Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

DSS Useless!

Search this Thread

Old 06 October 2003, 09:19 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got a letter from the good old DSS this morning, apparently I haven't paid enough NI over the past 8 years full time employment to qualify for Job Seekers allowance. Call them up and they say "oh, the computer only does a preliminary search then a few days later it does a full search, you'll get a letter in a few days telling you that you do qualify".

Not only that, but I called them at 8:50 and got a recorded message saying they only open from 9:00, fair eneough. Between 9:00 and 9:05 I still got the recorded message asking me to call back after 9, then no one answered the phone between 9:05 and 9:10. Maybe we should make some of the DSS staff unemployed for a bit, maybe they'll appreciate their jobs more and actually do them properly the first time. And start work on time.

[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 06 October 2003, 09:25 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
On the other hand, I (who is now on his second bout of DSS activity inside a year ) have always found them extremely helpful, kind and considerate. They have to deal with a lot of cr@p and fill out the forms that some highly paid n00b has designed during a lunch-break, but do so with cheeriness and professionlism.

I'm off to see them in an hour

Old 06 October 2003, 09:41 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm just hacked off because I was enjoying a leisurely breakfast in bed and their letter gave me a heart attack

NotoriousREV - Using your tax money to live like a king