Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

does anyone know the law that lets a farther see his son .... i have paid CSA for...

Search this Thread

Old 08 July 2003, 11:08 PM
Dazza012
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

ditto the points above,
and when ur lad turns 18, u will still be young enough to go out on the pi$$ with him, just like me.

[Edited by Dazza012 - 8/7/2003 11:08:35 PM]
Old 07 August 2003, 08:44 PM
L55 REP
Scooby Regular

about 5-6yrs and at first i had no contact with my son then i started seeing him when the mother alowed me to go swimming with them both and he knew me as gareth <a friend of his mums>.

she wanted it this way as to "not upset" him and i was just happy to see my son.

then she come onto me and keeped asking me to leave my g/f for them wich i dont want to do cos for one its not fair that i should and two i dont want a life with her, i just want to see my son grow up and for him to know who i am.
so that meant we stop talking then last week she text me asking to help her change the birth cert so my name is on there not the boy she was going out with at the time my son was concived/born
i said id help and she now keeps asking me again to leave my g/f and that if i took it to court to see my son i wouldnt get anywere because it was a one night stand and every time i come into her life i cause upset??????

sorry its long and not very well set out but its a bit upseting and i need some answers i cant afford a soliciter at the mo and need to find out were i stand so i can get some money together and sort it out.....

thank you for your time reading this and hope you can help,,,,,,

<please no muppets on this as i wont find it funny> <and if you can see the funny side of this you must be sad!!!!!
Old 07 August 2003, 08:55 PM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

essentially there are two routes:

1) Make an informal arangement with the mother

if this is not possible, next plan is

2) Get a solicitor, have a court hearing and persuade the judge that you should have an access order allowing you to see your son. The fact that you make payments etc should be to your advantage here.

hth

Charlie.
Old 07 August 2003, 09:07 PM
Dazza012
Scooby Regular

The birth certificate CANNOT be changed, u r the father if she / u knowingly put false info on a birth cert u will be can and will be charged.

Do not go back to ur ex, Y, cos its pointless, unless YOU want to not cos she wants u to.

You also have rights as the FATHER to have reasonable access to your child, go see C.A.B. they will help, if that fails go see a solicitor, sounds pricey but its isn't as they take into account what u earn and what CSA u pay.

My advice so take it how u want to.
Never ever let ur child grow up without knowing ur his DAD, my 2 boys alway new me as there dad and it was never mums freind as i wouldn't stand for it.
Jamie my oldest turned 18 yesterday, and Nathan was 16 last July, both know that they can ring me anytime they want, come round any time and also tap me up for cash. they have a problem they call me, im always there for them, and would never turn them away, even my missus treats them as her, makes them to the pots when they stay.

[Edited by Dazza012 - 8/7/2003 9:13:36 PM]
edited again cos i missed off the word "OUT" and it read differently to what i intended it to. (WITHOUT)

[Edited by Dazza012 - 8/7/2003 9:16:28 PM]
Old 07 August 2003, 09:11 PM
DSOTM
Scooby Regular

By no means am I any kind of qualified legal representative, but I can tell you some of the snippets that I know of.

First, go and talk to someone at your local Citizens Advice Bureau. They can help you and explain everything you need to know.

Second, (without wanting to sound out of order) before you put your name on the birth certificate, please be absolutely certain he is yours. Whilst you may think I'm being crass saying that, I think you'd be quite upset having doled out all that brass and emotion only to find later he wasnt yours after all.

Third, you apply to the Courts for an access order. It's best explained as a court backed agreement for times to see your son.
As far as I understand it there have to be very strong representaions from the other party (backed up with evidence/previous convictions) for an access order to be refused.

To be honest, I can't understand why the CSA have got their hooks in you when you aren't the named father on the birth certificate.
I thought they could only do that if there was no father named.

Whatever you do, stay cool about it all and go talk to the CAB.
They are the people who can advise you on everything you need to know.

HTH
Old 07 August 2003, 09:20 PM
L55 REP
Scooby Regular

thanks all should have said it was a one night stand and the girl was seeing my mate they split for a while when the one nighter happened they got back together and they thought it was theres <just add we were all 15 at the time> about a year after the bady was born the boy had tests done by the CSA because they had finished at it turned out it wasnt his so my name was sent to them i had the DNA tests done and it came back 99.5% possative
SO thats why his name was on the birth cert,
Old 07 August 2003, 09:38 PM
esmerelda9920750
Scooby Regular

initial consultations with solicitors are free of charge, or you can ask the citizens advice bureau if there is a local solicitor in your area who sits on a child panel, they can often mediate on your behalf and often make arrangements that suit everyone.

