Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Goods lost in transit..responsibility?

Search this Thread

Old 28 August 2004, 03:46 PM
joni
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goods lost in transit..responsibility?

I bought a laptop from an online company by telephone (who shall remain nameless for the time being) yesterday. I paid an obscene amount of money for Saturday delivery and received confirmation by email but no courier consignment or tracking information. I hung around this morning. It didn't turn up. Only sales type people on duty on saturdays and clueless as to who or why or what. Decided to give up and deal with it on Tuesday.

At lunchtime a white van without company logos turned up with a "freelance driver" subcontracted from a major international carrier. He wanted a signature for a small light scruffy parcel which I didn't recognise. He got a bit shirty when I insisted on looking inside before signing. The parcel contained a manual from the laptop manufacturer and nothing else. I declined to accept this and found out what depot he had come from. Telephoned them and got no joy.."cannot locate another parcel etc. Please contact the firm you bought from on Tuesday". There was even a hint that the parcel may have been stolen. I have no idea whether the parcel was insured but purchase by credit card covers this I think.

I have this feeling that the courier will blame the supplier and vice versa. Anyone know for sure who is responsible?
Old 28 August 2004, 04:24 PM
lardypants
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well its certainly not yours thats one good thing
Old 28 August 2004, 05:55 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm afraid you are going to have to wait a mite longer for your lappy. It is likely to be the responsibility of the carrier, whether or not he chooses to sub-contract to another party to effect the actual delivery.