F.a.o. Milo

Search this Thread

Old 04 January 2005, 01:01 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F.a.o. Milo

Alright fella

you seem to know a fair bit about the old weightlifting game.
have you or do you know anyone that has tried Tribex
and is it any good etc.

Cheers mate

Carl
Old 04 January 2005, 01:06 PM
super_si
Scooby Regular

just done a google search supps are aload ****e just buy the real deal steriod
Old 04 January 2005, 01:17 PM
milo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Chief
Alright fella

you seem to know a fair bit about the old weightlifting game.
have you or do you know anyone that has tried Tribex
and is it any good etc.

Cheers mate

Carl
hey bro... tribex is biotest's offering of tribulus terrestris. i have used a different brand of trib before, and for me it did nothing. i get my test levels checked regularly, and there was no difference.

that said, studies have indicated as much of a 40% increase in natural test levels from taking trib.. however, i would put money that a manufacturer of trib commissioned that study. also, other studies have showed no difference.

i would suggest that it may be useful if your test levels are low for a specific reason, such as in pct after running steroids when your natty test levels have been supressed. but for the average person who's test levels are normal, i dont believe the 40% figure or even close - ive even found my own results to be no different.

is there any particular reason why you want to take this? do you have reason to believe your test levels are low?
Old 04 January 2005, 01:21 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Cheers mate

No i dont believe they are low
(well i can still hang a bath towel off of it ha ha)

I take Whey protein and L-glutamine i just thought i might give this
a go to give it a bit of a boost without resorting to the old anabolic route.

Thanks
Old 04 January 2005, 01:26 PM
milo
Scooby Regular

Cheers mate

No i dont believe they are low
(well i can still hang a bath towel off of it ha ha)

I take Whey protein and L-glutamine i just thought i might give this
a go to give it a bit of a boost without resorting to the old anabolic route.

Thanks
diet makes more of a difference. you can significantly increase your test levels endogenously with the right diet and lifting routine.

i'll be shocked if you notice a difference with trib. then again, i'm not a fan of glutamine supplementation either, other than for a psychological edge, as even by consuming mass quantities, you only end up with a theraputic dose due to your body breaking it down.

very few supplements actually work sadly.
Old 04 January 2005, 01:29 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Doesn't stop millions of people buying them though, bizarrely.

In my opinion, a decent protein supplement is the only thing you really need to take in addition to a decent diet if you're looking to put muscle on, short of going the real-deal drugs route. Apart from a short-term placebo effect, almost all supplements provide nothing that you can't get from decent food.
Old 04 January 2005, 01:32 PM
super_si
Scooby Regular

Agree with tel dont buy every supp you see
Old 04 January 2005, 01:35 PM
SeanT
Scooby Regular

Cool Thread HIJACK!!!..but same subject..ish...:)

I have been doing the gym for about the last year and have noticed some differences with weight loss and bulking up a bit...I take 2 supplements...1 creatine serum...and 2. myopro Protein.....really want to step up my workouts this year and get a little more serious as my diet was a bit irratic and I tend to go to the gym 4 times a week with a mix of cardio and weights...so was thinking do my supplements seem ok or can i get better, I do feel the serum really works for me and my strength increases and recovery rates are really noticeable, is there a better protein, I only take the current one after each session...should i take it more than once a day??/...and lastly should i instead of mixing cardio and weights split them into different days??

Apprectiate any input...
Old 04 January 2005, 01:37 PM
milo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TelBoy
Doesn't stop millions of people buying them though, bizarrely.
too true. its down to the absolute genius (albeit hypocritical) marketing of the products.

that and the fact that its natural instinct of people to believe that there's a shortcut.

gullable desperate people + clever marketing = $$$
Old 04 January 2005, 01:40 PM
milo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SeanT
I have been doing the gym for about the last year and have noticed some differences with weight loss and bulking up a bit...I take 2 supplements...1 creatine serum...and 2. myopro Protein.....really want to step up my workouts this year and get a little more serious as my diet was a bit irratic and I tend to go to the gym 4 times a week with a mix of cardio and weights...so was thinking do my supplements seem ok or can i get better, I do feel the serum really works for me and my strength increases and recovery rates are really noticeable, is there a better protein, I only take the current one after each session...should i take it more than once a day??/...and lastly should i instead of mixing cardio and weights split them into different days??

Apprectiate any input...
yes, split up your cardio and weights sessions. you're trying to do thermodynamically opposite things at each session - they need to be split.

your supplements are fine - creatine is one of the very few proven supplements, and whey protein is useful post-workout (not at other times tho). dextrose pwo is also useful.

other than that, sort your diet out. this is key. diet is 80% of your results.

as long as you're able to lift more weight and/or do more reps than your previous session, you're doing okay. as soon as you can't, you're doing something wrong.
Old 04 January 2005, 01:44 PM
SeanT
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by milo
yes, split up your cardio and weights sessions. you're trying to do thermodynamically opposite things at each session - they need to be split.

your supplements are fine - creatine is one of the very few proven supplements, and whey protein is useful post-workout (not at other times tho). dextrose pwo is also useful.

other than that, sort your diet out. this is key. diet is 80% of your results.

as long as you're able to lift more weight and/or do more reps than your previous session, you're doing okay. as soon as you can't, you're doing something wrong.
Every session I should be increasing weights??...I was trying to up my weights every week before, maybe this is an area i need to change aswell....

Any ideas where I can get a good diet plan from???

Thanks for all the advice
Old 04 January 2005, 01:47 PM
milo
Scooby Regular

Every session I should be increasing weights??...I was trying to up my weights every week before, maybe this is an area i need to change aswell....

Any ideas where I can get a good diet plan from???

