UB

[Edited by unclebuck - 8/5/2003 9:23:05 PM]
Old 08 June 2003, 12:40 PM
scoob_babe
Scooby Regular

Location: Nobody knows how to tie the simple knots that I know
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Nimbus - I believe its the Return on Title of Deeds that you want to be checking for.

I think ours came through before exchange for checking that it was ok.

Edited to say that we always had to stand up when the teacher came into the classroom, head teacher or not (that was mid 80s!)

[Edited by scoob_babe - 8/6/2003 12:41:39 PM]
Old 05 August 2003, 09:22 PM
MarkO
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I found the 'House Trapped' program on before it much more entertaining. The couple who bought a flat and forgot to ask whether the garden was a private or shared one made me laugh out loud. D'oh!
Old 06 August 2003, 10:14 AM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Yep, saw them both.

House Trapped
Felt sorry for the old people who knocked there leased houses down so the lease owner (is that the right word? not sure how they work actually) could not profit from them when the lease expired.

That'll Teach Them
Great program. How much better did that one boy look afte they chopped of his "mane" of a hair style Interesting to see how they will have changed at the end of it all...

That's Tue eve viewing sorted then...
Old 06 August 2003, 10:26 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Also saw them both:

House Trapped;
All I can say is read VERY carefully and question EVERYTHINg when you move house - be absolutely sure that you understand everything. The couple with the shared garden should have had that highlighted when they had their searches done. Got to agree that it was extremely sad to see the pensioners knocking down their own houses.

That'll Teach Them;
Oh yes the sheer embarasment on their faces when so many totally failed the 11+ They could have made it more like big brother - we vote people out and in..... OK, I have a sadistic streak and want to see that girl with the curly hair crack.

Quality nights viewing and we have Die Hard on tonight
Old 06 August 2003, 10:28 AM
scoob_babe
Scooby Regular

Location: Nobody knows how to tie the simple knots that I know
to be fair, that lad, Freddy (?) with the wild hair, had tried most things to try and get it reasonable!

Sounds mean, but I would love to see that Nicola get her come-uppance. The head-teacher said he was trying to not to upset her too much when he saw the tears welling up - did he not notice the toss of the head and the look of total defiance she still had!!
Boy does she appear to have a problem with authourity!!!!

And I'm glad I saw House Trapped after we've gone through moving without (touch wood ) problems later!
Old 06 August 2003, 10:33 AM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

going through a house move now.. . What was it that that solicitor (the one who sues negligent solicitors) say that you should get to cover yourself in that situation? Can't rememebr now. Title Cover or something....
Old 06 August 2003, 10:38 AM
Drunken Bungle Whore
Scooby Regular

Wink

Agree - fab nights viewing. And Spam fritters weren't just in the 50's - I remember having them well into the 70's!!

I have to say I was shocked that they didn't automatically stand when the heamaster walked in - I 'only' left school in the mid 80's and we always stood for the head.

And that muppet when she said she was frustrated that she couldn't answer back and state her opinion - I know what we'd have got for answering back!!

Bring back the cane!! They hardly ever had to use it - the headmaster just got it out at the start of each school year and put the fear of god into us all!
Old 06 August 2003, 12:08 PM
SWRTWannabe
Scooby Regular

Born in the seventies as I was, even though we didn't have the strict discipiline in schools that they had in the fifties, I still wouldn't have considered backchatting teachers I reckon all children nowadays could do with a few lessons in manners and decency.

And how can they turn their noses up at spotted dick and custard? <Shakes head>
Old 06 August 2003, 12:11 PM
blueE9
Scooby Regular

caning clearly required, but never mind my personal deviencies, I quite enjoyed the programme too. Like you say hopefully Nicola's going to get whipped into shape in the way her parents clearly can't be arsed to. I couldn't help thinking that the talking to from the maths teacher after he gave the papers back seemed to have one or two of them responding to the idea that the teacher was there to provide a bit of authority and guidance for once - but perhaps that's just my right-wing wishful thinking.