Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

No wonder people think so little of the police....

Search this Thread

Old 03 September 2004, 03:23 PM
chris singleton
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face No wonder people think so little of the police....

Grrrrrrrrr, [rant mode]

Better half has just been pulled over and fined for not wearing seat belt which is absolute horsecrap as she's the most sensible driver I know and always puts it in before starting the car.

The tosspot copper leaned in through the window and said "it's no good puting it on after I've pulled you over, which I saw you do" and wouldn't listen to her protests or the passenger.

Is it worth fighting it? Probably not, her word and the passengers -v- his. I'd rather set fire to £100 than give them £30.00 though. **** obviously has nothing better to do

[/Rant mode]
Old 03 September 2004, 03:25 PM
Patt@firstime
Scooby Regular

Exatly the same happened to me a few months ago apart from the copper didn't fine me just gave me a 'talking to'! I had it on and when he pulled me he lent in and said the same!!! Proper d1ckheads (most of them )

Matt
Old 03 September 2004, 03:27 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

Official complaint time!
Old 03 September 2004, 03:32 PM
chris singleton
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ajm
Official complaint time!
I was thinking about going down to the station and reading the riot act, she got his details, but I'd probably go too far and get locked up

[childish mode] Probably a power happy scumbag who picks on women as he's got a tiny **** and can't pull [/childish mode]
Old 03 September 2004, 03:36 PM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

I would think its a case worth arguing.
a victim with a witness over a solo purp.

oh, sorry, forgot its the (bad apple in a bunch) police we're talking about.
Old 03 September 2004, 03:38 PM
Stueyb
Scooby Regular

It happened to me. However they got the reg wrong and it almost went to court but a quick mention of nasty letters to the man at the top made them withdraw it asap.
Old 03 September 2004, 03:38 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

Seriously, raise an official complaint. It may make no difference to the outcome this time round, but a black mark on his record will help the next person he tries to fit up. It could even be your missus again!
Old 03 September 2004, 05:02 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Its your right to contest this at court - you probably have a good chance with 2 words against 1.

Probably not much point in complaining as mistakes do happen and it is up to the prosecution to prove the offence at the end of the day. Unless you have a complaint about his conduct, then there would be no 'black marks' put on anyones record
Old 03 September 2004, 05:06 PM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

Hang on. Was she or was she not wearing the seatbelt when she was stopped? Only complain if she was wearing one and has a witness. Keep it civil too. Many of them are OK (see other threads earlier today) but there will be some wallies mixed in with them.
Old 03 September 2004, 06:43 PM
chris singleton
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dracoro
Hang on. Was she or was she not wearing the seatbelt when she was stopped? Only complain if she was wearing one and has a witness. Keep it civil too. Many of them are OK (see other threads earlier today) but there will be some wallies mixed in with them.
Sorry, to clarify, yes she was wearing her seatbelt, the stupid thing was, the driver wasn't and he didn't even comment.

It was his conduct that she wants to compain about, he wouldn't listen to a word, was rude, said he would get "very angry" if she said another word and implied if you take it to court it's your word against mine very smugly.

His partner was in the vehicle and didn't comment but apprently saw the entire thing also.

He's blatantly telling porkies - said he saw her reach accross grab the buckle and put the belt on which would have been impossible to view due to the type of car being driven.

If we decide to go to court will the CPS or the police really try and prosecute? What a waste of time (theirs and ours). Just worried that will get some numpty magistrate and end up with a bigger fine.
Old 03 September 2004, 06:51 PM
unfeasablylargegonads
Scooby Regular

stupid bloody law anyway, my life if I dont want to wear one whats it got to do with anyone else? they will quite happily let me smoke myself to death as I paying them taxies or I can go an jump out of plane parachuting, do a bungee jump, go rock climbing, etc... and no I don't care about the people who would have to clear my body up if I crash with out one as I would probably be dead or a vegtable. If they dont like do anyother job, hell I dont like my job either.

Ohhh I hate that law..........
Old 03 September 2004, 08:04 PM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by unfeasablylargegonads
stupid bloody law anyway, my life if I dont want to wear one whats it got to do with anyone else? they will quite happily let me smoke myself to death as I paying them taxies or I can go an jump out of plane parachuting, do a bungee jump, go rock climbing, etc... and no I don't care about the people who would have to clear my body up if I crash with out one as I would probably be dead or a vegtable. If they dont like do anyother job, hell I dont like my job either.

Ohhh I hate that law..........
Cos if you do crash there is alot more crap to clear up if you aint wearing a seatbelt. Your body is also a dangerous thing flying around a car - could harm/kill others.

The law is sound.
Old 03 September 2004, 09:08 PM
beemerboy
Scooby Regular

stupid bloody law anyway, my life if I dont want to wear one whats it got to do with anyone else?
lmfao, change your username to unfeasablysmallbrain lol.

BB
Old 03 September 2004, 09:10 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

I've been done twice for not wearing one.The second time he said i was a serial non seat belt wearer.
I just laughed.
Old 03 September 2004, 09:21 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In 1974, or thereabouts, I was such a **** as to huff and puff and complain about the new (at that time) law that had just been introduced to make you wear helmets on motorbikes ............ about 6 months later I was involved in a serious accident, my helmet was smashed and ripped along one side - it simply saved my life!!

Consequently, anyone who says the law on wearing a seatbelt is wrong is a complete and utter tosser - not an opinion, a FACT!!

Not quite sure what the poster is saying? Is he saying that his wife was a passenger and had her belt ON? But the driver DIDN'T? If thats the case, and the coppa is doing her too then all I can say is that she must have given the poor coppa a lot of lip!!

Its a tough world out there and its made tougher by backchatting a coppa - just pay up and see it as a lesson learnt - repect the police and they will treat you right

Simple really, but it takes my advanced years to learn the rules - learn from my errors kids!!

Pete
Old 05 September 2004, 02:39 PM
chris singleton
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
In 1974, or thereabouts, I was such a **** as to huff and puff and complain about the new (at that time) law that had just been introduced to make you wear helmets on motorbikes ............ about 6 months later I was involved in a serious accident, my helmet was smashed and ripped along one side - it simply saved my life!!

Consequently, anyone who says the law on wearing a seatbelt is wrong is a complete and utter tosser - not an opinion, a FACT!!

Not quite sure what the poster is saying? Is he saying that his wife was a passenger and had her belt ON? But the driver DIDN'T? If thats the case, and the coppa is doing her too then all I can say is that she must have given the poor coppa a lot of lip!!

Its a tough world out there and its made tougher by backchatting a coppa - just pay up and see it as a lesson learnt - repect the police and they will treat you right

Simple really, but it takes my advanced years to learn the rules - learn from my errors kids!!

Pete
Pete, FO mate

Respect is something that is earned not demanded. There was no back chat or lip, he wouldn't let her speak at all.

She was a passenger and was wearing a seat belt, the driver was not, he didn't even notice that the driver wasn't

Chris
Old 05 September 2004, 08:26 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The country needs your money - just pay up and behave next time!

It will be going to a good cause, a 15 year old Chav with 4 kids - for example

Pete
Old 05 September 2004, 09:04 PM
andypugh2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
my helmet was smashed and ripped along one side
Pete
Sounds nasty Pete