Thanks for all the advice
yes, every session you should either be able to lift more weight, or lift the same weight as before for more reps. if you can't, then its most likely that you're either overtraining or undereating. the reason why most people don't progress is that they destroy their bodies in a session, not giving it a chance to recover. if you're repeating a workout with the same weights, then it's not productive. this is what people fail to realize most of the time, and also the reason why most people stay small.

post up your current diet and i'll critique it if you like. you'll only get the basics tho. a proper diet needs to be bespoke based on your metabolism, diet history, training, goals etc tho.
Old 04 January 2005, 01:57 PM
SeanT
Scooby Regular

Default Diet..

Originally Posted by milo
yes, every session you should either be able to lift more weight, or lift the same weight as before for more reps. if you can't, then its most likely that you're either overtraining or undereating. the reason why most people don't progress is that they destroy their bodies in a session, not giving it a chance to recover. if you're repeating a workout with the same weights, then it's not productive. this is what people fail to realize most of the time, and also the reason why most people stay small.

post up your current diet and i'll critique it if you like. you'll only get the basics tho. a proper diet needs to be bespoke based on your metabolism, diet history, training, goals etc tho.

Thanks mate..this is generally what i would eat

Breakfast - Apple, orange and banana cuppa tea no sugar
Gym 10am -12
Protein Drink
Lunch - Either salad and plain chicken or Plain chicken sandwich on granary or Jacket potato and beans
Tea - Loads of veg/ few potatos with either Fish/lamb/steak
the bad bit...2 glasses of red wine...

Thanks
Old 04 January 2005, 04:55 PM
mo,s scoobymonster
Scooby Regular

hi mate im not a pro like milo but your diet defo needs to get sorted. firstly your breakfast is not existant, you should have oats if ya can or porridge with either eggs. the reason being you need carbs in the morning aswell as protein, and you go to the gym in the morning you don't have carbs and your body would be strugling. after the gym drink the pint of protein shake. then lunch have your chicken with brown rice. then mid afternoon have another protein dink and plenty of fruit. your tea seems fime and again in the evening have some fruit or some chicken. but the main thing is to get some more protein in your diet and to have sufficient carbs aswell.

thats my novice plan mate but will pass you over to milo he'l tell ya exactly
Old 04 January 2005, 05:47 PM
milo
Scooby Regular

Breakfast - Apple, orange and banana cuppa tea no sugar
Gym 10am -12
Protein Drink
Lunch - Either salad and plain chicken or Plain chicken sandwich on granary or Jacket potato and beans
Tea - Loads of veg/ few potatos with either Fish/lamb/steak
the bad bit...2 glasses of red wine...
yes this is definitely whats holding u back.

you need to be taking in protein at least every 3 hours. your body needs the constant input of aminos. the rest of your diet largely depends on your goals - whether you want to add muscle or lose fat.

you need carbs and protein first thing, especially as you do your workout early morning. you also need carbs post-workout along with your protein. there's also a total lack of good fats in your diet.. these are vital no matter what your goal is.

you need to eat much more frequently also. the alcohol definitely needs to go, as this has been shown to reduce test levels and sap your body of nutrients.
Old 04 January 2005, 07:02 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Hi Milo

My diet is pretty good no processed crap an all that but i am guilty of eating a lot of bread but i am still fairly overweight

The problem is if i cut down i lose weight but my strength just disapears and i feel like crap but if i eat loads i am superstrong and feel great.

What cardio should i be doing

Thanks again
Old 04 January 2005, 07:08 PM
milo
Scooby Regular

Hi Milo

My diet is pretty good no processed crap an all that but i am guilty of eating a lot of bread but i am still fairly overweight

The problem is if i cut down i lose weight but my strength just disapears and i feel like crap but if i eat loads i am superstrong and feel great.

What cardio should i be doing

Thanks again
cut bodyfat first. the leaner you are, the higher proportion of lean mass you gain when gaining weight. if you already have high levels of bodyfat, then any attempt to gain muscle will result in more fat being added too.

when cutting, keep your protein extremely high, carbs low-to-moderate and fats moderate. if you get your calories right, you shouldn't lose any strength while cutting. in fact, unless you're an advanced bodybuilder, you should certainly be able to gain strength while losing fat assuming your diet and training are correct.

cardio depends on your body type. for most people, 3-4 times a week of 45mins low intensity cardio works nicely. some respond better to high intensity interval training, but others end up horribly catabolic from this.
Old 04 January 2005, 07:10 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Cheers fella

Very much appreciated
Old 05 January 2005, 09:36 AM
SeanT
Scooby Regular

Cool Diet

Thanks for the advice....a few more questions...

You suggest more carbs and protein in the morning, would porridge and eggs give me what I require or is there anything else you can suggest to give me what i need.....also should I add pasta or brown rice to my evening meal??...and I will add another protein shake to my daily diet aswell......and i will try and cut back the wine...

Ta
Ill keep you updated on how things go with the new suggested diet...
Old 05 January 2005, 09:41 AM
super_si
Scooby Regular

my diets off a Nutritional consultant.
My break fast 100g oats in porridge + 20g protein in water. Next means 5 eggs at 10

Si
Old 05 January 2005, 01:11 PM
milo
Scooby Regular

You suggest more carbs and protein in the morning, would porridge and eggs give me what I require or is there anything else you can suggest to give me what i need.....also should I add pasta or brown rice to my evening meal??...and I will add another protein shake to my daily diet aswell......and i will try and cut back the wine...
yes, oats and egg whites are ideal for breakfast.

adding pasta or brown rice to an evening meal is only appropriate depending on your body type and goals.

adding another protein shake is nowhere near as good as adding real protein sources, such as chicken, eggs, tuna, red meat etc. whey protein is absorbed too quickly to be of much use other than post-workout.