Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Traffic offence, poss outcomes

Search this Thread

Old 25 October 2004, 10:29 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Traffic offence, poss outcomes

My dad sold his old car to a freinds daughter, she leaves it on the road and sees some pillock in an old Volvo take the mirror off as they pass and then scarper, she finds the car and gets in touch with the Police who are charging the Volvo driver with Due care and attention and leaving the scene of an accident, she lied and said it wasnt her even though her mirror was obliterated also !

The young girl whose car got hit provided a piece of Volvo mirror off the road that matched exactly with the what was left of the Volvo's unit, I expect the driver was p1ssed and compared to what she could have got may just get off lightly but I would imagine Due care and leaving the scene could be quite serious anyway ?
Old 25 October 2004, 10:51 PM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The failing to stop attracts 5 - 10 points and an AC10 endorsment on the license which will have a most interesting effect on the next insurance quote.

Driving without due care and attention attracts 3 - 9 points and a CD10 endorsment and will also be of considerable interest to insurance companies.

If she was drunk at the time and assuming reasonable representation in court (It was only a wing mirror, very sorry, in hurry to get sick dog to the vet, didn't realise there had been an impact until got home and then didn't know where it happened your worship...) then you are probably correct and she will get off pretty lightly. I would doubt if a magistrate would ban her unless the police can come up with some pretty good stuff and, in truth, I wouldn't be at all convinced that the CPS would have enough to chase the due care charge either.
Old 26 October 2004, 06:51 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Needs telling whatever, I hate people who do that !