Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Traffic Wardens......What I saw was just plain WRONG!

Search this Thread

Old 11 June 2003, 02:32 PM
medders
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Did it make you feel like a big man papasmurf?

If you parked illegally and got a ticket for it off someone who was paid to give tickets, you should be ashamed of yourself.

The fireworks ticketing sounds a bit harsh though if there was no obstruction.

[Edited by medders - 11/6/2003 2:33:03 PM]
Old 11 June 2003, 07:03 PM
RichS
Scooby Regular

Angry

But there were tiny makeshift signs tied to the trees which presumably extended the normal parking restriction times.
(Were the restictions extended to "no parking here ALL NIGHT" on Nov 5th?)

Therefore, the council would probably argue that on this particular night the cars were parked illegally because the restriction times had been temporarily extended.
...and the excuse will be something along the lines of "we need the road clear for fire engines" - or something like that.

Without knowing the road or place, maybe there's a good reason for it (like the fire engines thing), but it strikes me as yet another example of our authorities making another quick buck at the motorists expense [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

[Edited by RichS - 11/6/2003 7:04:48 PM]
Old 06 November 2003, 12:18 PM
Gridlock Mikey
Scooby Regular

Angry

Last night, like many cities around the country, Nottingham had a bloody great Bonfire/fireworks display.

It was held on a MASSIVE recreation ground and proceedings started at about 18:30hrs

Running alongside the site is a long, wide road (Gregory Blvd) about 2 mile long.

This road is a no parking zone from 16-18:00hrs on week days

Needless to say, after 18:00 hrs, people parked thier cars on Gregory Blvd. After 18:00hrs and causing NO obstructions at all.

At 20.55hrs (Firework display started at 21:00 so the place was as busy as it was gonna get) 5 yes FIVE traffic wardens get dropped off in a van and proceed to ticket every single car that was parked. They were leap frogging past each other and i kid you not, they ticketed about 20 cars in a single minute

They then started getting abuse from the crowds (I was amazed at the ferocity of some of it, given that the vehicle was not theirs ), they radioed the van, got in it and dissapeared after trying to defend thier actions by pointing at pathetic makeshift signs that were tiny and tied to trees about 18 ft up

20 cars x £30 = £600 thank you for a minutes work [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] That was just infront of me Imagine how much they got along the whole 2.5 mile road

Nice one to55ers, well done for ruining so many peoples night!

Bang out of order, a set up if ever I saw one.

Mikey not
Old 06 November 2003, 12:29 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Not good.

Sometimes they do themselves no favours whatsoever.
Old 06 November 2003, 01:25 PM
ARM-Scooby
Scooby Regular

Angry

The police and traffic wardens are a disgrace to the UK in my opinion. When you need a police man to help (i.e. a drunk man crashes and you apprehend him) they are too busy, but go a mile/hr over the speed limit and your then next train robber and they cant apprehend you quickly enough!!

I used to attend notts trent uni, went up to see some mate a while ago and i parked in a pay and display not to far from the uni. I returned to the car at 11 to find a ticket on the car, doing there job??
Well it was a sunday night, ticket was issued at 10:22pm and a chap there said that there was a van with 4 officers inside, 2 attached tickets whilst the other two kept people away (i guess they wanted to abuse the officers).

Needless to say the carpark was about 20% full so not like my non-payment stopped anyone else using the carpark, i know i was in the wrong but sunday and that time, and they are moaning about a lack of officers, we all know why.

This whole country is going down hill!!!
Old 06 November 2003, 02:14 PM
Krade
Scooby Regular

I posted this in non scooby realted earlier, but it fits in nicely .

A motorist has been fined £30 for leaving his car park ticket upside down on the dashboard of his car.

Vincent Ryan was given a fixed penalty notice by an attendant at the NCP car park in Ipswich, Suffolk.

Mr Ryan, from Dovercourt, Essex said: "I didn't deliberately put my ticket the wrong way round. It was easy enough to read. The car park attendant would only have had to bend his head a bit to see it."

The attendant had ticked a box on the penalty notice saying that the fine was for "not displaying a valid parking ticket".

A handwritten note added: "Ticket upside down."

Mr Ryan, who works for the RNLI in London, is now writing to NCP to challenge the fine, says the Daily Telegraph.

A spokesman said that any complaint would be looked at and, if the penalty notice had been issued in error, the fine would be cancelled.

Old 06 November 2003, 02:21 PM
pappasmurf
Scooby Regular

I called a traffic warden who booked me a bitch, ***** and facist.
It was worth paying the £30 just to be able to say that.

They are vermin scum.

