Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Esso

Search this Thread

Old 03 November 2003, 10:28 AM
CupraT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

I called in at the local Esso today and whilst there I decided to check the air in the tyres.
I went to check them and saw that the machine was a pay machine - not too much of a problem other than this one was 20p for 2 minutes.
I know that there is a cost for providing the service (I still think if you spend money on petrol it should be free) but 20p for 2 minutes!

Anyway I checked the tyres etc, but by the time I got to the 4th tyre (it takes the machine ages to check the pressure and adjust) the bloody thing had run out of money. Another 20p inserted and job done. 40p to check and adjust the tyres FFS!

I complained in a nice way to lady in the kiosk (not her fault) and took the telephone number to complain further.

Question - am I just being **** and cheap?

I spend between £45-60 per week there. Don't overly mind paying 20p to check the tyres but 40p is taking the proverbial.

(PS no Shell nearby, but there is a BP now selling the new stuff and they let you check tyres for free)
Old 03 November 2003, 10:33 AM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.
No doubt the gauge is wildly innacurate as well, rip off merchants, write a letter and tell them you won't be using their garage anymore as there are others nearby offering the service for free.
Old 03 November 2003, 10:37 AM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Talking

but there is a BP now selling the new stuff and they let you check tyres for free)
You should have gone to BP in the first place and saved ur 40p, by the way the machine at the Esso near me is FREE
Old 03 November 2003, 10:43 AM
Luke
BANNED

Once went to use a self use car wash in London.Asked for a simple quick wash token. Wash and rinse....
Got the car covered in soap etc and the machine turned on to rinse mode. For 15 seconds!!!! Walked into office and asked what was going on..... very little English spoken as usual!!!!. They said it was normal and I would have to buy another token. I asked to speak to their head office, They said that was the setting and they would not do anything about it.

So I conetcted the hose lance thing to my tow bar and drove off. Never did hear from them!!!! Must have caused hundreds of pounds worth of damage and loss revenue...All because they treat us like Kunts.
Old 03 November 2003, 10:46 AM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

u bad lad
Old 03 November 2003, 11:42 AM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So I conetcted the hose lance thing to my tow bar and drove off. Never did hear from them!!!! Must have caused hundreds of pounds worth of damage and loss revenue...All because they treat us like Kunts.
lol Sounds like they deserved it though.

Paul