
Traffic copper trying to turn right across my path on a busy local road, I knew he was trying to turn right because that's the way to the police station, but he didn't bother to signal, just sat there like a lemon as the slow moving traffic remained bunched up.

I didn't bother to let him out either, if he'd signalled I would have done. He was still there by the time I lost sight of him.
Old 13 January 2005, 06:11 AM
STi-Frenchie
Scooby Regular

Modifying your car is a huge hobby for motorists in France. The first mod everyone does - and I think this is required by law - is to remove that "extra" bit on the steering column which sticks out and gets in the way when you are trying to eat a baguette whilst driving.