Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Human Rights campaigners are having a laugh surely?

Search this Thread

Old 06 October 2004, 12:52 PM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Classic.. Reminds me of an old episode of The Simpsons where Bart, Nelson, Jimbo and the other one are offered free mountain bikes then locked in the boiler room when they go to collect them. Would have loved to see their faces
Old 06 October 2004, 12:54 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

HA HA HA HA HA! Fronted by Neil and Christine Hamilton - classic! Did they nick the presenters as well?

On a separate note, considering your posts over the last couple of weeks Bob, may I suggest that to cure your high blood pressure you don't buy a bike or a dog, but simply cut down on reading Sky news? You seem to have almost a rant a day recently!
Old 06 October 2004, 12:59 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

That's an old trick. They've been doing it in the States for years. Trust the PC mob to object.

UB
Old 06 October 2004, 05:19 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Hear hear!

Les
Old 06 October 2004, 07:40 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

Hasn't McIntyre already done one series of this sort of thing before? I'm sure i've seen something where a bunch of chavs and car thieves were told they'd won a driving day and were then nicked by plod when they arrived to claim their prize.

Bit of a shame we have to resort to TV companies doing the job of the police, but I suppose it's fair enough if it works and gets crims off the streets.
Old 06 October 2004, 10:19 PM
Buzzer
Scooby Regular

FPMSL I bet the series would be a big hit

Well i would pay to watch it

Channel 5 would have an overnight hit on their hands

What to call it though
Old 06 October 2004, 10:57 PM
Buckrogers
Scooby Regular

It's utter cr@p.

Where is the justice for the people who have been affected by their criminal actions?

Do-gooders got nothing better to do, round them up and stick them in Iraq to help out.
Old 07 October 2004, 12:36 AM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Lightbulb

To a large extent, i agree with Liberty.

Crime is a serious matter, and should not be trivialised via pseudo game shows and cheap TV.

As mentioned above, Donut MacIntyre did a similar spoof, and "caught" a dozen of so-called fine-skippers, bail jumpers and driving-whilst-disqualifieds. They were all done good an proper, and we all had a laugh - except for the fact that they were all bailed YET AGAIN and over half never turned up to court

Then you have crap like that program "Swag", where they leave expensive goods on show and let chancers attempt to nick them. That followed by a naff confession and then let 'em go

Now if there was a cheap TV program showing crims getting hurt badly for their crimes - humm, maybe

mb
Old 07 October 2004, 06:29 AM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

"Scooby Vigilante Squad"

"Every week a group of keen Subaru enthusiasts parks a Impreza in a seriously chavvy area overnight, then all lurk nearby in transit vans with crossbows, knives and baseball bats at the ready."

That could work.

Performance Bikes magazine ran a story a few years back about a group of lads who went about doing this on request for people who'd had their bikes nicked. According to the story they used a sportsbike as bait, then parked their van nearby, if anyone started working on the bike then they'd all pile out with bats and point out that theiving isn't such a good idea.
Old 07 October 2004, 07:41 AM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jap2Scrap
Classic.. Reminds me of an old episode of The Simpsons where Bart, Nelson, Jimbo and the other one are offered free mountain bikes then locked in the boiler room when they go to collect them. Would have loved to see their faces
A better example is "Scotchtoberfest" - there's no such thing!, "ahh, ya used me, skinner!!"

The ultimate frame up

"POWER TO THE TREE-HUGGERS"!!!!

Dan
Old 07 October 2004, 09:08 AM
Pbr
Scooby Regular

Performance Bikes magazine ran a story a few years back about a group of lads who went about doing this on request for people who'd had their bikes nicked. According to the story they used a sportsbike as bait, then parked their van nearby, if anyone started working on the bike then they'd all pile out with bats and point out that theiving isn't such a good idea.
LOL! I remember that feature well!
Old 07 October 2004, 09:38 AM
ajm
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Iwan
Hasn't McIntyre already done one series of this sort of thing before? I'm sure i've seen something where a bunch of chavs and car thieves were told they'd won a driving day and were then nicked by plod when they arrived to claim their prize.
That was classic. When a chav was nicked:

Copper: "I am arresting you for theft"
Chav: "is this a joke???"
Copper: "no, otherwise I would have said: I say, I say, I say, I am arresting you for theft!"