Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Do you feel the cold?

Search this Thread

Old 08 March 2004, 10:44 AM
Mark Miwurdz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Do you feel the cold?

I don't personally but I saw a young lad out on his paper round this morning in a T shirt!! OK, it's not as cold as it has been of late but it's still 'kin chilly - 3.5 degrees C by my car's gadget - and I saw him in the same garb when it was below zero.

He's either:
- on drugs
- a hard b@stard
- or his mum force feeds him Redy-Brek (sp?) morning, noon and night.

Do you know anyone like this?

Cheers
Kav
Old 08 March 2004, 10:45 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Probably a geordie
Old 08 March 2004, 10:49 AM
ajm
Scooby Regular

Yes.... a farmer I know trudges round all year wearing the same stuff. He runs a shooting ground and was happily moving equipment round in the snow with no gloves or anything. I dont really suffer from the cold but my hands were agonisingly cold and were starting to stick to the metal!!!
Old 08 March 2004, 10:56 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

....no sense no feelin...
Old 08 March 2004, 10:58 AM
Mark Miwurdz
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by NotoriousREV
Probably a geordie
Like Biffa Bacon of Viz fame?

At least he wore a bobble hat.

Cheers
Kav
Old 08 March 2004, 11:24 AM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Hello

I don't feel the cold very much, although as I get older I am starting to!

I certainly go around in a T-Shirt for most of the year, and have interesting "discussions" with my wife about the temperature of the house. We compromise: My study (or "ice-box" as it's known) isn't heated, and I more or less strip when I enter the rest of the house!

Steve.
Old 08 March 2004, 11:41 AM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Cool

Ummm interesting one.

Due to paralysis I feel the cold something rotten. If I get cold it can take till the next day easily before I've warmed up and the pain is shíte. Before the injury I was a t-shirt only man.

On the other hand I can also be hotter than I should be and can't handle heat.

It's known as fúcked thermostaticitus.
Old 08 March 2004, 12:10 PM
rally_bubbles
Scooby Regular

my other half only feels the cold if he's ill! The rest of the time he wears shorts, even in the snow!! In the house I sit around in jeans and a fleece, while he is in just shorts!

B
Old 08 March 2004, 02:04 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Do I know a nutter like this? Yup, his name is Crush I remember a year or so ago we went out down sarf for a birthday drinky for my g/f and it was raining and somewhat cold, and the mad nutter was in only a t-shirt, must say I admired him! ok, so he comes from the land of Scots so he's got to be used to it, but even still, brrrrrrrrr.

I'm getting used to cold though, over here it has ranged from the nice and warm +6C this weekend, to, a few weeks ago around -23C and that is not including windchill! thing is, it's a dry and not damp cold, which makes all the difference, when they say it's -10C it's not actually that bad, I was out and about walking in -17C and it was a little chilly, but it has felt worse at -5C back in the UK.

I do get cold though, and I dislike it, however I find that getting into a nice warm bed with a lovely female next to you soon warms you up
Old 08 March 2004, 02:36 PM
Butkus
Scooby Regular

I have a terrible time in the cold. I suffer from Raynaud's Syndrome, which basically means very poor circulation to the hands and feet. I only suffer with it in my hands, but it can be quite painful sometimes. It's strange how your arm is warm until the wrist and then your hands are freezing. Whenever I shake hands with people they always comment on how cold my hands are!

My hands are also purple and red in colour a lot of the time in the winter, although they're better now (at 27) than when I was a kid. The other kids at school were always taking the mick - saying that Rigor Mortis had set in etc..
Old 08 March 2004, 03:03 PM
darlodge
Scooby Regular

I wear shorts and t-shirt about 9 months of the year. And even then I can't stand getting hot, I sleep in underwear and hate using covers at night as I wake up with a head-ache.

I also will happily work outside in the wind, rain, sleet, hail with just shorts and a fleece. This weekend I was in the garden sorting out kitchen units and everybody else was wearing coats.

I did my Gold D of E award (50 miles) wearing mostly shorts and the temp was below 0.

My girlfriend on the other hand, hates the cold

Darren
Old 08 March 2004, 09:09 PM
David_Dickson
Scooby Regular

Fooooook that.
Born and raised in the North East of Scotland and I absolutely haaaaaate the cold. I really cant stand it.
I think I have whatever Butkus has, poor circulation, as my hands and feet are always cold.
First thing I do in bed when I have female company is to press my feet against her legs to warm them up. She really loves that lmao.

During the recent cold snap I was at work wearing underwear, 2 long-sleeved t-shirts, two pairs of tracksuit trousers, a sweatshirt, my boiler suit and when I went outside a jacket and hat too. I had to walk like Robocop as I couldnt move my joints much but I was nice and warm.

Just going from the flat to the car and the first few minutes in the car till the heater starts working leaves me blue, shivering and with chattering teeth. I have the heating in the flat so high that when I return my glasses steam up as soon as I step through the door!
Old 08 March 2004, 09:43 PM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

I hate the cold too. Can remember 2 little girls who lived next to my mother-in-law, no matter how cold or wet it was, they used to wear sleeveless summer dresses and wellies as well. Always seemed to have colds though and constant runny noses.
Old 08 March 2004, 09:50 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

....Aye ...and theyll prob live till there 120
Old 08 March 2004, 09:55 PM
WRX Wannabe
Scooby Regular

I love the cold

I work in a shop and when all the GIRLS have the heating on i am upstairs with my AIRCON on
Old 08 March 2004, 10:45 PM
BMWhere?
Scooby Senior

Received 229 Likes on 168 Posts

Theres loads of Canadians in my company that all wear shorts and t-shirts to work throughout the Winter - Just trying to proove a point me thinks! God knows how they cope in the Summer when its +40deg. though?

Personally, I used to have more of a problem with the heat rather than cold (being a well 'ard Northerner ) but getting used to the warm Summers in Germany now and suffering more from the cold!

I was out and about walking in -17C and it was a little chilly, but it has felt worse at -5C back in the UK.
Got to agree with that, its colder here in Germany, but without the damp and wet of the UK it doesn't feel so bad!