Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Bluetoth carkits that accept multiple phones

Search this Thread

Old 28 October 2004, 07:35 PM
Lum
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetoth carkits that accept multiple phones

Apologies if this is in the wrong place but I am looking for a bluetooth handsfree kit (not a headset) that will be able to work with both my work and personal phone at the same time, most of them will only register the first phone that comes into the car then ignore any others, which is no-good if the wrong phone rings.

Any suggestions?
Old 28 October 2004, 07:48 PM
Superloop
Scooby Regular

Hi mate

The Nokia one is supposed to do 8 phones but will only work with one at a time. (I recon they'll all be the same)
You have to switch using the phones.
HOWEVER - it seem that Nokia have discontinued it and its only been out a short time so i guess there may have been problems or they're bringing a new one out.
My colleges are going for the Sony Erricson kit but i think the same applies so i've said **** it got a screwless mount from www.dashmount.co.uk and a normal kit - bonus is it charges as well and obviously the blue tooth don't.
Old 28 October 2004, 08:02 PM
Lum
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Superloop
Hi mate

The Nokia one is supposed to do 8 phones but will only work with one at a time. (I recon they'll all be the same)
You have to switch using the phones.
HOWEVER - it seem that Nokia have discontinued it and its only been out a short time so i guess there may have been problems or they're bringing a new one out.
My colleges are going for the Sony Erricson kit but i think the same applies so i've said **** it got a screwless mount from www.dashmount.co.uk and a normal kit - bonus is it charges as well and obviously the blue tooth don't.
Will I be able to easilly switch manually and answer the ringing phone. Obviously I wont be able to make two voice calls at the same time, that would be silly, but I do need to be able to easilly get at either phone.
Old 28 October 2004, 09:36 PM
Up_North
Scooby Regular

Lum,

I wanted summit exactly the same as you some time ago - got a personal 6310 and a busines one. The Parrot kit I had could only pair with one at a time - it wouldn't be practical to unpair one and pair the ringing one before the call went to voicemail. And it defeats the object of safe driving hands free.

Best you could do is forward one to the other - most networks will transmit the caller id of th original caller, not the forwarding phone.

Ian
Old 28 October 2004, 09:41 PM
GarethE
Scooby Regular

Hi m8 - its something I've been looking for for ages as I'm in the same situation. Up to now Ive had two kits - my Nokia 6310i running off the standard handsfree and my Nokia 8910i running off a bluetooth carkit.

The Nokia Advanced carkit CK-7W will allow connection via "pop-port" (on some of the latest phones like the 6230) or via bluetooth, but I cannot find out whether its possible to connect using both simultaneously. I'm changing the car soon and planning to upgrade the 6310i to 6230 and see if it will work using the pop port on that, and the blutooth for the 8910i.

I don't know of a single bluetooth kit that will allow simultaneous connection to two different phones, as its seems only possible to pair one at a time.

I should have it done within the next week or so, so I'll keep you posted....unless someone in the mobile telecom business can offer a definative answer.

Cheers, Gareth
Old 28 October 2004, 10:04 PM
Lum
Scooby Regular

The problem with forwarding my work phone to my personal one, other than it costing them money of course, is that I have to remember to set it when I get in the car (which I wont) and to unset it when I get out again (which I wont either) I dont want a divert on no reply either because if I leave my work mobile switched off or at home it's because I dont want work bothering me.

I guess the best solution will be to get a decent bluetooth kit for my personal phone, not bother getting work to upgrade my work phone to a bluetooth one yet, and stick with my crappy suction cup on windscreen handsfree, unless anyone knows any decent (ie. audiable) handsfree kits for the 5210 that are cheap and non-permanant.

BTW, I've heard horror stories about fully installed bluetooth kits playing havoc with car electrics, locking the doors and setting things on fire, is there any truth to any of this?
Old 28 October 2004, 10:59 PM
Superloop
Scooby Regular

There is another way.

At work we can add our personal numbers to our work SIM. One of the guys in my team has done it. If you want i can get more detail off him re how he pays his bill (to work or Orange)?

As for the question earlier i don't know how you switch just that you can - i didn't get one as its discontinued
Old 28 October 2004, 11:18 PM
Lum
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Superloop
There is another way.

At work we can add our personal numbers to our work SIM. One of the guys in my team has done it. If you want i can get more detail off him re how he pays his bill (to work or Orange)?

As for the question earlier i don't know how you switch just that you can - i didn't get one as its discontinued
That only works on Orange IIRC.
Both my phones are on Cellnet.
Old 28 October 2004, 11:29 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a Sony Ericsson T39
I have a Sony Ericsson T68
I have a Nokia 6230

I have a Sony Ericsson HBC-30 Car Kit

My T39 connects and disconnects at will (press of cancel button) - automatically
My T68 connects then never releases the BT connection - connects automatically, requires pwr off/on to release
My 6230 needs manual BT on/off

I tried the T68 as a new connection on a new install (first) & the above was the same.

I have just purchased a 2nd T39 off eBay for my wife to use so that we can both make/receive calls in each others cars - she has an HBC-30 as well. We'll see...

Note - only one active call at a time per car kit using BT
Old 29 October 2004, 08:13 AM
Steve Perriam
Scooby Regular

i've got the SE HCB-30 kit same as puff along with a SE K700i.

this kit will 'remember' upto 5 paired devices.

however this kit only automatically 'remembers' the last paired device.
Old 29 October 2004, 10:54 AM
pbee
Scooby Regular

The latest ericsson kit HCB300 has upto 8 phones and the control eliminates a colour depending what phone is currently in use. It automaticly switches to whatver colour depending on the phone that is in-range. you can swop between phones by pressing a button on the control.

i think it might even automaticly switch to the phone that is ringing. as you register each phone with the unit. not 100% sure on that.

Fitted this in a mates car and it works very well, would put it in mine but my company makes its own phones and they dont support bluetooth

http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=HCB-300
Old 29 October 2004, 10:57 PM
Lum
Scooby Regular

If it auto switches on ringing then it's perfect.
Would it be possible to test this before I part with the readies?