Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

UFOs

Search this Thread

Old 11 July 2002, 12:08 PM
rayman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone here fascinated by the subject of UFOs ? views ?

Old 11 July 2002, 12:14 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Yes, I have even seen one in the truest sense i.e. there was a flying object I couldn't identify.

I was driving home, early in the morning after ******** some bird. Admittedly I was very, very tired and I was also driving a Lada.

Anyway, I saw this object apparently hovering somewhere over the Mersey Estuary near Fiddlers Ferry Power Station. It looked triangular, but with the top chopped off and there was something going on underneath it, but it wasn't very clear. I immediately put it out of my mind, put it down to being tired, not concentrating etc.

Two days later the local paper came out, with a story about a UFO being spotted over the Mersey, near Fiddlers Ferry with an artists impression. It was exactly what I had seen, at the time I'd seen it. There were about 10 other witnesses.

Spooky huh?
Old 11 July 2002, 12:23 PM
Katana
Scooby Regular

Its just a weather balloon. Nothing to see here. Move along..
Old 11 July 2002, 12:34 PM
Jolly Green Monster 2
Scooby Regular

Wink

wonder how many so called sightings are infact developement aircraft? if you saw the Stealth Bomber in the 70's what would you think it was?

Also strange that most of the sightings are in America?!

But then again, there are a number of unexplainable things..

but the human eye/brain tries to automatically compute the image it sees like magic eye pictures etc.. so 10 people could think they saw the same thing as the brain would interpret the view in a similar way.

Will we ever know?

JGM
Old 11 July 2002, 01:12 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

The fact that the ruskies even had flying saucers that could be piloted from about 1970 is also amusing. I seriously believe that there would be decent evidence if there had been a real UFO. But I also think it s a bit naive to think we are the only such species in the whole universe.
Old 11 July 2002, 05:01 PM
Jolly Green Monster 2
Scooby Regular

Talking

Well there you go..

conclusive proof then.

JGM
Old 11 July 2002, 05:12 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Cool

Whilst I am sceptical about most sightings (I would agree with JGM that there is a lot of secret development & testing going on), I think it would be arrogant to assume that we are alone in a universe so vast that most of it is as yet uncharted.
Old 13 July 2002, 12:03 AM
rayman
Scooby Regular

check this out the movie downloads quite quick, what do ya think ?

http://www.earth-today.com/alt3.htm

Old 13 July 2002, 12:04 AM
rayman
Scooby Regular

check this out the movie downloads quite quick, what do ya think ?

http://www.earth-today.com/alt3.htm

crap posted it twice

[Edited by rayman - 7/13/2002 12:05:22 AM]
Old 07 November 2002, 12:54 PM
bladerider
Scooby Regular

I once saw what was at the time a UFO. It was back the early eighties around the festive season. It was a clear night, we saw what looked like a ball of flames hovering in the sky. The flames then got brighter and all of a sudden it turned a blue white colour and shot across the sky at unimaginable speed. There were hundreds of sightings. Anyway I was in the RAF at the time so I was able to get some info on it. It was apparently the accidental re-entry of a Soviet comms satellite that crash landed somewhere in Poland. It was the cosmos 1066L, launch number 123B. Anyway the point here is that many, if not all sightings can usually be explained.

[Edited by bladerider - 7/11/2002 12:58:34 PM]
Old 07 November 2002, 04:55 PM
Confused alien
Scooby Newbie

Arrow

I know this sound weird, but it's no joke. I have reason to believe that 24 years ago my mother had "an encounter" with what I believe to be an extra terrestrial. My dad! I seem to appear human for the most part, but I have discovered that I posses unique abilities. One of with seems to prevent me from dieing, or receiving permanent injury. I never knew my father, but from what my mother has told me he infact was an alien. She has been reluctant to tell me the whole story, but what she has told me is that my father along with a small group of other aliens has been living here on Earth for some time. She has told me that he cares about me, but he said it is better that we never see him again. I don't know much about my fathers origin, and I don't think my mother knows either, but she has told me that my father had the ability to shape shift. That he could mimic the appearance of any animal he saw. As far as I know I lack that ability. What I do know is that I can breath under water. If I get cut, the wound will heal almost instantly. I am afraid to speak out publicly. I know people will never leave me alone if I did. They are out there have NO doubt about it. Look to the bible what does it teach? If it were proved that you are not alone (which you ain't) most religons would be proved untrue as most state that humans are alone. Then you'd get mass hysteria humans need to belive. Contact has occured and they are amongst us, this I can assure you. I just felt the need to get this off my chest.

[Edited by Confused alien - 7/11/2002 4:58:01 PM]