Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Traffic Cops

Search this Thread

Old 13 January 2004, 02:30 PM
Scott Herts
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did anyone used to watch Traffic Cops on the TV? Do we know if another series is coming on, also question for you?

It is highlighted on the show that the police dont actually stop people for doing anything wrong, they pick a car and use their "6th Sense" which means they follow em til they F*ck up them book you!!

How many of you agree with this? and how many people go to sh*t when a copper is on your tail!!

sorry I hate copper that do that!
Old 13 January 2004, 02:39 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

If I have a police car following me I sometimes pull in to a garage, layby or side street etc. It depends on how long I think they will be on my ****, its either that or drive like a saint (which no one ever does so this makes you look dodgy) for miles until they either turn off or pull you.
Old 13 January 2004, 02:41 PM
lmsbman
Scooby Regular

The sixth sense bit was for the copper who liked finding stolen cars/disqualified drivers etc.
Unfortunately most crims don't put a badge on the car saying "I've just stolen this please stop me"!!!

What else do you expect us to do? Or would you prefer we didn't bother and just let all the grey boxes do the work!!!!!!!!!
Old 13 January 2004, 02:46 PM
Scott Herts
Scooby Regular

I just dont like the idea of being victimised.

I used to have a My99 2.0GT Turbo, immaculate it was.

I was stopped nearly twice daily for about 3 months until i madea complaint to a police chief, Just becuase i was young and am driving a nice car doesnt mean that i nicked it!!

By all means run checks on cars but following them til they make a mistake now that is just pure and simple out of order!
Old 13 January 2004, 02:46 PM
Josh L
Scooby Regular

Please consider your post carefully people, as the thread will end up being locked if this turns into yet another Police bashing thread.

Josh
Old 13 January 2004, 02:48 PM
Scott Herts
Scooby Regular

Sorry firstly its not a police bashing thread, i am happy with the job they do, just when they arent stopping me all the time.

also the thread was to ask if anyone knew when it was next on as the show is pretty good!!
Old 13 January 2004, 02:53 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Guess it depends how you drive...

Not ever been stopped in PTMW! 'cept once when I went to attempt an overtake, saw a laser cop & pulled back in. He pulled me & gave me a gentle bollocking.

I certainly don't worry when a car is on my tail. Nothing to hide, so no need to fear being stopped.

I would much rather prefer to be tugged just in case than not, when its some ****** tea-leaf driving my car

Old 13 January 2004, 02:57 PM
BuRR
Scooby Regular

I know a guy who used to use his "Sixth sense" when pulling a car.... the cars usually turned out to be on false plates, having been stolen from sneak-in burglaries.

Unfortunately, this guy was shot on Boxing day, after speaking to a driver of these very-same kind of cars

[Edited by BuRR - 1/13/2004 2:58:51 PM]