Search this Thread

Old 18 November 2004, 09:04 PM
sim_one
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default you must look at this photo blocker

please look at what i found its a miricale no more speed limits yes yes yes
http://www.photoblocker.com

Last edited by sim_one; 18 November 2004 at 09:14 PM.
Old 18 November 2004, 09:55 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Tell you what: you use it, drive through a speed camera at 100mph and let us know how it goes
Old 18 November 2004, 09:59 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

ive just bought some of ebay we will see

its here if anyone wants some i paid £13.50 delivered.

jamo
Old 18 November 2004, 11:12 PM
Lum
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by j4mou
ive just bought some of ebay we will see

its here if anyone wants some i paid £13.50 delivered.

jamo
Can you take some photos of the back of your car with a flash camera in the daylight and in the dark to test it?
best check the negatives too.
the police film readers have all sorts of zoom and brightness and contrast controls and other stuff that I don't understand but it makes those numberplates readable.
Old 18 November 2004, 11:14 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

yeah I will when it arrives. Ile do digital as well as normal film, as there is no mention of detection from digital imaging?! theres a lot of digital camera in the uk, ie specs etc.

jamo
Old 19 November 2004, 12:14 AM
Comper100
Scooby Regular

Let us know how it goes, i was gonna buy some of that a few months ago but didn't get round to it! I'd like to know whether it over exposes the piccy. Only trouble is what happens if your cars gets dirty and covers the plate in a film of poo, do that mean it wont work?

Comper100
Old 19 November 2004, 12:36 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

it mentions on the actual website that it never fades, and dosent go yellow!

so should be ok

heres their website

hth

jamo

Last edited by Jamo; 19 November 2004 at 12:39 AM.
Old 19 November 2004, 12:50 AM
Lum
Scooby Regular

It wond do digital. it's supposed to reflect the flash and thus overexpose the film. Digital photos dont use a flash.
It might do truvelos if it reflects the infrared, but TBH I dont think it will do anything. I've seen police film readers in operation and they're pretty damn good.
Old 19 November 2004, 12:53 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

comper if your local to me, when i have done mine come and use it i can only presume there will be plenty in a can?

james
Old 19 November 2004, 01:02 AM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Spoken about at length time and time again on here !!!

will say it again, check the amount off uk press / tv publicity this stuff has attracted,check there us site www.photoblocker.com and you will read a whole load off tv / press testimonials on this stuff, check the photos produced by the swedish police`s own offical test off this stuff.

certainly convinced me !!
and out off all the cans sold worldwide have you ever heard / read off one person who has found it not to work ??
plenty came forward to say there £50 anti flash plates did not work when they found out the hard way !! am sure folks would do soon do the same with this very stuff ??!!

have been advised that this spray has been tested on ch51`s driven tv programme ?? - anyone know the outcome off the test if it has been shown yet??
also note it will only work with original gatso flash cameras and too be fair normally under nite time flash conditions only, specs, laser, etc cameras forgett it !!!

anyone else use it ?? seen any other test results ?? heard off anyone who has found out the hard way that it does not work ??!!

lastly !! have seen similar stuff on ebay, etc known as " safe plate " same idea / same stuff ?? but being marketed for uk use ie designed for perspex reg plates ( uk ) as opposed to whatever material is used in the us for plates ??

certainly worth £20 off my money anyway !!! in fact I was actually given the stuff foc by the us company " photoblocker " to evaluate the stuff over a length off time , and no it doesnt just wash off !! doesnt show up in rear cars headlights either !! have it on my own car and bikes plates and there is no visable difference to the way the actual plates look, slightly glossier if anything ???

cheers,
john

p.s forgott to mention forgett self tests by use off your own digital camera, the flash is nothing like as strong as a gatso cameras one and will not be a true test, this is mentioned in the instructions when you purchase the stuff.
Old 19 November 2004, 08:12 AM
_Meridian_
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just remember that it's illegal to use it, and that the offence is "attempting to pervert the course of justice" - for which you could (in theory) go to prison. Compare that with the penalty for speeding.

