Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Rave review, Futurevibe last night!

Search this Thread

Old 01 September 2002, 07:43 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

What a night! I’d been looking forward to this for quite a while now, Mostly because hardcore was returning to the sanctuary in Milton Keynes for the first time in near on two years. No other promoter had the guts to put on a hardcore only event at the sanc, until Vibealite and Futuredance joined forces and put on Futurevibe. The line up looked fantastic and I cant remember the last time Future dance or vibealite had disappointed me, so I was there with bells on. However, I weren’t going without a ticket. I trekked up to Wax city in croyden, where futuredance are based on Tuesday to buy my ticket only to find the place closed! So I phoned Paul compulsion who was organizing a coach up there. He said that as well as the coach he would have a book of tickets to sell too. Bonus. The reason I was getting the coach was because the trains weren’t running that night which was a bit of an arsehole but with a return ticket costing 24squid and the coach doing it for 15 I wasn’t complaining too hard .
On the night, I was feeling a little tired so I went to sleep for a bit before I traveled to Euston. However, I woke up at 5.30pm, which didn’t help as I was meant to be getting on the train at that time! DOH! Luckily I had organized all my rave stuff beforehand, so I grabbed it all and got my old man to drive me to the station at Warp speed. Cheers Dad. When I arrived, I had to wait a few minutes, then handily, an express train arrived which would take me to the waterloo in half the time it usually does. This presented more problems as that meant that there was precious little drinking time, so I got stuck into my pre rave beers. I managed 4 cans in the end, and pulled into waterloo feeling a little battered but well excited about the night ahead. I was on autopilot to Euston as for some reason I cant remember a single thing about the tube journey But when I got there I was greeted by Compy and the rest of the thirty strong crew which were taking the coach to the sanc. We got into the coach and I was feeling great, till we set off and the coach driver turned around to me and said “ How do we get to the M1 then?” I got the map out and despite being totally wasted I managed to navigate us to the north circular. Quite an achievement seeing as I was holding one map and seeing two as the trip progressed, we did the usual stuff you do on coach trips and anyone going to the toilet was automatically entered for the splashback competition. I’ll leave you to work out how that one is played Soon enough we arrived at the sanc, and saw a huge queue outside the venue. As the coach drove by I waved to the people in the queue which I knew. Then we got off the bus at the back end. I had given my beers to one of my mates, Offit Moffit, for safekeeping. However, his faced dropped when I asked him for them back when the coach was driving off. 5 cans and 2 cans of redbull were hurtling over the horizon and wouldn’t be back till the morning. Bummer. Despite this I’d managed to keep the essential supplies on me. 4 proplus, a packet of Dextrose, and a one litre bottle of Lucozade. I necked the dextrose as quickly as I could and washed it down with the lucozade, then I did 3 proplus. I was gonna save one for later on but got a bit paranoid about what would happen if I was caught with a little white tablet when I was searched on the way in and necked that one too. The queue moved along fairly quickly and we were soon waiting to be searched. I was a little nervous about the search as Sanctuary security are well known for treating you like a piece of rotting meat. To add to that I learnt that they were originally Bagleys security, but future dance had got them all sacked when they were right *******s to us a few months back As we got closer I saw them searching the ravers as they entered the building. All black bomber jacket and 12 D cell maglites, they looked right mean *******s, Just as well then that as I was about to go through the metal detector, one of the female security who had run out of ladies to search called me through. I had all my stuff ready and she patted me own for weapons and chewing gum. Then waved me through. Don’t know what the fuss was about personally. Once inside, I saw what the promoters had done to the place. Future dance and Vibealite are well known for sparing no expense in production and it showed. All around the arena were vibealite’s backdrops, Spins on the Dali paintings mostly , with a bit of psycheadelia thrown in for good measure, on stage was a huge face with lights in the eyes then a pair of inflatable hands extended out from the decks, around an inflatable crystal ball. Dominating the west wall was a huge backdrop of the Futurevibe raveangle. And either side of the stage were vibealite’s class projection screens which showed a mixture of live footage on the night, computer graphics of the raveangle behind a set of decks, psychadelic stuff and which DJ was up on the decks. Like I said, no expense had been spared.
