>>> Internet fraud <<<

Search this Thread

Old 23 November 2003, 01:37 PM
Mr BLITZ
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Hi,

Anyone here ever been a victim of internet fraud? I've just been ripped off a 1000 EUR buying mobile phones over Sell.be

The thing that frustrates me the most is the lack a way to fight back... Or is there a way?

Any help is welcome, please mail me @ bollox@pandora.be

Thank you!
Old 23 November 2003, 03:03 PM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

Same happened to someone on Passionford. Not sure of the outcome, but pretty certain he didn't get his £800 back
Old 23 November 2003, 09:58 PM
newbie_scoobie
Scooby Regular

Hi mate: got this from the site:

http://sell.be/classifieds/XcCPfaq.asp#19

I think I've been ripped off, what should I do?

There are several things you can do. We recommend starting with the first two options listed below, before following up on the others.

Talk to the other member: Sometimes it may seem like you've been ripped off when what really happened is a miscommunication. See if this is the case before you take your complaint to the next level.

Contact us: If you feel this is an outright case of fraud or a blatant misuse of the system, send us an email with the person's member name. We will investigate it and if we are able to determine with certainty that there was a misuse of the system, we will block the user from using the system and delete all of their ads. Please consider this a fairly extreme measure.

Contact a third party to resolve the problem: If you need to, contact an outside party to arbitrate your dispute.

File a formal complaint: If you paid for an item but never received it, this is considered mail fraud. You can contact your local Post Office or the National Fraud Information Center (http://www.fraud.com) and file a formal complaint.

gutted for you mate, makes me really mad...
I've already sent a few nasty emails, as my mate was the victim of a similar fraud a few months ago with a plasma TV..

I'm afraid it's the smae old adage:
"If a deal looks too good to be true, it probably is..."

Col

Col