M
Old 19 November 2004, 11:47 AM
IanW
Scooby Regular

The Road Vehicles (Display of Registration Marks) Regulations 2001

http://www.hmso.gov.uk/si/si2001/20010561.htm#11

Further requirements for registration plates
11. - (1) No reflex-reflecting material may be applied to any part of a registration plate and the plate must not be treated in such a way that the characters of the registration mark become, or are caused to act as, retroreflective characters.

(2) A registration plate must not be treated in any other way which renders the characters of the registration mark less easily distinguishable to the eye or which would prevent or impair the making of a true photographic image of the plate through the medium of camera and film or any other device.
Old 24 November 2004, 12:03 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

mine arrived this morning, i left feedback and noticed a bloke called comper100 also left feedback so I guess you had a go then?

I waiting for my new private plates to arrive so I will spray them then.

as for the above comment about legality.

give a ****! there policemen are happy to hide behind walls with laser guns, so im happy to clean my plates with wonder spray it just happens to be called photoblocker cleaner

jamo
Old 24 November 2004, 12:07 PM
+Doc+
Scooby Senior

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

I`ve got a better idea, dont run red lights and dont speed, works everytime and costs bugger all
Old 24 November 2004, 12:23 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jono300
Spoken about at length time and time again on here !!!

will say it again, check the amount off uk press / tv publicity this stuff has attracted,check there us site www.photoblocker.com and you will read a whole load off tv / press testimonials on this stuff, check the photos produced by the swedish police`s own offical test off this stuff.

certainly convinced me !!
Anecdotes and adverts don't do much for me

and out off all the cans sold worldwide have you ever heard / read off one person who has found it not to work ??
Yup - try here or here

plenty came forward to say there £50 anti flash plates did not work when they found out the hard way !! am sure folks would do soon do the same with this very stuff ??!!
See above...

--snip--
also note it will only work with original gatso flash cameras and too be fair normally under nite time flash conditions only, specs, laser, etc cameras forgett it !!!
--snip--
Great - pretty much useless then
Old 24 November 2004, 12:24 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

mine arrived this morning, i left feedback and noticed a bloke called comper100 also left feedback so I guess you had a go then?

I waiting for my new private plates to arrive so I will spray them then.

as for the above comment about legality.

give a ****! there policemen are happy to hide behind walls with laser guns, so im happy to clean my plates with wonder spray it just happens to be called photoblocker cleaner

jamo
As mentioned before - as long as you only pass Gatsos and at night, you'll be fine, otherwise expect a NIP if you think you can drive around with impunity because of this spray.
Old 24 November 2004, 01:36 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

I dont generally go around speeding, as my 100% clean licence shows, but. if did go through one and didnt realise, if this helps then for the sake of £13 ile give it a go.

Old 24 November 2004, 01:42 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

I dont generally go around speeding, as my 100% clean licence shows, but. if did go through one and didnt realise, if this helps then for the sake of £13 ile give it a go.

Sorry but if you can drive pass a damn great yellow box at the side of the road without noticing it, you shouldn't be driving anyway. Speed cameras are pointless but if you get caught by one it should be a ban IMO as it shows you were driving whilst half asleep anyway. Mobile cameras, now that's a little bit more cat and mouse
Old 24 November 2004, 01:59 PM
Comper100
Scooby Regular

Bought my can on ebay the other day, will let you know how i get on!

Comper100
Old 24 November 2004, 02:04 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Comper100
Bought my can on ebay the other day, will let you know how i get on!

Comper100
Are you sufficiently confident in the product to drive past 7 or 8 cameras (in case some have no film) at significantly above the speed limit to test it? Are you prepared to risk it with Truvelos??
Old 24 November 2004, 02:29 PM
Cold Turkey
Scooby Regular

Cool

well said J4mou ... personally I think you've just wasted £13 ... but if it works even once it'll be £13 well spent
Old 24 November 2004, 02:51 PM
Comper100
Scooby Regular

The term belt and braces comes to mind , I have a road angel to so i know where everything is!

I don't care i just like to be sure, the goverment has enough money of me thankyou, rather spend 13 quid of my own accord than 60 quid against my will!

Comper100