Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Its now becoming a joke - just not a funny one

Search this Thread

Old 13 May 2004, 04:36 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure you've got it quite right. Although they say it's Saddam's lawyer, it doesn't say he's acting for Saddam in this case, but on behalf of the Iraqi people. If they're peed off that they've been invaded, conquered, tortured etc then they have a point in front of the ICC.

However, the article has missed the true irony of the situation: take a deep breath before you read on. Although the Iraqis can sue the Brits, as Iraq/Saddam never signed up to the ICC, thus the British etc can't use it to sue him for the crimes against humanity that he is no doubt guilty of!

(Relax - they don't have to.)
Old 13 May 2004, 04:46 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, they are suing the UK, why not the USA? not really read the article, so maybe I've missed something.
Old 13 May 2004, 04:49 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Bob - au contraire. Those people who signed up to it should damn well behave in the way they signed. Those who didn't have no such need to behave.

Markus - coz US never signed up to the ICC and the UK did.
Old 13 May 2004, 04:58 PM
Madjay2
Scooby Regular

i havent read this yet

but i am a believer that Bush and Blair should both be put on trial for war crimes, as the war was started under false pretences.

They took this war on because they knew he didnt have weapons of mass destruction and that they could win it. it was a PR ploy that has went badly wrong. Now if UK/US were so interested in releaving the world from the threat of Weapons of mass destruction why havent they started a war with Korea(cant remember if its south korea but ye know what i mean)? because they know they have weapons and will use them!
Old 13 May 2004, 05:47 PM
Harry_Boy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by **************
When are people going to understand this was wasn't just about WMD (or oil before anyone bleats on about that old chestnut)!
Err yes it was. At least that's what our highly honest and trustworthy Government told us was the justification for this farcical action.
Old 13 May 2004, 05:48 PM
Madjay2
Scooby Regular

does it matter what they said it was about it was clearly a LIE anyway. US flexing their muscles as they have did time and time again only to critised for their actions. but this time we had to help them along.

and if it wasnt about WMD and oil then what business of it of ours to be there?
Old 13 May 2004, 07:23 PM
Scooby96
Scooby Regular

That frog should be taken outside and shot!

Madjay - how about genocide?
Old 13 May 2004, 07:28 PM
mj
Scooby Regular

Then as they never signed upto the ICC they have no right to go before it complaining about those who have signed up to it.
Well said that man. What's the ICC do anyway? something specific to POW's?

All this stuff in the media about torturing??? /humiliating /playing naked twister /whatever... , the Iraqi troops - I can't understand why the media is bobarding us with it all - why are we not being told what the Iraqi's did to our chaps in the last Gulf war?

Have any of them actually been hurt?
Were they soldiers, or just bods off the street?

Just curious.
Old 13 May 2004, 07:30 PM
Faire D'Income
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by **************
No it wasn't! FFS people didnt see Tony Blairs interviews then when he quite openly said that it wasn't solely about WMD but they were a major contributing factor to the decision to go to war.
That was his point when all of the other so called justifcations were proven to be incorrect and if he truly wanted to make the world a better place by ridding the world of an evil dictator then why didn't he start with Mugabe and Zimbabwe?

That would have been far easier and acomplished far more, especially as Zim is part of the Commonwealth I'd have thought it was a given that the UK would have wanted to sort that problem out first.
Old 13 May 2004, 07:51 PM
Harry_Boy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Faire D'Income
That was his point when all of the other so called justifcations were proven to be incorrect and if he truly wanted to make the world a better place by ridding the world of an evil dictator then why didn't he start with Mugabe and Zimbabwe?

That would have been far easier and acomplished far more, especially as Zim is part of the Commonwealth I'd have thought it was a given that the UK would have wanted to sort that problem out first.
Absolutely true. When will people realise that this Government is the sleaziest, most insincere one we have ever had? And it all starts at the top.
Old 13 May 2004, 07:57 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

Cue long pointless arguments where no one answers or reads anyone elses post in full, choosing rather to spout forth their own arguments just to hear their belly rumble
Old 13 May 2004, 10:20 PM
Madjay2
Scooby Regular

Madjay - how about genocide?

and whats thats got to do with Britain? **** all mate, why dont we sent are troops to sort out our OWN problems ie. where i live N Ireland. see that wouldnt make political sense though cus ur own country can rot as long as ur seen to be the big man who brought down a dictator that wasnt really too much of a threat to anyone but his own people.

Just a question what exactly has bringing down Saddam accomplished for us?

it pisses me off as much as those people who go off to Africa to "help starving/sick people" or should i say so people will think my god they must be good christians rather than helping out in their own country after all that wouldnt bring about as much gratification from others. (ps long story why i wrote that, involves a bunch of (so called christians i know)
Old 13 May 2004, 10:22 PM
Madjay2
Scooby Regular

"Cue long pointless arguments where no one answers or reads anyone elses post in full, choosing rather to spout forth their own arguments just to hear their belly rumble"

lmfao read above mate
Old 13 May 2004, 10:41 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

luv honesty MadJ........