ianmiller999
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wouldn't I fly rc helis and I have heard loads of bad things about these
Old 23 November 2003, 06:58 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Buy from here. £36 I've used this company before and got some goodies the next day
While you're there, look at the rest of the gear - here
Old 23 November 2003, 09:41 PM
sillysi
Scooby Regular

Smile

The warnings on the box are some of the funniest I have ever read. They basically warn you that you have no control of the helicopter. The problem is that you can only make the heli go up or down, to make it turn you ease off the trigger slightly and the tail will start to rotate either left or right depending on the wind direction! In outdoor conditions they will just fly off depending on the wind direction and you will be running after it! Indoors you will most probably kill the cat and smash everything else up. I think I have just convinced myself to buy one. RRH has one but I am not sure if he has flown/crashed it yet. You can get his pm address in the Track Day forum.

Si.
Old 23 November 2003, 10:26 PM
donsajid
Scooby Newbie

Hi, I have actually bought this r/c helicopter from http://www.inest.co.uk and its absolutely FAB!!!!. This is'nt just for the kids, and I am regularly trashing the place, with my wife very close to divorcing me :-)

Actually, i bought it and the service was top notch. I ordered it on the tuesday at about 9pm and it was delivered on the thursday.
Old 23 November 2003, 10:32 PM
ianmiller999
Scooby Regular

There are a few reasons I wouldn't as a rc heli pilot because of the lack of controls and I am aware of the major insurance debate on these(but that would not be a problem in your own house)

However I also believe that they are probably novelty toys which you would probably get bored with, mind you for there price the ornements you are likely to brake are probably more expensive. If you do get 1 be aware of the dangers, I am nopt sure if the model you are interested in is directly connect to the transmitter but be careful that no body is using the smae frequency as you
Old 24 November 2003, 10:01 AM
sillysi
Scooby Regular

donsajid,

As a matter of interest how much control do you actually have of the heli?

Si.
Old 24 November 2003, 10:11 AM
donsajid
Scooby Newbie

Hi,

Actially, you do have quite a lot of control of the heli, in that you can move it up and down and side to side, the only problem is when it takes off it can be quite erratic and therefore people are advised to stand well away during launch.

Also, if you have expnsive antiques lying around, its probably best to avoid using it indoors!!!!
Old 25 November 2003, 06:17 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Are you sure they are the same model though bravo?

Simon.
Old 25 November 2003, 07:18 PM
saj-uk
Scooby Newbie

i bought one from www.fabricuk.com for £49.99 that is after i seen my friends who had brought his from argos for £79.99, the diffrence between mine and his is that his is called a "Hummble Bee" for some reason, and it takes batteries, where as mine is called Air Hog. (incedently fabricuk.com have got the "Hummble Bee" at a cheaper price..?) It has got a rechargeable battery in the base, and also come with a charger,

Excellent Value
Saj
Old 25 November 2003, 07:20 PM
beemerboy
Scooby Regular

no mate,

but i am building one of these *******

BB

PS: not got very far, and theres still 90% of the screws to go in...

so maybe the air hog would have been better!!