Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Justice has (kind of) been done - with aid of SMS!!

Search this Thread

Old 03 September 2004, 12:13 PM
eClaire
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Justice has (kind of) been done - with aid of SMS!!

My Uncle met this bird from York who is currently living in Edinburgh a while ago. He really genuinely did care for her. She done amatuer dramatics, which he wasn't really into, yet he trotted off quite the thing to go see her. He went to the aftershow bashes and all sorts - it really wasn't his cup of tea!!

Anyways, he asked one thing of her - to attend the wedding of one his work mates a while back. She eventually agreed to go. Once they got there she was being a moody little sh1te. Slagging off the bloke who was getting married and the rest of his mates. My uncle eventually took her home embarrassed. As you can imagine there was a bit of a tiff when they got home. She then proceeded to use violence against him by kicking him in the bollocks and tore his face to shreds. He got her by the face and pushed her down onto the couch and left the room. next thing he knows the police arrived at his front door!!

He got bail first time round and restraining order was put in place. During this time he went out for a meal with a friend, a bank manager at that. it just so happens she was at the other side of the restaurant. He didn't notice this at all, and his mate didn't mention it until after they had finished their meal and left. The next day the police arrive at his house and arrest him. The stupid bint had only told him he approached her in a menacing manner. He didn't go anywhere near her!! He was up in court the next day - and because he had an assault charge on him from 20 years ago he was sent to Saughton Prison . We tried to get the cctv footage from the restaurant the had gone to but the didn't switch the cameras on until after they had left.

He was inside for a good two months - in which time he wasn't earning. The family had chipped in to help keep his mortgage going, put money in for him for **** and munchies. He lost a lot of earnings as he has quite a well paid job - it runs into the thousands. He was up and down to court because she was pushing the Victim Support to get this done. He just could not get out.

It has caused so much hurt for my poor granny and grandad. Sleepless nights, financial burdens and all the rest of it. The whole family was devastated as he is such a good honest bloke!!

The funny thing is - she had sent an array of text messages telling him they can sort it out, and when he gets home she wants to do all sorts to pleasure him and that she was sorry for lying. He saved these. It was in court today - she wanted him sent down (I presume for the lack of him wanting to know her!) and compensation What she didn't know is that these text messages had been saved and verified as to not being interfered with and then presented to the judge The judge was mortified!!

It's over and done with now - he got 240 hours community service over one year. She didn't get compensation.

Apparently she had left York in a hurry, and has had previous other blokes leaving her without a trace! But not Uncle J!!!!! Proud of him I am!! She better bloody hope I never see her in the street!!

Old 03 September 2004, 12:18 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by eClaire
The judge was mortified!!

It's over and done with now - he got 240 hours community service over one year. She didn't get compensation.
Not that mortified though?
Old 03 September 2004, 12:19 PM
eClaire
Scooby Regular

I know. Not exactly the best of results - but without the SMS the result could have been worse. Its over and done with now which is the main thing.
Old 03 September 2004, 12:24 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

He must be a very forgiving person, I admire his restraint. If someone had stitched me up and put me inside I would have them hurt, badly.

What a terrible story. Why didn't she go down for perjury or perverting the course of justice?
Old 03 September 2004, 12:25 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Glad to hear it
Old 03 September 2004, 12:26 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I know. Not exactly the best of results - but without the SMS the result could have been worse. Its over and done with now which is the main thing.
Aye, agree with the over and done bit which counts for so much.

If anybody has ever been dragged to court time and time again without any say in the matter(and racking up costs) then they will understand that sentiment fully.

Long live uncle J.
Old 03 September 2004, 12:26 PM
eClaire
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ajm
He must be a very forgiving person, I admire his restraint. If someone had stitched me up and put me inside I would have them hurt, badly.

What a terrible story. Why didn't she go down for perjury or perverting the course of justice?
He could do. But it has been so much hassle that he doesn't want to waste anymore time on her and get on with his life. Which is quite understandable!
Old 03 September 2004, 12:31 PM
daisy
Scooby Regular

good for him - hope he can put it all behind him and get on with his life in peace!!
Old 03 September 2004, 12:36 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by daisy
hope he can put it all behind him.
One of the skills he may have learnt inside.
Old 03 September 2004, 12:39 PM
Bajie
Scooby Regular

What about compensation for HIS lost earnings, job etc
Old 03 September 2004, 12:43 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

the community service will be to pay for his lodgings in the prison... what a **** system we live in, how the fek can he prove his innocence and he still gets punished with no sort of compensation and let me guess shes walked away from it all? she should have something on her record now to stop this happening to other guys.

Shows how women are evil creature

Glad its all worked out OK for him though Claire
Old 03 September 2004, 12:48 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry

... and that she was sorry for lying.
I'd get the bitch done for perjury and sue her *** off for damages.
Old 03 September 2004, 01:30 PM
eClaire
Scooby Regular

If I were in that situation, then I would sue. But he just wants to leave it be now.

Yes, some women are evil and spiteful, and to be honest - I couldn't imagine a bloke doing what she has done. It's lassies like her that give the rest of us a bad name.

He is a well respected bloke. He has always believed you should never hit women, he has even warned someone off me (my sisters ex). So we know he would never do it, it's just trying to make everyone else aware!!

I think all this zero tolerence bollox is sh!te; it just isn't working. It isn't being used in genuine cases of domestic abuse, but is, however, being used for bitches like her.
Old 03 September 2004, 01:36 PM
Freak
Scooby Regular

Yes, some women are evil and spiteful, and to be honest - I couldn't imagine a bloke doing what she has done. It's lassies like her that give the rest of us a bad name.
Having been through a pretty similar thing, i would agree- you look at someone and think they are normal and nice- but really, under the surface they are a total nutbar.

Its scary when someones total lies are believed and there is nothing you can do about it whatsoever.

I hope he can put it behind him now, although that is easier said than done
Old 03 September 2004, 01:40 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

If I were in that situation, then I would sue.
Unfortunately in the real world it would be a non-starter.

Not forgetting some legal advisors that would happily(off the record of course) suggest strategic moves to aid people like her.
Old 03 September 2004, 01:59 PM
midget1500
Scooby Regular

i refuse to believe there is no recourse for your uncle here?

he was effectively acquitted yet suffers the embarrasment, time in prison, community service, loss of earnings, criminal record? etc. <blood simmering>

that alone deserves compensation - and to think she walks away free? WHAT. <blood now boiling>

this sort of story seems all to common and makes me sick. if this happened to me i would lose ALL respect for society and everything i value which would mean i would think "**** it", i'm gonna go do whatever the hell i feel like.
Old 03 September 2004, 02:24 PM
Bajie
Scooby Regular

Sadly, it just goes to show how much you can achieve when you know how to "work" the system.