Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Help with Criminal record

Search this Thread

Old 08 November 2004, 06:19 PM
pblakeway
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Criminal record

Can anyone advise me on where to go/who to speak with re criminal records.

I was a bit naughty when i was younger and cannot remember exactly everything i have done,and certainly cant remember dates. i have to disclose everything on a form im filling out and ive been informed the rehabilitation of offenders act wont apply.

Everything ive done was fairly minor, and wont go against me unless i dont disclose it. not disclosing everything and then something 'popping up' at a later date i had completely forgot about would look very bad.

Cheers
Old 08 November 2004, 07:26 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pblakeway

I was a bit naughty when i was younger and cannot remember exactly everything i have done,and certainly cant remember dates. i have to disclose everything on a form im filling out and ive been informed the rehabilitation of offenders act wont apply.

Everything ive done was fairly minor, and wont go against me unless i dont disclose it. not disclosing everything and then something 'popping up' at a later date i had completely forgot about would look very bad.

Cheers

bit naughty!!! lovable rogue???

far be it to cast aspertions.... if it was only a few hiccups they should be fairly easy to remember..

or are we into 36 pages of A4???

surley if you contact the local nick and ask for a copy of your record (data protection act, they must oblige)

failing that probation service

mart
Old 08 November 2004, 07:36 PM
King Eric
Scooby Regular

Most jobs state any convictions/cautions in the last 5 years.....is that what yours says?
Old 08 November 2004, 07:42 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by King Eric
Most jobs state any convictions/cautions in the last 5 years.....is that what yours says?

Certain jobs e.g. one that needs MOD security clearance require you to disclose ALL convictions, including motoring offences!
Old 08 November 2004, 08:25 PM
Scoobybert
Scooby Newbie

Cheers
Try www.disclosure.gov.uk as they are the related to the Criminal Records Bureau who keep records on naughty people (who have been caught). Some posts are exempt from Rehabilitation of Offenders Act eg some healthcare, legal and financial roles and thus offences never become "spent". Website is pretty user friendly and comprehensive.

Best wishes

edited to add: also try www.crb.gov.uk as I think the disclosure service is for employers only. Maybe the local police station can point you in the right direction for info too?

Last edited by Scoobybert; 08 November 2004 at 08:31 PM. Reason: extra info
Old 08 November 2004, 08:34 PM
mj
Scooby Regular

cannot remember exactly everything i have done
what can you remember then?

c'mon, own up
Old 08 November 2004, 10:22 PM
pblakeway
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the advice everyone, i have looked at disclosure and CRB, however these do seem to be for employers only, i looked at the data protection (thought i could demand a copy )but it appears they dont store any data until after they do a search on you, which has to be done through an employer..

I guess its down the local police station and ask them.

Ta
Paul
Old 08 November 2004, 11:05 PM
homerdog
Scooby Regular

The Court(s) where you were convicted keep the records and will be able to provide you with copies. I am assuming you can remember them!
Old 08 November 2004, 11:26 PM
pblakeway
Scooby Regular

i thought about that but they wont have records of cautions from the police will they ?

is there any way of getting a crb/police check as an individual, and will these also list everything ?
Old 08 November 2004, 11:41 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I had to get my own police register check, for a job (I think my current one). Went down the local nick, filled in a form, paid a tenner. I think it's a tenner for each register, there are about three, I only needed the one. They'll explain to you.

Not sure if anyone except you (and Very Important Employers / legal service) have access to them, so it should be you that applies.
Old 08 November 2004, 11:44 PM
Buckrogers
Scooby Regular

You can request a copy under data protection rules, cost a tenner.

go to police.gov.uk (i think) find YOUR local force web site. Look under DP, they should have a form 164 (if each force uses same numbering). "Application for prosecution / conviction history from the police national computer".

Not that I know anything about that m'lord...
Old 08 November 2004, 11:48 PM
Buckrogers
Scooby Regular

i thought about that but they wont have records of cautions from the police will they ?

is there any way of getting a crb/police check as an individual, and will these also list everything ?
I should think they will check your address info, contact all area's concerned then off to scotland yard or somewhere down that neck of the woods.

The form mentioned above, will have everything that is on your record. Not sure how long cautions last for.
Old 08 November 2004, 11:55 PM
pblakeway
Scooby Regular

Thank you very much, found the form, but f.. me 40 days for a response, bit slow init.

hmm might end up having to leave a couple of things of the application form, and hope they see it as forgetfull, rather than wait that long.
Old 09 November 2004, 12:16 AM
Buckrogers
Scooby Regular

Thank you very much, found the form, but f.. me 40 days for a response, bit slow init.
Tis a bit slow, but they got 10 years of address history to hunt down.

hmm might end up having to leave a couple of things of the application form, and hope they see it as forgetfull, rather than wait that long.
I hope that does not come back and bite you....!

What are you applying for?
Old 09 November 2004, 02:33 AM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I have to apply every 12 months for a CRC (Criminal record check) for my job at the airport as i have to go "Airside", this is a basic check and covers you for the last 5 years, 99% of employers will accept this as it shows up if u have really been a naughty boy

You apply on-line and cost you £13 i think it was and can take up 8 weeks so pront off the reciept at the end of it as it has ur reference number on it should you need to contact them
hope it helps

http://www.disclosurescotland.co.uk
Old 09 November 2004, 08:36 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Try to differentiate between the ones you got done for and the others Otherwise you may get a knock on the door........