above all else keep fighting for your children, don't be disheartened by your ex too much, she obviously has legal advice behind her, you can match it, solicitors come free or reduced rates in certain circumstances, just ask at the cab and they will point you in right direction

good luck to you
Old 07 August 2003, 10:02 PM
magepaster
Scooby Regular

If you apply for a residency order you will be granted immediate temporary access while awaiting a court date, you can then in court agree to accept permanent agreed access.
Old 07 August 2003, 10:44 PM
L55 REP
Scooby Regular

thanks all will book in at the C,A,B in the morning will keep you informed thanks again,
Old 08 August 2003, 01:01 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

http://www.s-w-t.tk

we are here for you
Old 08 August 2003, 11:39 AM
L55 REP
Scooby Regular

to bloody right dazza hes nealy 8 now the only reason ive left it this long is becasuse i thought she,d grow up and see that its my boy shes depriving of a father but she hasnt so looks like it will be going to court

thanks all......
Old 08 August 2003, 12:05 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Cool

Go for it m8, and good luck to u.
Old 08 August 2003, 12:06 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
1. I know nothing.

2. If you want to fight using law, then you will probably have to show that you want to be the father, not a mailing address. If she fights, her lawyer will try to discredit you by saying you never see him, you aren't really interested, you've been OK up to now at a distance, it would do damage to the child to find out who his father is at this age, you're a no-good layabout who wouldn't be a good role model, etc etc. It is up to you to convince the judge (who may already be convinced, see point 1) that her lawyer is talking crap. What I'm trying to say is, if you can take steps in your life to prove you are good, do them NOW, don't wait until after the court case, so in court you can say "Look, I've already...".

Good luck.
Old 08 August 2003, 12:16 PM
L55 REP
Scooby Regular

you mean like

1, had my own house for 4 years
2, got a steady job
3, in a steady relationship
4, got finances in order
5, dont drink <much> <1 or 2 a week>
6, dont smoke <anything> <unlike her!!!!>
7, got a bedroom ready for him if needed
8, last but not least ive got a SUBARU and its a sport so still got money left from the petrol budget lol
Old 08 August 2003, 12:23 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Sounds good to me!

You're OK, but what about relationship with him? Gave him a birthday present every year? He likes coming to your place? (impossible to prove in ct)

I really know F. All, but am trying to give you an idea of how the other side might fight it. There are more people on scoobynet who have far better experience of this than me. Maybe they can help with suggestions if you need them. hey, I really hope it doesn't get to that stage, agreement is so much better than a nasty court fight.
Old 08 August 2003, 12:48 PM
L55 REP
Scooby Regular

cheers bravo ive just applyed to join an do my bit,

there,s no way it will be sorted out of court unless i leave my g/f and go back with her,,,,,

HER PLAN TO ME WAS.........

i sell my house......we buy new house together.......live together
happy family,,,,,,,,

I THINK HER PLAN IS,,,,,,,,

i sell my house.....we buy house together,,,,,we dont work out <like i know it wont anyway>....she gets to keep house.....
im left flat broke paying house csa etc
Old 08 August 2003, 12:52 PM
L55 REP
Scooby Regular

forgot to say the reason she wants the birth cert changed is because the farther named is not the proven father she needs it changing to be able to get my son a bank account/passport as his birth cert now is not a legitamate document,
Old 08 August 2003, 12:58 PM
ianmiller999
Scooby Regular

I think you hit it on the nail there mate, seen it happen so many times
Old 08 August 2003, 02:35 PM
esmerelda9920750
Scooby Regular

Newport there is no such evil a woman with an alterior motive.

She has no right to hold your children to ramsome.

See a solicitor, make sure its a Partner in a firm as they have far more clout and experience in dealing with such spiteful cases.

Your children do not deserve to be stuck in the middle of this mess.

She must be gettng advice on how to screw you into the ground from somewhere, its about time you levelled the playing field.

Hope everything is worked out soon for the children and you, get a damn good lawyer and do as she is doing to you.
Old 08 August 2003, 03:06 PM
daiscooby
BANNED

Wink

Gareth

1) Don't dare leave your Mrs or you'll never drive my new Turbo !! lol

2) Seek urgent legal advice. If you need it I will ask a favour of a mate of mine who is in Roger James and Vaux solicitors. He does criminal law, but he can get most things sorted.

You have my mobile number if you need owt.

See ya

Sean
Old 11 August 2003, 01:10 PM
L55 REP
Scooby Regular

dai i cant leave her i cant iron lol

ive just spoke to my ex and it came to the situation where ive said if you want to speak to me anymore do it through your solicitor because shes just ring/texting to anoy me now,
Old 11 August 2003, 09:37 PM
L55 REP
Scooby Regular

brazo thats the way i wanted to play it out but she knows that it will cost me to do it through the solicitors and she doesnt have to pay a penny for hers, i tried explaining that i would rather spent the £££££,s on my son an she threw it in my face that i would be spoiling him and hed want to come live with me etc etc..

after i said that i had a text off her saying " craig <her ex> was a better farther than i am"

i was dying to send one back saying "yeah well he had the chance to be i havent" but ive bit my tounge but it just goes to show shes just trying to wind me up ,,and she doesnt care her sons losing out on a father