Something Britain Appears to lack

Search this Thread

Old 14 December 2004, 05:28 PM
farmer1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Something Britain Appears to lack

Customer Service

So I find myself frustrated that the power supply unit on my external DVD re-writer has packed up, then go online to order one and find the website doesn't work correctly. How am I going to get over this, well first of all I will email the company.

Find out the company is based in France and email them with the problem and what I was trying to order.

They email me back, in perfect English telling me that they are sorry the site does not function correctly for me and that they can sned me a replacement if I provide my card details.

Follow this by a phone call to them to give details.

I then recieve a personalised email of confirmation and an email when they sent the goods.

3 days later my product arrives.

Ahh they have sent the wrong one.

So I send the parcel back with an explanation letter and my faulty unit and email them.

To which they reply that the unit I am after is dearer but they will cover the increase in cost and resending of unit.

And that they will send me the one they sent me, the faulty one and the correct one back.

Job done, I now await arrival.

So there you have it, I have recieved goods via post in a quick time from another country, the goods are well but not overly packaged. I have received personal emails throughout each stage. I have been able to converse with french people without using any French. They have taken responsibility for sending the wrong unit due to misunderstanding and have not passed the blame. I have spoke to one person throughout and they have not passed me to other people to deal with.

This is what this country lacks, people going out of the way to help each other.
Old 14 December 2004, 05:41 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by farmer1
3 days later my product arrives.

Ahh they have sent the wrong one.

lol...sounds great!
Old 14 December 2004, 05:46 PM
farmer1
Scooby Regular

Yes my point is that it was easy to sort out, they havent given me the run around. Like some companies Dabs etc
Old 14 December 2004, 05:48 PM
Flatcapdriver
Scooby Regular

You're right. This country is going to the dogs, no-one is prepared to go that extra mile anymore and customer service doesn't exist in the UK and it never did. I've no idea how this country continues to function, nothing works, nobody cares and everything, I mean everything, is better everywhere else!

We inherited the world's fourth largest economy by default, nobody in this country contributed to it at all - it's just a fluke. I mean, look at Vodafone. It's only the largest mobile telecom company in the world and how did it get there? Sheer bl++dy luck I reckon. It is after all a British company and we all know how sh+t British things are don't we? You only have to look out the door and see how bad the roads/railways/chavs/litter/scameras/towns/lack of consideration/housing costs/police/NHS/doctors/nurses/old people/companies/Government/opposition/muppets who voted them in/muppets who didn't vote for them/w+anker who didn't wave at me the other day in my scoob/cost of petrol etc etc are.

It beggars belief as to why we even have a population of native English speakers left as I'm sure everyone is leaving/intending to leave/thinking about leaving or just suggesting they might leave. Let's all up sticks and go to those wonderful countries where everything works so well/is cheaper/has a better quality of life/pays less/ pays more/has better weather/nicer scenery/better roads/more bureucracy/less scameras etc etc.

Once we've all moved abroad we can then complain about the locals and how the country is too Spanish or too French and how the roads are congested and how that barsteward Marcel in the local bread shop tried to stitch me up the other day, but oh no, I was far too sharp to fall for being short changed matey. After all, we invented fleecing customers a long time before you foreign johnnies dreamt it up because EVERYTHING IS WORSE IN BRITAIN.
Old 14 December 2004, 05:53 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Careful - you'll burst a blood vessel
Old 14 December 2004, 05:56 PM
Flatcapdriver
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ALi-B

Careful - you'll burst a blood vessel
Probably.
Old 14 December 2004, 06:02 PM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

Service is often regarded as a dirty word in the UK and equated with being servile.

Canada may not be perfect, but it puts the UK to shame when it comes to customer service.