Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

UFO with Vinnie Moore

Search this Thread

Old 19 June 2004, 11:52 PM
shug
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UFO with Vinnie Moore

Just back from the Carling Glasgow Academy.
I had never heard Vinnie before and thought he was just another 80's shredder.
At first I was impressed and thought he was quite melodic, but as I heard more I thought he was a bit one paced - everything played at top notch speed.
Schenker always knew when to slow it down and when to hold a note.
It's just a pity that he seems to have 'lost it' again. And last time UFO played with him at the Barras - he wisnea very good.
As a sidenote - does anyone know the background to the story of Spike from the Quireboys lamping one on Schenker and knocking him out cold ?

edited for sepllign

Last edited by shug; 20 June 2004 at 12:10 AM.
Old 20 June 2004, 12:07 AM
_Meridian_
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, Vinnie Moore was always the melodic end - I've got a couple of his early albums.

Seen UFO three times over the years, but the time with Metal Mickey was probably the poorest. The only played for seventy minutes - apparaantly Schenker had a sore hand the poor love. Great guitarist, severely troubled human being.

M
Old 20 June 2004, 12:21 AM
dba
Scooby Regular

I had a ticket for last weeks gig at Croydon

sorry but Schenker was/is a tosser for wasting his talent,he ****ed that band over too many times,and thank **** he eventually sold the name back to the other guys.Ok so i still rate side 3 on SITN as one of the best live 2 tracks ever recorded by a rock band,but i am a biased self confessed UFO nut.

The latest cd is just the dogs bollocks imo,a superb rock cd and UFO at their best (well almost)

I saw them in their prime,and its great to see Way/Mogg still rocking away,Mogg still has it and how bloody great is it to see Jason Bonham with those 2?
Old 20 June 2004, 12:36 AM
shug
Scooby Regular

As I was telling one of my newly aquired 'friends' down the front of the Academy tonite - one of my best memories is an MSG gig at Edinburgh Playhouse - Robin McAulay singing and Mitch Perry on 2nd guitar.
Mitch was a cool guy - me and my mates were shouting over to him - pose Mitch pose and he would do the obligitory 80's swing the guitar round himself on the strap.
He would then look over at us looking for the adulation - and I would shout out - 'you posin b@stard'.
He would then stare at us with a bemused look - I guess he did'nt get Scottish humour ?
Old 20 June 2004, 01:27 PM
dba
Scooby Regular

MSG were just an "almost" band,great in bits,had Schenker really applied himself he could have made that band brilliant
Old 20 June 2004, 01:41 PM
Marky-San
Scooby Regular

Vinnie Moore in UFO - and he was on my doorstep and I didnt even know. Thats just screwed my day

Love the instrumental work of Vinnies - been following him since Vicious Rumors, but as you can tell I have in the last few years