Vinal and Dan Devotion were up when I entered the main arena and were warming up the crowd nicely. MC Ethos was on the mic and as he played out at my party last week, gave us a shout when he saw me on the dancefloor. Cheers geezer. I started as I meant to go on and was getting steadily into the choons. However, it wasn’t till halfway through Scott Browns set that all the caffeine, Dextrose and Lukozade I’d done outside came in. All at once too. It was really sudden and quite violent to tell you the truth, one moment I was dancing away like a normal person and the next, WHAM! More energy than I could possibly need was mine. I was instantly wide awake and even the tunes sounded more intense than 5 seconds ago. The rush from it all coming in together with the tunes was one of the best parts of the night for me. The only word that can describe it is profound. This on its own was good enough, but the FV boys had more surprises in store for me. I was turned away from the stage and was dancing away, when my mate Davespice tapped me on the shoulder, then physically turned me around. Two people dressed as starwars Stormtroopers walked onto the stage, followed by two people in elaborate costumes and 3 foot tall stilts. One looked like a predator with long dreadlocks and lasers on his arms and the other was dressed as a robot with neon all over his body. They didn’t just stand there either, I don’t know how difficult it is to dance on stilts but they managed it. That wasn’t the only surprise they had in store for us either, later on another stilt walker came on stage dressed like a robot with huges box like attachements on his arms with light coming out of them, Later on the world record holder for the most amount of bunnyhops on a mountain bike came onstage on a mountain bike and proceeded to freestyle around the MCs, after that “The magnificent Empress Stah” came on and treated us to a display of self mutilation and body piercing which is still seared onto my eyeballs. Not forgetting, of course, Vinnie. This guy is an amazing dancer and comes on wearing a pair of trakkie bottoms and nothing else and then bounces round the stage all night long. You need inspiration to dance then all you need to do is look at Vinnie for a bit. He was on top form last night as well. I really don’t know where this guy gets his energy from. All these made a good night of blinding tunes even better and even more intense. However, it was the music and the talent of the MCs that we were really there for. I’m not one of MC storms biggest fans to be honest. He get a bit too rockstar sometimes and it pisses me off. However, fair play to him, he pulled a blinder last night, Even giving shouts to the birkenheads Also deserving a mention was MC Sharkey Despite having retired a while back he got on the mic and rocked the crowd to the floor. I Really enjoys the Sharks style on the mic as he is genuinely entertaining and he didn’t disapoint either. As the night wore on I ventured away from the main arena upstairs to the oldskool room. I went up there for Vibes’s set but he’d been moved to later on in the night. However Squirrel had taken his place and was dropping some real timeless classics. I had a bit of a stomp to his set then went back down to the main arena. For the next few hours I was somewhat distracted but managed to get off my **** and get on my feet for Sy & Storms set. He pulled a blinderwith his usual hardedged tough hardcore style with no cheese in sight. After that was The event organiser’s set, Kaos. Most of the crowd were totally battered at this point although it was nice to see them getting it on for the final set of the night. Kaos finised on his best form with a tune called madworld which always gets the place rocking so it was rewound and done again. After that it was time for one more tune. Kaos wacked up the bass for the final time but only managed 30 seconds before he blew the entire rig. Whoops, ah well, at least we wouldn’t need it anymore.
Like I said, best night I’d had in years. And I pulled. Bossak.
Astraboy.
Old 02 September 2002, 12:11 AM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Wink

Forgot to mention, Quote of the night comes from my mate mad kev. As the on site paramedics arrived in their ambulance, Kev shouted over to them "I'll see you in a bit!"

astraboy.
Old 02 September 2002, 05:04 AM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Bugger!!! bugger!!!!!!! bugger!!!!! bugger!! I knew i should have gone, i knew it. Talk about rubbing it in astraboy. :-) One hell of a wicked writeup though. BUGGER!!!!!! From about 12 am to about 4 am on saturday night i was thinking about it. I thought to myself, ahh!! i bet they are having a wicked time now, while im sat here on my **** watching tele. I couldnt have made it though, it was impossible. Next time im going, even if its on my own. I havent been keeping in touch lately when they are on so let me know asap when the next one is up, preferably at least 2 days in advance so i can get ready for it. Im really pi$$ed off now. Bugger!!!! Well at least the night ended in a BANG!! Hehe!. Dam, he must have been pumping them speakers for all they were worth.
I cant believe they had the body piercing. Thats mad. Cant wait till the next one, if there is. In closing all i can say is

B.U.G.G.E.R !!! :-)

Scrappy