Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Florida Park Tickets ???

Search this Thread

Old 17 August 2004, 11:16 PM
Pongo555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Florida Park Tickets ???

Ok fellow scooby owners taking family away on holiday to Florida and was wondering if any off you know of a good web site to get cheap park tikets from i have tried www.ticketmania.com but is there anymore that you guys know of ?

Thanks

Pongo555
Old 18 August 2004, 09:06 AM
Corpulent Tosser
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Based on when I took the family there, there were stalls and booths on International Drive selling discounted tickets, they also bought tickets with unused days on them.

From memory, it was a while ago and I am getting old, these places were cheaper than buying in advance.

CT
Old 18 August 2004, 09:14 AM
super_si
Scooby Regular

I bought mine from Lunn Poly
£164 for 5 day disney and £111 for Universal Studios.

Buying off line we were warned that, they can go walkies in the post and youve lift £500 down with no tickets. Your only saying 5/10 really. Id rather walk in and buy them.

Si
Old 18 August 2004, 11:20 AM
SeanT
Scooby Regular

Post Florida

I usually use this as a good guide for all things disney.

www.mousesavers.com

Sean
Old 18 August 2004, 06:44 PM
gpimp
Scooby Newbie

Cool Florida Tickets

Hi Pongo

We just got back from Orlando on Monday, having spent 2 weeks there including Disney and Universal. We bought our tickets at the parks as we were warned not to touch the ticket booths on I-Drive as they offer part used briefs. The parks proved the best deal, don't forget that these booths have to make a living. We nearly fell into the trap of discounted tickets at our hotel, Best Western, but when the seller mentioned that it included a trip to a timeshare development before we got them he could'nt see us for dust. Got some strange looks from him after that as they sell it different over there! Timeshare selling is the same wherever you go. Oh, and we survived Hurricane Charley! Orlando took a direct hit. The pilot told us on the flight home that it's now hurricane season with more storms right up our a+se as we left.

Enjoy!!!
Old 18 August 2004, 06:58 PM
super_si
Scooby Regular

what was queuing like etc while you where there?

Going next week
Old 18 August 2004, 10:20 PM
gpimp
Scooby Newbie

Cool

Super si

The queuing was not bad at all. Make use of your express or flex passes to jump the queue on the most popular rides. Seldom did we find that when the signs said 45 - 60 mins wait did it take that long. You can get on quicker if you go in the single rider queue if you don't mind going on alone. The Duelling Dragons ride in Universal can take 64 people in one go, 32 in each train as it it two rides in one area, its mental. We got on there twice, the Hulk 3 times and Dr. Doom and Spiderman twice, all in 8 hrs. Disney was much the same queue wise, Epcot being the quietest. Seaworld is worth a visit as its pretty laid back with a lot to do, no queues to speak of. Wet & wild probably had the longest queues although these tailed off during the hurricane!

Have Fun!!
Old 18 August 2004, 10:35 PM
type-r-stan
Scooby Regular

i came back a few weeks ago and bought tickets before i went from undercovertourist.com. Had no problems at all with my tickets.

I also bought some vouchers for planet hollywood at downtown disney for about a fiver each and they got us straight to a table when there would have been a 2 hour wait, also you get $10.00 off your meal for each voucher.. well worth a visit.

Also at universal/island of adventure they do a flex plus ticket which is about $75 for a day but you get to the front of the queue for each ride once. Not bad if you are going when it's busy. If you get a flexticket i think it is a surcharge of $38.00..

Have you sorted car hire? I used yescarhire.com and hired a minivan with alamo, including gold insurance it was £365.00. To go to alamo direct was over £600.00