Trending Topics

Old 06 November 2003, 02:31 PM
ragnarock2
Scooby Regular

See what we have to put up with in Ipswich!
I got a ticket at my previous job for using their loading bay (which had double yellows, but was signposted as a loading bay) I was loading about 80 DLT tapes and a RS/6000 server from my car (i.e. HEAVY), upon getting everythinginto the office, get back to car to find a ticket for £30. Said I wanted to contest the ticket, so went to court.
On the day in court, decided to defend myself (though ut was cut and dry) have letter from work stating that I was loading and had a ticket to the car park 8ft from loading bay. CPS solicitor says "the local law states you are allowed to use the bay only if loading" (which I was), "but we insist that you were not loading, and you are lying" Tell them that I have a season ticket to the car park (and proceeded to show them the said ticket) - result fine put up to £70 as magistrates believed I was lying (despite showing letter from company saying I was loading) - ******* barstewards!

If I see that traffic warden again, I will probably do something I regret!

(mind you, said I was skint and managed to make them accept £1 per week)!
Old 06 November 2003, 02:39 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Agree with medders.

They have a job to do.

They don't need it being made any more difficult by having to be subjected to pathetic verbal abuse. Not at all clever.
Old 06 November 2003, 02:41 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Angry

by pointing at pathetic makeshift signs that were tiny and tied to trees about 18 ft up
That says it all, like those fecking wheel clampers the signs MUST be fixed & clearly visiable, by the sounds of it these weren't so i would defo start making some noise at the council offices.
It's the same when FOREST are playing at home they close most of the embankment off and charge you £3 to park ur cark there.....but when Notts County play at home it suddenly becomes free again...rip off merchants thats all they are..[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 06 November 2003, 03:02 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Angry

Nottingham: they are well known for targetting motorists to raise revenue, while other crimes are allowed to go unpunished, undetected, and un-cared about (if there is such a word).

They were among the first in the country to use loads of speed cameras, the first to use red light cams, and the first to invoke the law about confiscating someone's car.

Meanwhile, gun crime, robbery, burglary, street crime, all out of control.

Notts Chief Constable= waste of space![img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Alcazar
Old 06 November 2003, 05:23 PM
hixton
Scooby Regular

rollocks they have a job to do.
they are on bonus.
they all get power crazy when the suits on.
the only way to deal with them is to disable their radio, get them either in the car, or in a quiet place and do them over.
But make sure their radio is disabled.
Take with you their ticket machone also.
Old 06 November 2003, 05:26 PM
ragnarock2
Scooby Regular

have pictures of the jackass sketch "parking meter fairy" in my mind fpmsl
Old 06 November 2003, 06:01 PM
Luke
BANNED

Should have fired a load of fireworks at them.
The yellow met mob are fine

All others deserve to die. They are like rats. Suprised no one has realy realy given one a good kicking??

Tie one to the tow bar and dragg them round the main roads for a bit ..that will sort the *******s out
Old 06 November 2003, 06:12 PM
workshy_fopp
Scooby Regular

No I think they deserve the verbal abuse. If I get a ticket (not for a while now) I just randomly say stuff like "hope your kids are proud of you" "couldn't you get in the police then" etc. that and calling them ***** of course.
I was in London one day and a white van man was getting ticketed unloading some beer. WVM got a case of Stella out the van and bounced it off the wardens head, who just kinda pulled in his neck a bit, like a tortoise, and carried on writing the ticket. I started cheering from the other side of the road, and my bird clipped me round the ear quite heavily
Old 06 November 2003, 06:15 PM
Dr Hu
Scooby Regular

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
This road is a no parking zone from 16-18:00hrs on week days

Needless to say, after 18:00 hrs, people parked thier cars on Gregory Blvd. After 18:00hrs and causing NO obstructions at all.

At 20.55hrs

errr - hang on a minute - if its a time limited no parking zone, and the cars parked there were otside the restricted time, they were parked legally
Old 06 November 2003, 06:20 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

fair question....weirdly not asked until now!
Old 06 November 2003, 06:46 PM
Gridlock Mikey
Scooby Regular

Wink

OK I'll use easy clock time then

No parking between 4 and six in the afternoon.

Five to nine at night is well past six in the afternoon. Surely?
i.e If the people were parked on the road between 4 and 6 in the afternoon, THEN they should have had the tickets.

Mikey
Old 06 November 2003, 07:41 PM
GTI
Scooby Regular

Bunch of ******* tried to ticket my removal van couple years back when I lived on a main road! I was friggin loading it up, I said I'll just be a minute but I have to load the sofa at the front (too big to get out back) and she said I dnt care! Told her what I thought and moved it when I was done.
Old 07 November 2003, 12:05 AM
Adrian F
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

In london Westminster council is offering a new car to the warden that issues the most tickets. they just issue them to you if you are illegally parked or not in the hope you can't be bothered to argue.