Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

VODAFONE

Search this Thread

Old 13 December 2003, 07:24 PM
Wish
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Ive been with Vodafone for the last 12 years. Never really had any problems with them.
That is up until about 3 months ago when i noticed my left over minuites where not being shown on either of my 2 bills.
I called them up and get no where.
Today i want to upgrade one of the phones and call them up, the phone im after is a motorla V525. Vodafone Upgrade cost £80. Umm Expencive but thats because its a new phone on the market.

Call Car Phone ware house and they want £29.99 !!!!!

FFS Ive been with Vodafone for 12 years and they still want to have me over.

Call back Vodafone and the girl says i need to talk to there lifecycle department. Gives me the number and i call it from my mobile and im on hold for 2hrs 14 mins then the battery runs out on the phone !

Whats happening with Vodafone ?? there customer service is really slipping, now im looking at moving networks.

That permire sponcership must be working well cos they have forgotten me !
Old 13 December 2003, 07:29 PM
Duck_Pond
Scooby Regular

Just tell them that Orange or O2 have offered you that phone for free, plus a load of extras (like they normally do), and they usually change their tune pretty quickly. Should get the upgrade for FA then.

If not, sack off Vodafone and try someone else.
Old 13 December 2003, 07:36 PM
Mr.Manchester
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

i had problems with vodafone, i only used to use my phone during my free minutes period, but then one day got a bill for £200 told them to shove it and never paid a penny!

My mate was recently with 02, he wanted the new samsung E700 upgrade but they wanted £150, he went to orange it got it for free and he got to keep his old number.
Old 13 December 2003, 09:58 PM
Wish
Scooby Regular

I will give them a call on monday and see what they have to say. Personaly i cant belive that there customer service has slipped so badly. Ive always had good service from them, but times must be changing for Vodafone.

Old 13 December 2003, 11:12 PM
Boro
Scooby Regular

If you're happy with the Vodafone network, try changing service provider. Dare i say it.... Singlepoint? Although it think they are owned by Vodafone anyway.
Old 13 December 2003, 11:20 PM
kinky
Scooby Regular

Singlepoint .... Phones 4 U .....

Want to upgrade Mrs. kinky's phone for xmas and switch to another/cheaper tarrif ....

They want a £90 one-off up front payment before they will even discuss upgrading, and that's NOT including any phone costs - so I've told them exactly where to stick it [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] - and am shopping around at the mo.

Edited to say that we've been with Vodaphone for 4-5 years now. Needless to say, not for much longer - their loss.

K

[Edited by kinky - 12/13/2003 11:21:22 PM]
Old 14 December 2003, 08:52 AM
class_A
Scooby Regular

Migrate to the Carphone Warehouse, that's what I did last week. Vodafone Connect wanted £100 to upgrade to the Z600, not likely when CPW offered it for free!

I got the phone I wanted on a network I have been happy with and kept my number.

Vodafone Connect have turned into a bit of a joke, I was on hold for over an hour on 4 seperate occasions to get an upgrade quote and then another hour to get my PAC so I could migrate my number.

They then didn't send out my PAC by the date promised, so another call was needed to obtain it over the phone.

The best time to call is 9am on Saturday, be ready to dial at 8:59:50 and when the clock strikes the switch opens up and you'll get straight through
Old 14 December 2003, 11:45 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Cool

MY Mota V500 (Voda V525) was for free with Orange, got a 1/2 price Gen. Bluetooth headset as well, all that and after 14 months with the old phone. which was a free upgrade as well

May be time to change networks......
Old 14 December 2003, 01:01 PM
Stueyb
Scooby Regular

Angry

If you want a REALLY poor provider o2 online - absolute bag of donkey jizz. Im still trying to get my £50 back for the contract phone I cancelled. I refuse to pay 50p a minute to recover my money from these con merchants. They only deal with online queries. Strange that as I have been waiting a week for a reply to an email.
Old 14 December 2003, 01:16 PM
GTB Limited
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
V525 is free on vodafone, just got mine a couple of days ago

Taken a month to get hold of one though

Mark
Old 14 December 2003, 01:28 PM
Wish
Scooby Regular

GTB, What do you think of the Phone ?

Its a shame as phones seem to be getting bigger again, and personaly i would prefer a nice size phone instead of a camera !
Old 14 December 2003, 10:44 PM
Duck_Pond
Scooby Regular

Wish - At last someone who like me sees the phone as just that, a phone. The cameras, colour screens, touch-control, blah blah blah... Argh!

The whole mobile phone deal bugs me to death now. They're dangerous to your health with their emissions, dangerous to your sanity with their stupid ringtones, and dangerous to your privacy with them being everywhere.

Thank God for the ban whilst driving - a bit of peace at last.

My phone is about as small as you can get; I lose it in my pockets sometimes. Plus it has the vibrating function, so I need not bother with a ringtone, and if I miss a call, tough!
Old 15 December 2003, 09:11 AM
Wish
Scooby Regular

Duck, I agree totaly with what your saying. And i too only have the vibrate on !

Sad aint it !
Old 15 December 2003, 09:58 AM
GTB Limited
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wish,

It's a good size, has a bit of weight to it (so you can feel it)and easy to use.

Ok, so it's got a camera, but Motorola have packed it full of hardware, and to topped it off 'bluetooth'

All my previous phones have been Motorola (flare, 460, timeport 250&280), I find that they do produce a good spec phone, without being all gimicky.

Been with Vodafone for yrs, don't have a problem with the service, or customer services, been very helpful in the past.
The only problem I have had with them is 'Johnny no stars' at the other end.

Normally entails calling back a couple of minutes later, to speak to someone who has an idea... problem solved

Mark

[Edited by GTB Limited - 12/15/2003 10:26:22 AM]